Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe

VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
Absolutely interesting. And thank you for your honesty regarding the topic, you're quite brave because masses like to get so angry when someone challenges them, lol!
So, the thing is, when the Hamas attacks first happened, it was obvious that it was wrong. An armed group attacking civilians out of nowhere. But I've seen many Western people praise it, saying "Revolution can't happen without violence". Oh hell, this was not a revolution. It was only violence. An Islamic Fundamentalist group provoking a big army under the name of "oh we are the palestinian people". It was so wrong. Westerners didn't get it.
VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
Thus, Israel had the right to defend itself. But it went on and started a full massacre, if you will. It was known this would happen. You provoke a huge army and expect it to do nothing? Sweet Lord.

All in all, it's a mess. Especially because it's more rooted. The problem lies in the arrival of the Jewish people in Palestine. You pick up Jewish people from Europe and fill them in a random place far from home. It was not random in the religious sense, but you know that it's vastly different from Europe. They settled there and it would lead to territory expansion and Palestinians becoming erased, with "Oh, there was no one here when we came."
VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
I hate Hamas. I support Palestinian people as in the right to have their homes and stand against the Israeli army. I hate the Israeli army. I hate the violence-seekers against civilians of both kinds. Israelis are people. So are Palestinians. It's a tricky situation because it's a rooted problem.

I compare it with the Cyprus problem. When the war in 1974 happened and island was divided, Turkey sent off people from random places in Anatolia to Cyprus. They wanted Turks to settle so they could make the island Turkish. But the island was never fully Turkish, the Turks who came in Ottoman times (1571) had blended right in, creating a Cypriot culture with Greek-speaking Cypriots. Cypriots oftentimes shared more with each other than Greece and Turkey.
VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
But no. Turkey sent settlers to change the demographics of the island. Still sends today. And you see it, despite speaking in almost the same way, Turkish-speaking Cypriots and Turkish settlers are different in there. You see, Turkey chose them from the worst regions. If you see an Islamist or someone disrespecting Greek-speaking Cypriots, it's always a Turk.

But then, I look at some of the good settlers. Who were born here as the second generation and want peace. Respectful. Well, they had no fault. It was their grandparents who were bad maybe, but they corrected themselves. And they say that they were born here, their parents were raised here, what are they supposed to do? Is it not their home?

Think of this, but Israelis. They're there since, what, 1948? How many generations does it make? Is it not their home now?
VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
Long story short, if there was a good, kind, and just government who protected the rights of Jewish people and Palestinians, that'd be awesome. If not, bicommunal bizonal federation maybe? Or two-state, but that'd be sort of tricky because even the recognition of Israel could kick off a whole another mess.

If it was a utopia, I'd like it to be one government, one country, all people without extremism. No stealing-homes or shit. But the world is not a utopia and that shit is haunting.

Oh as for Cyprus, I'm a full unificationist. No divided island, just unify it all. Not even a federation would feel enough. No de facto division either. But we have been more peaceful. No violence, no thoughts of hate (other than rare extremists, really).
VaporwaveHistorian
VaporwaveHistorian
Why do certain Westerners (not all, but mass media poisoned ones) support Palestine? Because they see their favorite makeup influencer paint a Palestine flag on her face, or share "Pray for Palestine" on his story for 5 hours, or whatever. It's a bandwagon. They don't know the roots of the problem. They don't understand that Hamas is not revolutionary and doing this for the civilians. No. It's always been thirst for blood when someone kills civilians. These Western people don't get it, it's always black-or-white for them. But the world doesn't work that way.
This is why they'll ignore massacres if it happens to the side they hate. Or they will find a way to praise massacres if it's by their side. My principle is simple: death is the worst thing you can cause on another human being, good or bad. It might be self defense, therefore you won't be persecuted, but death is still an absolute end of worldly life and it is not something to debate lightly.
Some_porcupine
Some_porcupine
thanks for explanation!
yeah, i totally share the same thoughts
like, russian attack ukrainians because putin says so and because it is good excuse to pretend 1991 didnt happen and they want to get ukraina first... but then? full-blown ZSSR? next is what, poland? slovakia? if putin would say - what could people do? russia is huge, cold, nothingness between cities... will villagers and urbanites fight an army if they had to? but what for - would they rather die, than attack neighbors? no one wants to die, esp. when you are forced to, in stale-mate... life is shit anyways, and 1k-s of russians die because suicide. they got "bread and games" nowadays, for a while... (same as russophile Fico here, throwing state money away on elderly for "bonuses" so they can and would vote him again... but those his supporters, bigger part, dont care about settlement and retirement of future gens... so does not putin - or orban...)