Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe

Still a Youth
Still a Youth
transhumanists have been talking about this for years. it's literally just the alt-right that is obsessed with maintaining blue color jobs. the left has been advocating for automated production since the early 1900s.
№56
№56
Automation is going to get rid of more white collar jobs than blue collar ones. It's easier to write a script that automates a digital paper-shuffling job out of existence that it is to design and build a machine that can replace a manual laborer. Personally, I'm a big fan of bureaucratic inefficiency because it's the only thing keeping me employed right now.
Still a Youth
Still a Youth
real bullshit jobs fan lamo. but idk the anti-work crowd gets a lot of hate around here but the whole point of automation for the classical left was to make work obsolete. trolls like to mock the idea but they really are missing the point. its not that people are lazy, it's that there are more important things one can do with their life than flip burgers. if you got machines growing your crops, then why waste time on a tractor? you can live better lives
Andy Kaufman
Andy Kaufman
Jobless utopia would be nice. Question is if our economy can adapt fast enough because we still see unemployment as a negative. I think there will come really tough times when unemployment reaches 10+% due to automation.
And when we're at ~30% we might have come to terms with it as a society.
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: №56
Still a Youth
Still a Youth
i dont think it'll happen in our life too many people are dedicated to making sure the status quo persists
InsufferableCynic
Dang, I shoulda made this as a thread