Currently Listening To

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 50943 times.

I'm up to D5 currently. I'm guessing that some people on this forum are already aware of this album. This is my first listen; it's 6 and a half hours long. As I get older, I think more and more about death and disease; those around me are afflicted more and more by various diseases or ailments. I try to remain stoic, but it can be hard when someone you care very deeply about is going through something like this. I do not personally know anyone with this specific disease, but it's always been one that scares me -- perhaps more than death itself.

EVERYWHERE AT THE END OF TIME (COMPLETE EDITION)

When work began on this series it was difficult to predict how the music would unravel itself. Dementia is an emotive subject for many and always a subject I have treated with maximum respect.

Stages have all been artistic reflections of specific symptoms which can be common with the progression and advancement of the
different forms of Alzheimer's.

Thanks always for your support of this series of works
remembered by The Caretaker.

Physical editions of all stages on both vinyl and compact-disc
are available now and are being distributed by Boomkat.
boomkat.com/labels/history-always-favours-the-winners

May the ballroom remain eternal.

C'est fini.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

STAGE 1 - (A+B)
Here we experience the first signs of memory loss.
This stage is most like a beautiful daydream.
The glory of old age and recollection.
The last of the great days.

STAGE 2 - (C+D)
The second stage is the self realisation and awareness that something is wrong with a refusal to accept that. More effort is made to remember so memories can be more long form with a little more deterioration in quality. The overall personal mood is generally lower than the first stage and at a point before confusion starts setting in.

STAGE 3 - (E+F)
Here we are presented with some of the last coherent memories before confusion fully rolls in and the grey mists form and fade away. Finest moments have been remembered, the musical flow in places is more confused and tangled. As we progress some singular memories become more disturbed, isolated, broken and distant. These are the last embers of awareness before we enter the post awareness stages.

STAGE 4 - (G+H+I+J)
Post-Awareness Stage 4 is where serenity and the ability to recall singular memories gives way to confusions and horror. It's the beginning of an eventual process where all memories begin to become more fluid through entanglements, repetition and rupture.

STAGE 5 - (K+L+M+N)
Post-Awareness Stage 5 confusions and horror.
More extreme entanglements, repetition and rupture can give way to
calmer moments. The unfamiliar may sound and feel familiar.
Time is often spent only in the moment leading to isolation.

STAGE 6 - (O+P+Q+R)
Post-Awareness Stage 6 Is without description.

Bandcamp:

View: https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/album/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time

Virtual Cafe Awards

bees

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I love this album, and this specific track goes well with the shining lights of summer

Y E S! That is easily one of my favorite albums of all time, Cocteau Twins being at least top 5 in my favorite artists.
As for me I'm listening to Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun - Divine Music from a Jail with Lily Chou Chou - Arabesque queued up next. The first song is a combination of throat singing and accordian which isn't for everybody but to me it is just so 'alive' so to speak. The song after that I'm sure you and most people here would like, the song as well as the entire album sounds almost like a japanese Cocteau Twins with the vocals just being used as mouth music.

EDIT: The first song was actually called Kaldak-Khamar but I accidentally labelled it as the album

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Y E S! That is easily one of my favorite albums of all time, Cocteau Twins being at least top 5 in my favorite artists.
As for me I'm listening to Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun - Divine Music from a Jail with Lily Chou Chou - Arabesque queued up next. The first song is a combination of throat singing and accordian which isn't for everybody but to me it is just so 'alive' so to speak. The song after that I'm sure you and most people here would like, the song as well as the entire album sounds almost like a japanese Cocteau Twins with the vocals just being used as mouth music.

EDIT: The first song was actually called Kaldak-Khamar but I accidentally labelled it as the album
Oiun is such a profound singer. i wish there were lyrics of his songs.

Deleted member 2040

Just found some really nice techno and house music, and even Vaporhouse!

Good Vaporhouse

Super good techno

Super dark monchromatic techno (love the entire album)

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Merzcat

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Virtual Cafe Awards