The new Matrix: Resurrections film

Crabbelly

Creator. Destroyer. Demigod.
Reaction score
Awards
What does everyone think about it based on the trailer? I'm quite excited to see it, big fan of the whole series and concept. Not that I can tell much from the trailer but by the looks of it I think they're exploring the idea of parallel universes. It hasn't got that Matrix feel like the previous films, everything looks more modernised rather than dystopian... maybe a mix of the two to reflect the current dystopia we find ourselves in but it does have it's iconic and quintessential cyberpunk aesthetic.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-09-14 20-33-39.png
    Screenshot from 2021-09-14 20-33-39.png
    614.5 KB · Views: 4,897
Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
only the first was the real deal, in the second the premise being retconned into "it was all just a form of control, false opposition" and the third concluding with "the benevolent Architect is so kind to let them be".
How are they both trannies, MK-Ultra stuff?
"One night in January 2001, Larry Wachowski, co-director of the blockbuster Matrix movies, walked into a dark club in West Hollywood, where the rules of identity easily blurred, just like in his films. The Dungeon served the devoted BDSM -- bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism -- community in Los Angeles. It was a place where power dynamics between two different types of people were regularly played out: eager submissives, or slaves, and the dominatrixes who, for an hour or for a night, took complete charge of their minds and bodies, using ropes, whips, chains, knives and needles. Wachowski fell into the former category. And, friends say, he liked engaging in his pastime while dressed like a woman.
One of the people Wachowski met that night was among L.A.'s highest-profile dominatrixes, a tall, imposing blonde with a traffic-stopping figure who used the nom de kink Ilsa Strix. Inflicting extreme pain seemed to be Strix's specialty: "My greatest accomplishment in some ways," she once said, "[was] putting 333 needles into a single..." you guess what "Mistress Ilsa could be harsh, even cruel. "If her submissive said, 'I don't really think I'm interested in needles,' she might just come up and, boom, put a couple of needles under their fingernails," says Mistress Jenna King, an L.A. dominatrix. "She had the ability to bring a true submissive or slave to levels that they never thought they could reach. She expanded their limits, and they were happy about that. It was a power exchange." Ilsa made a number of videos, including Transsexual Extreme 2, ..."

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Reaction score
Awards
How are they both trannies, MK-Ultra stuff?
"One night in January 2001, Larry Wachowski, co-director of the blockbuster Matrix movies, walked into a dark club in West Hollywood, where the rules of identity easily blurred, just like in his films. The Dungeon served the devoted BDSM -- bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism -- community in Los Angeles. It was a place where power dynamics between two different types of people were regularly played out: eager submissives, or slaves, and the dominatrixes who, for an hour or for a night, took complete charge of their minds and bodies, using ropes, whips, chains, knives and needles. Wachowski fell into the former category. And, friends say, he liked engaging in his pastime while dressed like a woman.
One of the people Wachowski met that night was among L.A.'s highest-profile dominatrixes, a tall, imposing blonde with a traffic-stopping figure who used the nom de kink Ilsa Strix. Inflicting extreme pain seemed to be Strix's specialty: "My greatest accomplishment in some ways," she once said, "[was] putting 333 needles into a single..." you guess what "Mistress Ilsa could be harsh, even cruel. "If her submissive said, 'I don't really think I'm interested in needles,' she might just come up and, boom, put a couple of needles under their fingernails," says Mistress Jenna King, an L.A. dominatrix. "She had the ability to bring a true submissive or slave to levels that they never thought they could reach. She expanded their limits, and they were happy about that. It was a power exchange." Ilsa made a number of videos, including Transsexual Extreme 2, ..."
That's interesting. I've never heard that before. So you think the idea for the film was implanted in their minds through their involvement in MKULTRA? Could be possible.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Reaction score
Awards
If the new matrix movie is good or bad compared to originals.
Not really sure what you mean. I'm not asking what's it's like compared to the originals, there's no way to know that since the whole movie hasn't been released yet.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
電話がいかに悪いかについて多くのジョークがあるようです。マトリックスは常にテクノロジーの危険性についてのシリーズでしたが、コンピューターを嫌いながら、クールなコンピューターアクション映画になることはできません。

悪い電話.png

でも、うそをつくつもりはありません。白うさぎは素晴らしい曲の選択です

Virtual Cafe Awards