General Fitness Thread - Discuss all things fitness here!

• Thread starter Rebel
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 15358 times.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I used to do parkour. I know, meme status shit. I was very lithe and in incredible shape, though. After a couple promotions I don't really have the time for it anymore and have put on some weight. I'm looking to get a home gym setup going. Suggestions very welcome, please!
You can find some pretty cheap free weights on offerup

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I used to do parkour. I know, meme status shit. I was very lithe and in incredible shape, though. After a couple promotions I don't really have the time for it anymore and have put on some weight. I'm looking to get a home gym setup going. Suggestions very welcome, please!

Budget and goals and I should be able to help out. Lot of options in today's world

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
What steroid what have the least amount of hairloss?
Haha to be honest man, it's only some compounds that would have little hair loss, but all cycles need to have a testosterone base and testosterone is pretty well known to be a hair line reaper. Your gonna experience some hair loss regardless if you're predisposed to it, though some compounds are more likely to do so. For example, the best beginner cycle is jus Test 500mg/pw, and that alone is enough to show hair loss. I did this, (predisposed to male pattern baldness) and did see my hairline go back a bit and my hair thinned.
My hair did grow back thick again but the hairline stayed where it was, so I would be cautious.

You could combat this with stuff like finasteride (I currently take finasteride to combat hair loss even though not on PEDs anymore), but you would need to take more when on cycle than the normal person, and the risk of side effects increases dramatically.

The general consensus is, if you are predisposed to male pattern baldness, you will probably see some hair loss on cycle regardless of the cycle, so be prepared to combat this and take the risks or don't do it.

Please PM if you have questions, I don't want to discuss this topic on a public thread just in case!

Also to ADMIN: I don't know the rules about discussing performance enhancing compounds, pls tell me if it is not allowed and I will cease lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Haha to be honest man, it's only some compounds that would have little hair loss, but all cycles need to have a testosterone base and testosterone is pretty well known to be a hair line reaper. Your gonna experience some hair loss regardless if you're predisposed to it, though some compounds are more likely to do so. For example, the best beginner cycle is jus Test 500mg/pw, and that alone is enough to show hair loss. I did this, (predisposed to male pattern baldness) and did see my hairline go back a bit and my hair thinned.
My hair did grow back thick again but the hairline stayed where it was, so I would be cautious.

You could combat this with stuff like finasteride (I currently take finasteride to combat hair loss even though not on PEDs anymore), but you would need to take more when on cycle than the normal person, and the risk of side effects increases dramatically.

The general consensus is, if you are predisposed to male pattern baldness, you will probably see some hair loss on cycle regardless of the cycle, so be prepared to combat this and take the risks or don't do it.

Also to ADMIN: I don't know the rules about discussing performance enhancing compounds, pls tell me if it is not allowed and I will cease lol.

That's good to know, I run finasteride, microneedling, and a pretty sophisticated minoxidil mixture so I wonder if that would be enough to protect it. I'd probably give myself another year of natty lifting before I try though

Edit: You have to PCT right?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards

Please PM if you have questions, I don't want to discuss this topic on a public thread just in case!

Interesting, do u think if you take finasteride during a cycle you can maintain the thicknesses of your hair? and don't worry i am admin. As long as you don't link to anywhere illegal its fine

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Budget and goals and I should be able to help out. Lot of options in today's world
Current budget $300. General Contractor though, so I can get materials cheap and am capable in quite a few building trades. I was going to build a multi-height steel bar setup outside (in addition to the $300 budget).
Goals: Lose weight and keep muscles.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, do u think if you take finasteride during a cycle you can maintain the thicknesses of your hair? and don't worry i am admin. As long as you don't link to anywhere illegal its fine
It's a very case by case basis. Finasteride works for some, works great for others, doesn't work at all for some, and has side effects (sexual) for others. The higher dose you take, the higher risk of sides. When you cycle, you will need more finasteride than normal to combat sides. Yes it may protect your hair, but it also may not at all. I can't really give a definitive answer other than in theory yes it should but in practicality, its a case by case thing and no one can give you a straight answer. You gotta be willing to take the risk to be honest, and that risk means your hairline receding and/or hair thinning, or side effects.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
That's good to know, I run finasteride, microneedling, and a pretty sophisticated minoxidil mixture so I wonder if that would be enough to protect it. I'd probably give myself another year of natty lifting before I try though

Edit: You have to PCT right?
Yes PCT is very important to start up your natural test production in a faster amount of time. In theory you could just not PCT and it should start up again by itself, but this can take much, much longer than if you just PCT'd.

PCT fucking sucks btw lol.
2 weeks of absolutely no testosterone than 4-8 weeks of low test building its way back up and your gains slowly drifting, plus feeling like shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Current budget $300. General Contractor though, so I can get materials cheap and am capable in quite a few building trades. I was going to build a multi-height steel bar setup outside (in addition to the $300 budget).
Goals: Lose weight and keep muscles.

Awesome, being able to build a pull up bar set-up is huge. In that case you can take that $300 pretty far. I'm tempted to just tell you to try and find a used set of power blocks or bowflex adjustable dumbells and a set of gymnastics rings and call it a day. This would let you hit every muscle group pretty easily with multiple options. For example for back you could hit dumbell rows and all variations of that, bodyweight rows with the rings, and all pull-up and chin-up variations. Only thing is you'd need a bench but you'd probably be able to build that given your background.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
It's a very case by case basis. Finasteride works for some, works great for others, doesn't work at all for some, and has side effects (sexual) for others. The higher dose you take, the higher risk of sides. When you cycle, you will need more finasteride than normal to combat sides. Yes it may protect your hair, but it also may not at all. I can't really give a definitive answer other than in theory yes it should but in practicality, its a case by case thing and no one can give you a straight answer. You gotta be willing to take the risk to be honest, and that risk means your hairline receding and/or hair thinning, or side effects.
Damn, see my hair is my bread and butter. I dont think I could go with the Joe Rogan look, but thanks for the advice

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
Damn, see my hair is my bread and butter. I dont think I could go with the Joe Rogan look, but thanks for the advice
That's part of the reason I stopped cycling. I need my hair! I don't think I could pull off the egghead look either :njWojak:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Awesome, being able to build a pull up bar set-up is huge. In that case you can take that $300 pretty far. I'm tempted to just tell you to try and find a used set of power blocks or bowflex adjustable dumbells and a set of gymnastics rings and call it a day. This would let you hit every muscle group pretty easily with multiple options. For example for back you could hit dumbell rows and all variations of that, bodyweight rows with the rings, and all pull-up and chin-up variations. Only thing is you'd need a bench but you'd probably be able to build that given your background.
Haha, to be honest I didn't even think about building a bench, but I'm definitely doing that now.

As for the rest, makes sense! I took a little weight training in highschool, so I kinda get all that. I don't know what powerblocks are so I'll look those up.
Is there anything I have to worry about when it comes to quality of gear and stuff? Or is it just like, "Make sure the dumbells actually have weights on them" level stuff?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
Haha, to be honest I didn't even think about building a bench, but I'm definitely doing that now.

As for the rest, makes sense! I took a little weight training in highschool, so I kinda get all that. I don't know what powerblocks are so I'll look those up.
Is there anything I have to worry about when it comes to quality of gear and stuff? Or is it just like, "Make sure the dumbells actually have weights on them" level stuff?
If they're used, you should probably ensure they're still durable/quality, don't want the weights coming off the dumbbell or breaking mid set and falling on you lol!

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Rebel mostly covered it but if you get the Bowflex or Powerblock adjustable dumbbells I'd just give a general quality check. They're all in one adjustable dumbbell systems so the nice thing is you don't need a lot of plates around and they're pretty compact. If you can find them new for a good price I'd recommend that I think the Bowflex ones are around $300 new though

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
@Rebel For a beginner to anabolics do you recommend stacking anything with 500 test? Or is it better to just go with a solo test base for a first cycle

Virtual Cafe Awards

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
What kinda of diet programs do yall follow
just CICO with no wheat or sugar tbh Except on weekends when the bae needs to eat out and I don't wanna be a drag.. And I guess some IF, 16-20 hrs between dinner and my work meal next day.

I've got a bad lower back injury so I just run 5/3/1 to stay generally strong/not fat and make possible the weekend pancakes. Surprised there are ackshullay people using gear on a vaporwave forum tho lmao. /fraud/ used to be like my daytime tv

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
just CICO with no wheat or sugar tbh Except on weekends when the bae needs to eat out and I don't wanna be a drag.. And I guess some IF, 16-20 hrs between dinner and my work meal next day.

I've got a bad lower back injury so I just run 5/3/1 to stay generally strong/not fat and make possible the weekend pancakes. Surprised there are ackshullay people using gear on a vaporwave forum tho lmao. /fraud/ used to be like my daytime tv
Haha don't use it anymore !

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rebel

This Is War, Huh, Wow!
Reaction score
Awards
@Rebel For a beginner to anabolics do you recommend stacking anything with 500 test? Or is it better to just go with a solo test base for a first cycle
I would recommend just using 500 test for the first cycle, that way you can see how you react to it and you know what is giving you sides (if any) compared to if you had a bunch of compounds, and you experience sides, you don't know which one is giving you them.

That being said, I actually did use Dianabol (Dbol) on my first cycle too for the first 4 weeks, but didn't like the sides I got from it so I dropped it 3 weeks in. If I had to, I probably wouldn't use it again.

Virtual Cafe Awards