Anyone here like shoegaze?

tofuDWU

Nomad
Reaction score
Awards
a0349226167_10.jpg

Yeah, this is a vaporwave forum but I'm curious to see who else listens to some shoegaze

Virtual Cafe Awards

tofuDWU

Nomad
Reaction score
Awards
Some Lush some bloody valentine some early bjm counts if I gotta scramble for bonus points but that's about it

I don't even listen to Vaporwave :lainburger:
lmfao fucking based though, just here for the old internet vibes I assume? I used to be heavy into vaporwave but not as much anymore to be totally honest.

I like the idea of shoegaze but none of the stuff I listened to I actually liked.
What ideas do you like? I could probably help you narrow down a few bands cause shoegaze is relatively broad to be honest even for such a short lived genre

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

Asobi Seksu? People call them shoegaze but they sound like typical dream pop fodder to me

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
lmfao fucking based though, just here for the old internet vibes I assume? I used to be heavy into vaporwave but not as much anymore to be totally honest.

Yeah basically. I rove Y2K rong time and the threads here on it have been gucci. It's nice to have an online hangout where you're not too personally and emotionally invested also, lmao.

Because this is a shoegaze thread I'm just gonna post sweetness and light in memory of the time i listened to it Every Single Day:

Virtual Cafe Awards

pedral

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.last.fm
One of my favourite genres of music. Not just "shoegaze" in itself, but also other genres of music mixing shoegaze as well. It's such a broad term, you can put so many styles of music inside of it, I love it.
I just love to drown in waves of reverb and sounds, it makes me feel comfy, like I'm in a hug or a warm blanket.

One of my go-to albums right now is Wildhund by Lantlôs. The song Magnolia especially, it's stuck in my head quite often. This album is not as "shoegaze as his previous album called Melting Sun though. Wildhund is kinda more pop I guess, whereas Melting Sun is more heavy and full of layers of sound.

As usual, I made my obligatory post in a music thread, now I go full lurk mode and listen to what you guys posted. Cheers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards
I'm Australian, we wear Flip Flops 100% of time. I find this post racially insensitive...

No can gaze at shoes. Only tops of ugly hairy hobbit feet. More seethe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

sevatar

I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
Reaction score
Awards
Yes!! I love shoegaze! Some of my favorite bands are from the Japanese scene, I really like Kinoku Teikoku and Mass of the Fermenting Dregs. What new bands have you been listening to lately? I need to improve my knowledge of the western scene.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私が見たところ、シューゲイザーの人気には浮き沈みがあります。すべての誇大宣伝が何であるかを本当に理解していないにもかかわらず、それは信じられないほど回復力のあるジャンルです。あなたはそれにいくつかの信用を与える必要があります

Virtual Cafe Awards

tofuDWU

Nomad
Reaction score
Awards
Not really that into the genre, but I like Ringo Deathstarr.
Love Ringo Deathstarr so good on you man, can't buy good taste.

Yes!! I love shoegaze! Some of my favorite bands are from the Japanese scene, I really like Kinoku Teikoku and Mass of the Fermenting Dregs. What new bands have you been listening to lately? I need to improve my knowledge of the western scene.
Gonna have to give those a listen. But here are some super basic recs for Western gazing: mbv, Slowdive (and Mojave 3 while you're at it honestly), Lush, Deftones, Bowery Electric, Fleeting Joys (a recent discovery for me), Drop Nineteens, M83 (early work), Have a Nice Life, LSD and the Search for God, The Verve (early work), Duster (love them) and maybe the Stone Roses (some songs not all)

Ever feel like you can tell if an album is good from the cover? Yeah, this is one of them :)

私が見たところ、シューゲイザーの人気には浮き沈みがあります。すべての誇大宣伝が何であるかを本当に理解していないにもかかわらず、それは信じられないほど回復力のあるジャンルです。あなたはそれにいくつかの信用を与える必要があります
Well said man. It's a form of modern psychedelia, honestly I see it as vaporwave but rock music

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: _TF

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Love Ringo Deathstarr so good on you man, can't buy good taste.

Gonna have to give those a listen. But here are some super basic recs for Western gazing: mbv, Slowdive (and Mojave 3 while you're at it honestly), Lush, Deftones, Bowery Electric, Fleeting Joys (a recent discovery for me), Drop Nineteens, M83 (early work), Have a Nice Life, LSD and the Search for God, The Verve (early work), Duster (love them) and maybe the Stone Roses (some songs not all)

Ever feel like you can tell if an album is good from the cover? Yeah, this is one of them :)

Well said man. It's a form of modern psychedelia, honestly I see it as vaporwave but rock music
ヴェイパーウェイヴロックミュージックがありますが、それは非常に異なります。

Virtual Cafe Awards