Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Doom_1280w.jpg

FPS GENERAL - IT'S TIME TO KICK GUM & CHEW ASS
Good evening, I noticed the severe lack of an FPS thread on this forum and that just won't do, so thankfully I have made one. Discuss your favourite FPS games, your memories playing them, and what you're playing at the moment. Anything related to the FPS genre belongs in here too so feel free to share your killstreak montages, CS:GO knives, memes, what have you.

halo GIF

If you need mates to play with hopefully this thread helps with that too, never good to go in alone.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone playing the new Halo? I think it's alright, the TTK needs some adjustment on various weapons but the core gameplay is fine, like a 7/10. The real thing holding the game back are the atrocious maps and lack of game types. The best thing I can say about the maps are that some are alright. The lack of diversity in maps + modes makes the loop of gameplay really boring and prevents me from getting really into it and playing for hours like I did for 3 + Reach. This plagued 5 at launch too so I shouldn't be surprised, even though they spent like 6 years and $500 million working on the game 343 does not have a great launch track record.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone playing the new Halo? I think it's alright, the TTK needs some adjustment on various weapons but the core gameplay is fine, like a 7/10. The real thing holding the game back are the atrocious maps and lack of game types. The best thing I can say about the maps are that some are alright. The lack of diversity in maps + modes makes the loop of gameplay really boring and prevents me from getting really into it and playing for hours like I did for 3 + Reach. This plagued 5 at launch too so I shouldn't be surprised, even though they spent like 6 years and $500 million working on the game 343 does not have a great launch track record.
I've been meaning to play it, we should get the Agora Road Halo squad together. Deck our Spartans down in teal, black and pink and fuck shit up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've been meaning to play it, we should get the Agora Road Halo squad together. Deck our Spartans down in teal, black and pink and fuck shit up.
Customisation in Infinite? Hahahaha. You must really have not played it then. That'll be $50 to get those colours please. It being expensive to play spartan dress up aside though I'm down to play.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Customisation in Infinite? Hahahaha. You must really have not played it then. That'll be $50 to get those colours please. It being expensive to play spartan dress up aside though I'm down to play.
Ah fuck, can't even have squad drip anymore. Yeah DM me your steam and discord and we can organise something at some point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I've got to say that F.E.A.R. is probably my favorite FPS of all time. It's a shame the series went downhill so fast.
Bad Company 2, COD4, Halo 2, Shadow of Chernobyl and Insurgency are honorable mentions.
65161.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
I feel like all the big shooter releases this year were average (7/10). Vanguard, BF2042 and Halo were all underwhelming.

I'm currently playing Dusk which is a boomer shooter throwback game. If you haven't played it before and have good memories of Quake 1 / Duke Nukem then you've definitely got to play this one!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

they're just so boring.

it was cool when halo came out. halo was fun, and designed pretty well

but then they just came making clones. and clones. and clones. and clones. and brown clones.

I hope someone soon makes an FPS that A) has more color, and B) has a little more artistry to it.

Deleted member 2652

The Resistance Trilogy! They gunplay is pretty meat-and-potatoes but what they lack in innovation they make up for with pure arcadey fun. Sometimes thats all I ask from a shooter.

Also Postal 2 for the WTF factor

The Resistance Trilogy! They gunplay is pretty meat-and-potatoes but what they lack in innovation they make up for with pure arcadey fun. Sometimes thats all I ask from a shooter.

Also Postal 2 for the WTF factor
I had fun with resistance 1 and 2 when those titles first released. So weird I'd forgotten these games even existed until I saw your post!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

I had fun with resistance 1 and 2 when those titles first released. So weird I'd forgotten these games even existed until I saw your post!

haha, I remember when Sony wanted their own "Halo killer" so fucking bad. There was also Haze and Killzone released roughly around the same time, both of which ultimately amounted to nothing as a franchise. Damn I feel old

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
they're just so boring.

it was cool when halo came out. halo was fun, and designed pretty well

but then they just came making clones. and clones. and clones. and clones. and brown clones.

I hope someone soon makes an FPS that A) has more color, and B) has a little more artistry to it.
Play Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
TL;DR: The fps genre is probably my most played genre (comparatively since i havent played THAT much of games yet) in gaming. im sharing some of my fav games both for singleplayer and multiplayer.

Singleplayers:
my very first fps game was Project IGI. oh lord wasnt that a good game. i was probably 6 or 7 when i played it and the idea of FPS was fairly new and surprising to me because all i had ever played till then was games like road rash or random racing games. classic mario on pc etc etc. i remember being stuck for nearly 30 mins in the first mission where u jump off the train and have to climb a ladder. i couldnt comprehend what the hell was i supposed to do lol. but thankfully the green icon that pops up when u get close to the ladder made me explore what this new sort of game had to offer and overshadow my stupid ass with the excitement of pulling triggers on enemies.

i didnt had my personal pc up until last year so never had the chance to really play a lot of games. but the lack of one didnt stop me from playing anything. i played IGI on my uncles pc. and bunch of other games

few years later i got the opportunity to discover Medal of honor franchise. i didnt play any cod games yet so a world war 2 fps game? im in. MOH allied assault and its expansion packs, pacific assault etc etc completed in a week. after that came the time for me to finally try COD.

COD blew up my mind. no shit. COD 1 is still one of my most fav ww2 game till this day. MOH was great too but it was more like a "one man army" sorta gameplay (yeah ik most shooters are like that) but cod often had this vibe that u are not alone. your comrades beside you screaming this and that often, even shooting down some enemies. running at a target building along with u. it felt like a real ww2 experience.

after cod 1 came its expansion. COD united offensive. great stuff and i love it as much i do for cod 1. i couldnt play the ones for consoles since i never had the chance. so i just jumped to cod 2.

COD 2 had some shocking visuals. the differences of cod 1 and 2 was too much and cod 2 felt like a recent game to me despite of me playing it in 2017 lol. its my most fav game on world war 2 (cod WaW being the 2nd). the campaigns had variations, represented real stories on different fronts. it was simply amazing.

COD WaW is my 2nd most fav ww2 game cuz it focused on the pacific front which no other cod game did before. plus it had the best soviet campaign ive played yet in any game.

what else do i need to say about Modern Warfare? Its fukin great. but not my MOST fav cod game still. but MW is indeed a great series in the franchise if consistent story telling is concerned. i enjoyed mw 2 more than mw 1 lol. cmon. Russia invading USA? Lessgooo

black ops 1. ohh booii take my money.how they connected reznov of the previous cod titles left me amazed and excited. loved it.

after black ops 1 though, ive never played any cod. because they were just. boring. cod ww2 was something i really wanted too play when i grabbed my own pc finally. but that campaign was more of an indian soap opera sorta dramatic campaign than an actual ww2 experience, and ill refrain from commenting over the new vangaurd title. activision is just milking at this point.. i played cod mainly for its campaigns because 5vs5 compact shooters were boring to me. cods multiplayer is fun but the running and gunning is something im fed up with and not really something im into. ive played the above cod games one after another binging more than 30 times for their campaigns over the last 6-7 years.

Metro franchise is also something really worth talking about. both 2033 and last light is indeed linear shooters. but the story was worth playing and i cant wait to get my hand on exodus. since that one has fair share of open world gameplay to it. creating a Stalker like experience in modern gfx.

ive obviously played classics fps games made by ID. played both doom 1 and doom 2 and even the doom rpg on java. wolfenstein yes but i forgot the only one i played from that series. but i did play the newer ones like Old Blood and New order. yet to grab the rest of em. didnt finish doom 2016 yet. eternal neither ofc.

this shits getting too long and ill just cut it short with halo.
i played halo combat evolved (the new gfx suks, i prefer the old one) in 2020. just the main menu and that darn OST got me glued to my screen. the flood was one of the biggest twists ive faced in this genre and i enjoyed every bit of this game. to think a 20 yr old game had this sort of OSTs, story telling, gameplay, and environmental storytelling? man why dont we have games like this anymore?

im yet to play the rest of the halo games. gotta be done with my exams first.

ive played a few more fps games but cant remember their names. suggest some if yall think i should play try em.

Multiplayers:
if ill have to mention my most fav multiplayer fps game. ill say Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. i like the chaotic all out massive warfare more than 5vs5 death match sorta stuff. i like how an avg BF game turns into a war movie with mesmerizing visuals. BF V suked for me. and bf 2042 looks broken as heck. aint buying that no way.

i played cs go for a while too. it was fun. i dont like any of riots games so no didnt try valorant. im not into battle royales either lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've got to say that F.E.A.R. is probably my favorite FPS of all time. It's a shame the series went downhill so fast.
Bad Company 2, COD4, Halo 2, Shadow of Chernobyl and Insurgency are honorable mentions.
View attachment 10365
oh yeah FEAR. ive heard a lot of praise for the AI of this game. and the god darn particle effects ooofff. bought it on steam recently. its annoying how steam doesnt let u buy the first game alone. had to buy the whole franchise in a bundle even though ill probably never touch the other games. maybe ill play the 2nd one.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
TL;DR: The fps genre is probably my most played genre (comparatively since i havent played THAT much of games yet) in gaming. im sharing some of my fav games both for singleplayer and multiplayer.

Singleplayers:
my very first fps game was Project IGI. oh lord wasnt that a good game. i was probably 6 or 7 when i played it and the idea of FPS was fairly new and surprising to me because all i had ever played till then was games like road rash or random racing games. classic mario on pc etc etc. i remember being stuck for nearly 30 mins in the first mission where u jump off the train and have to climb a ladder. i couldnt comprehend what the hell was i supposed to do lol. but thankfully the green icon that pops up when u get close to the ladder made me explore what this new sort of game had to offer and overshadow my stupid ass with the excitement of pulling triggers on enemies.

i didnt had my personal pc up until last year so never had the chance to really play a lot of games. but the lack of one didnt stop me from playing anything. i played IGI on my uncles pc. and bunch of other games

few years later i got the opportunity to discover Medal of honor franchise. i didnt play any cod games yet so a world war 2 fps game? im in. MOH allied assault and its expansion packs, pacific assault etc etc completed in a week. after that came the time for me to finally try COD.

COD blew up my mind. no shit. COD 1 is still one of my most fav ww2 game till this day. MOH was great too but it was more like a "one man army" sorta gameplay (yeah ik most shooters are like that) but cod often had this vibe that u are not alone. your comrades beside you screaming this and that often, even shooting down some enemies. running at a target building along with u. it felt like a real ww2 experience.

after cod 1 came its expansion. COD united offensive. great stuff and i love it as much i do for cod 1. i couldnt play the ones for consoles since i never had the chance. so i just jumped to cod 2.

COD 2 had some shocking visuals. the differences of cod 1 and 2 was too much and cod 2 felt like a recent game to me despite of me playing it in 2017 lol. its my most fav game on world war 2 (cod WaW being the 2nd). the campaigns had variations, represented real stories on different fronts. it was simply amazing.

COD WaW is my 2nd most fav ww2 game cuz it focused on the pacific front which no other cod game did before. plus it had the best soviet campaign ive played yet in any game.

what else do i need to say about Modern Warfare? Its fukin great. but not my MOST fav cod game still. but MW is indeed a great series in the franchise if consistent story telling is concerned. i enjoyed mw 2 more than mw 1 lol. cmon. Russia invading USA? Lessgooo

black ops 1. ohh booii take my money.how they connected reznov of the previous cod titles left me amazed and excited. loved it.

after black ops 1 though, ive never played any cod. because they were just. boring. cod ww2 was something i really wanted too play when i grabbed my own pc finally. but that campaign was more of an indian soap opera sorta dramatic campaign than an actual ww2 experience, and ill refrain from commenting over the new vangaurd title. activision is just milking at this point.. i played cod mainly for its campaigns because 5vs5 compact shooters were boring to me. cods multiplayer is fun but the running and gunning is something im fed up with and not really something im into. ive played the above cod games one after another binging more than 30 times for their campaigns over the last 6-7 years.

Metro franchise is also something really worth talking about. both 2033 and last light is indeed linear shooters. but the story was worth playing and i cant wait to get my hand on exodus. since that one has fair share of open world gameplay to it. creating a Stalker like experience in modern gfx.

ive obviously played classics fps games made by ID. played both doom 1 and doom 2 and even the doom rpg on java. wolfenstein yes but i forgot the only one i played from that series. but i did play the newer ones like Old Blood and New order. yet to grab the rest of em. didnt finish doom 2016 yet. eternal neither ofc.

this shits getting too long and ill just cut it short with halo.
i played halo combat evolved (the new gfx suks, i prefer the old one) in 2020. just the main menu and that darn OST got me glued to my screen. the flood was one of the biggest twists ive faced in this genre and i enjoyed every bit of this game. to think a 20 yr old game had this sort of OSTs, story telling, gameplay, and environmental storytelling? man why dont we have games like this anymore?

im yet to play the rest of the halo games. gotta be done with my exams first.

ive played a few more fps games but cant remember their names. suggest some if yall think i should play try em.

Multiplayers:
if ill have to mention my most fav multiplayer fps game. ill say Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. i like the chaotic all out massive warfare more than 5vs5 death match sorta stuff. i like how an avg BF game turns into a war movie with mesmerizing visuals. BF V suked for me. and bf 2042 looks broken as heck. aint buying that no way.

i played cs go for a while too. it was fun. i dont like any of riots games so no didnt try valorant. im not into battle royales either lol.
Good choices, based Rorschach poster. Would you ever pick up COD again or is it dead to you? I have a mate who buys them every year despite having prior knowledge its going to be shit, it's a bit sad but you can't reason with a COD fanboy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Good choices, based Rorschach poster. Would you ever pick up COD again or is it dead to you? I have a mate who buys them every year despite having prior knowledge its going to be shit, it's a bit sad but you can't reason with a COD fanboy.
it is dead to me. the multiplayer stopped attracting me after black ops. so did the campaign. id rather buy me some indie games than spend it on some trash made for milking money out of fanbois.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
it is dead to me. the multiplayer stopped attracting me after black ops. so did the campaign. id rather buy me some indie games than spend it on some trash made for milking money out of fanbois.
My mate kept trying to get me to play that Warzone shit. I'm sure it's not an awful game but I'm so much more a Halo and Doom kinda guy; I would say TF2 too but that died after that Jungle update which still saddens me greatly.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My mate kept trying to get me to play that Warzone shit. I'm sure it's not an awful game but I'm so much more a Halo and Doom kinda guy; I would say TF2 too but that died after that Jungle update which still saddens me greatly.
battle royales is something i really dont like ngl. warzone is probably the best battle royale out there but i just dont feel like playing it. the only multiplayer i really like to play is Battlefield. hope they fix up 2042. btw do u like tactical shooters? or are u more into singleplayer experiences?

Virtual Cafe Awards