Introduce yourself!

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Hello there. My name is Nagolbud. I'm a Wisconsin born Gringo living in Mexico atm. Been traveling around North America without paperwork, passports, or identification for the last 5 years. 2 years in the USA prior to that so 7 in total. I like homesteading, farming, living off the land, and latina women. I've been known to grow weed with rabbit poop on my roof and make anti vaccine shirts for my neighbors.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
I don't watch TV.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
First time I heard it a friend in Mexico said she had some LCD and wanted to know if she could come over and take one with me. We listened to vaporwave and synthwave making the hot sex all night in my hammock.

How did you find out about this place?
I watched a documentary about the Internet being Dead and they mentioned this website. Looked like a place I wanted to be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF29JeQijhI

What do you do for fun?
I enjoy trolling the system, normies are too easy, by making my own propaganda and using them in psyops to open people's eyes to the reality we live in.

HansGonk

Squid Elf
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Ahoy, ahoy! Da name's Hans Gonk. Dat's not my real name, BUT it's basically my second name at dis point. I'm born in the mid 90s, but I refer to myself as a 2000s kid, since that's where most of my childhood was and I have a bit more of a reliable memory during dat decade and not just, y'know a babay. But, as a wee lad, I didn't have many friends... And still don't to this day! WOOO! BUT, I did use da internet a lot as a kid. Which was a very bad idea! BUT I got to discover a lot through the world wide web. So much interesting information, sprite comics of video game characters cussing! Flash cartoons of video game characters cussing! It was a amazing AND still is. I even loved just talking to people on forums across the internet and sharing my art and all dat. SO it's a bumpy ride spanning for 15+ years baby! BUT let's get down to the interview! :KongDance:

I don't watch a whole lot of TV. So I couldn't really pick one. I really liked Fresh Prince of Bel Air as a kid, BUT let's just say , my life is the exact opposite of that.

I see it as two things: One user here explained it well, it's like rose-tinted glasses but you take the positive aspect and spins it to make a cynical statement. The other I see it as rose tinted glasses but in a subconscious sense, I guess? It strikes a chord of nostalgia in some way. Whether it be positive or negative.

What subgenres are you most into?
I dig the Y2K Aesthetic or rather the retro "turn of the millennium" type of stuff. I think the history behind it is very interesting. I also really did like some of the 9/11 related albums that came out in the last couple of years. Very dark subject matter and I think when done well, it's really strikes the mood and message with little to no words.

I found it through Aesthetics Wiki, through the Y2K article.

What do you do for fun?
I like to play video games, I like to stream, write and I like to learn about history related to tech and games.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SeketMeto

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, everybody! I'm glad I've found this place, I thought forums like this didn't exist anymore...

It's the atmosphere of the 90s/early 2000s, seen through the nostalgia glasses of my childhood. This music transports me right back there. Poof, magic.

I've found it after surfing for a good hour from neocities website to neocities website. Eventually, at the remote edge of an obscure webring there was a small article talking about this place, and it was worth checking out.

What do you do for fun?
I read, I write, I code and I play. With the right amount of motivation and energy, I sometimes pick up my guitar or my ukulele. I work out also, but I'd say it's more to slow down my decay than for actual fun...

Virtual Cafe Awards

queenofthefall

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

I swear I'm not a bot but the first thing that comes to mind is Small Wonder. I was treated weirdly growing up, too.

I'm old, I lived through the entire 1980s (well, I was born in 1979). I really loved the vaporwave aesthetic back in the day, and some of the stuff that seemed to go with it like Sea Punk, and people posting inverted crosses on Tumblr. Weird times, but not as weird as now. I read recently that Mike Nesmith of the Monkees loves vaporwave, he did an interview about it: " "Your best and only access to it is the Internet," he explains. "You've got to put in 'vaporwave' on YouTube and follow it down. It's an endless cavern of inter-connected convolutions. I tell everybody I meet about it. Once you open it up, it's like cracking an egg. It goes all over the place." "

Oh sorry, see above.

I read a random comment on a random subreddit that piqued my conspiratorial interest so I searched for it... and I finally found some people discussing things that are on my mind.

What do you do for fun?

I try to decode the universe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bendersteed

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

I don't know if it's a sitcom but the show I connect most with is the Adventures of Pete & Pete

The dreams for the future I had when I was young

Hardvapour, mallsoft but mostly everything

I think it was through the whole Dead Internet discussion but then again through lainchan's webring

What do you do for fun?

Write software for lulz, some poetry, study math, hunt and fish, do sports, play chess, pick locks and another million stuff that changes with the weather.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Minusfourty

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
>What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Can't say, as I don't watch a ton of sitcoms, and don't have much of a life yet. I grew up in the suburbs, then moved out to the country, and currently am in the city for college.
>What does Vaporwave mean to you?
It's nostalgic and relaxing, good for ambient music. I'm new to it, so I can't say much outside of that
>What subgenres are you into?
Does dagothwave count?
>How did you find out about this place?
I used to use >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, then moved to ruqqus once r/redditalternatives recommended it. After the wave of mgtow and incel communities flooding the site sunk it, I tried to migrate to 4chan, but found it to be just as toxic as reddit. Found a link to this site in a post about dead internet theory, and started exploring the site from there. I'd appreciate any other forum reccomendations if anyone else knows of other places like this.
>What do you do for fun?
Gaming, youtube, violin, and linux. Sometimes I use 4chan for my forum fix, but even though there's a lot of content most of it's of a poor quality.

Virtual Cafe Awards

_TF

Delusion-maxxing
Reaction score
Awards

I don't watch sitcoms, so idk.

A cool music genre that I got bored of listening over time, but still respect and appreciate.

All of them, i usually like everything as long as it has soul.

A link to the dead internet theory, which grabbed my attention.

What do you do for fun?

Get Better

Virtual Cafe Awards

generator00

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
First of all, props for bringing active forums back. The internet really was a better place to hang out in when we had de-centralized communities like this, rather than just 5 concentrated social media sites.

Second - I am an outsider to the Vaporwave community, but I thought this site was just too interesting and unique that I couldn't help myself. I'll be honest, any time someone talks about "aesthetics" (bonus points if it's spaced like "t h i s") or some genre I never even heard of (webcore, cottagecore, dreamwave, etc.) it is an immediate tell I'm speaking to a Gen Z-er... More often than not, that is. You might as well be speaking Klingon to me.

So then why am I here? I'm a retro computer nerd, simple as that. Windows, Sillicon Graphics, Sun Microsystems, Commodore Amiga, Apple, you name it. I'm also nostalgic for going on message boards and hanging in IRC; and yes, I realize a certain portion of the userbase is probably non-Gen Z as well. But we have a lot in common! I'm happy to be here.

Oh, and I almost forgot...

ALF. Why not?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

flugel

The infatuant
Reaction score
Awards

I wouldn't say cancelled sitcom but if had to pick one it'd be brooklyn 99

artistic

gaming: stealth ,random indie stuff i find on steam, strategy, fantasy, heavily into steampunk stuff

music: heavily into rock and punk, fav band blink 182 and angels and airwaves... oh and sum 41 too

frents

What do you do for fun?

procrastinate

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: _TF

tofuDWU

Nomad
Reaction score
Awards

Don't watch sitcoms so I'm not too sure, but I wanna say Seinfeld or something like that...

What does Vaporwave mean to you? Music that I'll like listening to which ironically criticises capitalism

What subgenres are you most into? Pardon the lack of proper terminology but I enjoy ambient soundscapes or whatever the hell St. Pepsi/Skylar Spence puts out. Esprit 空想 is also great, as is Cat System Corp. In terms of other music I really listen to a lot of things but at the moment I'm listening to a lot of old school rap, Playboi Carti (lmao, right?) and all sorts of rock (old, indie...you name it)

How did you find out about this place? Saw it in a YT video and I was like "damn, this is the place for me"

What do you do for fun? Read and listen to music, play games with friends or go out with friends. Play instruments

Virtual Cafe Awards

Its kind of split somewhere intebetween The Facts Of Life, Arrested Devlopment, and Mary Tyler Moore
Facts of Life because I've recently moved out on my own with my sister, I'm still getting the hang of being an person
Arrested Devlopment because I'm used to my life have moments of peace but that peace and stablity gets YEETED out the window, and my life is turned upside down and been thrown into wack and high stress situtions.
Mary Tyler Moore (my sister suggested this I've never seen the show) but what I can gather from the theme I guess its because despite everything I've been thru I still manage to make it after all

an aesthetic, an genre of music that harks back to a simpler time, or idealize verison of the past, everything is in some range of purple to blue, long car rides, trips to shopping malls, and supermarkets, retro gaming and all things nostglia
Vaporwave, PrismCorp, CityFunk, Lo-if, Bedroom pop, and Dream pop
From the Yesterweb Site and the Yesterweb Discord (Oh yeah bby!)
What do you do for fun?
Vintage Websurfing ( thru the wayback n' stuff) or websurfing on Neocities when I get the chance, Coding my neocities, Learning Japanese, Drawing ,Messing around with stuff in Blender, Vidya Gaming (recently been playing Eastward and Tales of Arise) , Watching the animu, Watching old shows from the 90s and early 00s (Dawson Creek, Melrose's Place, My so-called life, etc), Watching Cartoons, Blogging on my Typepad (currently making a post about the dude who played Billy from Stranger Things, since he's been a fave of mine recently) and Vibin

Virtual Cafe Awards

Richthofen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i havent watched much sitcoms. so i really dunno what to say about this one.

i wasnt connected to the internet like many or most other people here probably were. so its safe to assume i wasnt there either when vaporwave music and culture was at its peak. idk what am i saying even. but vaporwave to me, stands for a sort of music genre. or could also be a sort of visual art style. its aesthetic.

steampunk, vaporwave, deiselpunk, indie etc etc

the dead internet theory thread brought me here lol. found the links on an article.

What do you do for fun?
nothin special

Virtual Cafe Awards

spacemuffin

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
If Everybody Loves Raymond counts as a sitcom...I would say it's the most relatable.

Oh, yes. I love Vaporwave, and when I discovered it, it was an aesthetic that really calmed me down.

I like glitchcore aesthetics and alternative, weirdcore, and cyber stuff. Especially webcore music, too.

y2kid had a link to it on their website and i was like yes.
Funny thing, I felt like I had entered a new world.

What do you do for fun?
I like to draw and listen to music, I also enjoy watching TV and learning.

Virtual Cafe Awards

jokersprofile

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
i honestly dont know how i got here a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk link brought me this way idk what vapor wave is- and i dont like sitcoms--- i really jus tlisten to lil peep lololol and what i do for fun? find random forums i guesss?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
i honestly dont know how i got here a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk link brought me this way idk what vapor wave is- and i dont like sitcoms--- i really jus tlisten to lil peep lololol and what i do for fun? find random forums i guesss?
>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk
You have to go back

Virtual Cafe Awards

silversoul

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Okay here we go;

Not too sure.

Vaporwave is something thats been around me for so long, for me its my childhood and also now. Its critiques of the modern world really appeal to me on maybe a bit of a deeper level then an aeshetic should, but still. It's also so relaxing and calming to me, its an escapists dream.

Probably Faux-Utopian (It's almost a blend of vaporwave and cyberpunk and I love it), however Windows 96 is one of my favourites as of recent and thats pretty opposed, other then that post-internet is good.

Was scrolling through a wiki page trying to find the name of a son and the link was there so I was curious.

What do you do for fun?

Read, listen to music, play games the basic stuff. But languages are also one of my favourite things to learn about / do.

Virtual Cafe Awards

liquidsun

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi there lol wazzup !!! Im a pretty boring guy who soends there spare time either watching anime and/or getting drunk.:kannaSippyn:

Honetly not sure, dont really watch or have watch sitcoms so its hard to say. Ives watched friends and i have friends so there is that

Vaporwave for me is music to clear my head, it reminds me of stars above, dreaming about traveling thru space, memories to cherish and to always move forward in life. Sounds cheesey i know but those are the things that come in mind.

Hmmm i guess its a music question. So right now I have been listeining to lots of the orb (chill/electronica) and random hardcore edm/electronic) but my go to classics would be breakcore, grunge (not just Nirvana!), whatever genre Beach Bunny is in and happy hardcore (cringe, I know)
But for vaporwave, definitely future funk.

I think it was from /hap/ about dead internet.

What do you do for fun?

Drive around and go on dates :D

Virtual Cafe Awards