Frutiger Aero - Aesthetics Highlight #12

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, i want to write something that caught my eye recently, an aesthetic called Frutiger Aero. You guys may start to talk like how simular it looks to Y2K but it's more focused on zen, nature and skeuomorphism. Firstly appeared in mid 00's and lasted until the establishment of Material UI by google and it's found in technology consumer products and architecture. It somehow symbolized the democracy and opportunities of technology back then. I remember how much surrounded was with the aesthetic. Also i liked how great UI Wii U had despite its failure.
41CPGXoKbgL._AC_.jpg

Ffu28UK.png

Windows_7_SP1_screenshot.png

iPhone-ios5-jailbreak.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

wakarimasenlol

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not convinced that this is a real aesthetic. Is windows 11 an example of it? They went hard with the rounded corners and the smooth flowy animations for when windows pop in and out and the gentle blur textures on panels.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not convinced that this is a real aesthetic. Is windows 11 an example of it? They went hard with the rounded corners and the smooth flowy animations for when windows pop in and out and the gentle blur textures on panels.
Yes, it's real. Windows 11 UI is more towards minimalism than skeuomorphism.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
windows 11 is too "flat" and minimalistic to be considered frutiger aero. its lacking that distinct skeuomorphic element of the early 00's, but i will give them credit for the animations, those look perfect.

Virtual Cafe Awards

OrientalGrill

Internet Trainhopper. Seeker of homes.
Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty cool with this design. It has a shininess to it, and reminds me of the days of playing the WII. Everything is so flat and shaderless nowadays.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: eve