TikTok Is A Weapon (Literally)

Everyone already know about how TikTok compromises your information for the Chinese government. So what, right? Google and Facebook already do the same thing for the US government. What difference does it make? A lot, considering that your data being stolen is the least of what TikTok's true intention is.

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and every form of social media that came out of Silicon Valley are digital poisons that infect the psyche by overdosing it on dopamine. This is hardly even contested anymore, being a common mainstream talking point now. But here's the thing, as bad as they are, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc, target everyone equally. I am in no way trying to defend these apps, but I want to stress one detail that makes TikTok even more nefarious. And that's the fact that despite being a Chinese app, it's BANNED in China.

Imagine if all the Silicon Valley social media platforms were banned in the US, but exclusively promoted abroad. Imagine all the press that would get. And yet while not being actively concealed, people seem to care very little about the fact that an app that is essentially cyber opium is banned from it's country of origin. That's not to say that there isn't an equivalent of TikTok that is available in China, it's called Douyin. China is run by an Authoritarian regime, and maintaining a hypnotized, unthinking population is important to maintain control. But where as Douyin is there to spy on and sedate the domestic population, TikTok exists to destroy the minds of non-Chinese users. At least that's the conclusion I've come to.

From the moment you open the app you are instantly barraged with moving images, with your first instinct to either keep watching or to scroll unto the next video. While there is a search button, TikTok does everything in its power to entertain you without requiring its users to even put the mental effort to search out content for themselves. In other words, from the first couple seconds of use, TikTok conditions its users to passively accept what's being given to them, or to scroll on to what's next in the line up (also preselected for you by its algorithm). But the idea of going out and searching for your own content runs contrary to how TikTok runs in its most natural state. By sedating the the user to get accustomed to having all their content selected for them, I don't think it's a huge leap to say that this is a Communist weapon to get people abroad used to the idea of your choices/options being all pre-selected for you. Only it's bundled in this flashy, addictive packaging. It's difficult not to see the parallels between this and the Opium Wars, only now reversed.

The real thesis of my point, is that I'm convinced that TikTok is a tool that is intentionally trying to destroy the minds of younger generations abroad. And specifically by channeling western degeneracy prevalent in Liberal democracies, it is accelerating their collapses. Channeling Neo-Liberalism and its destruction of traditional values as a weapon against itself, all while conditioning/hypnotizing the western users of the app to stop thinking for themselves and to voluntarily destroy their own attention spans. And the real genius of this, is that while China is using a softer version of this weapon on it's own population, it's shielding them from the nihilism spread from social degeneracy in the west. In a reality where 5G is a common thing, China understands the importance of not just extending its sphere of influence militarily and economically, but digitally as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

While there is a search button, TikTok does everything in its power to entertain you without requiring its users to even put the mental effort to search out content for themselves. In other words, from the first couple seconds of use, TikTok conditions its users to passively accept what's being given to them, or to scroll on to what's next in the line up (also preselected for you by its algorithm).
But that is exactly the same as the western social media sites. You think your mom or your nephew do anything to curate their FB/IG feeds? Let's face it, the problem isn't an specific platform but the whole concept of web 2.0. Turning the web into Television II: The Vengeance isn't anything new.

But that is exactly the same as the western social media sites. You think your mom or your nephew do anything to curate their FB/IG feeds? Let's face it, the problem isn't an specific platform but the whole concept of web 2.0. Turning the web into Television II: The Vengeance isn't anything new.
Yeah, and I don't fundamentally disagree with you, but I think your missing my point a bit. Essentially western social media evolved gradually to become as addicting as possible through the motivation of profit. Once their formulas got refined (as they have been for several years now) China took all those findings and refined it in a medium like TikTok. Except instead of being after mere profit, China's goal is to extend their sphere of influence digitally. Something America arguably also achieved with Silicon Valley social media, but what China is also doing is utilizing this weapon while also shielding its content from infecting it's native Chinese population.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Essentially western social media evolved gradually to become as addicting as possible through the motivation of profit
555-come-on-now.png

Lol, again I agree with your skepticism. But it is true, that despite all the collaboration going on between Silicon Valley social media and the US government, they aren't perfectly in synch. And most importantly, the same weaponry the US uses on it's own citizenry and abroad is the same. China compartmentalizes the two. Using it's more potent weapon on foreign enemies, while keeping a softer version maintained for domestic use. For me, that's the most important point and what I'm really trying to drive home.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Lol, again I agree with your skepticism. But it is true, that despite all the collaboration going on between Silicon Valley social media and the US government, they aren't perfectly in synch. And most importantly, the same weaponry the US uses on it's own citizenry and abroad is the same. China compartmentalizes the two. Using it's more potent weapon on foreign enemies, while keeping a softer version maintained for domestic use. For me, that's the most important point
Both China and the US use these tools against their enemies. In USA's case, they perceive their own populace as the biggest threat.

saint6ix

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not only is TikTok a Chinese psyop, its shock value content and algorithm pits men and women against each other. Women get easy validation and Onlyfans subscribers from men that scroll to find endless attractive women. Men eventually complain about this hypergamous behavior online, then fight in the comment section.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
That's why they hosted it in China. They can get away with whatever they want as far as using it as a weapon. It's why past programs and propaganda like NASA were hosted in the USA because the world took NASA at its word because USA had global "authority". The Jesuits aren't dumb when it comes to global control, they have demonic help. No doubt about it.

Not only is TikTok a Chinese psyop, its shock value content and algorithm pits men and women against each other. Women get easy validation and Onlyfans subscribers from men that scroll to find endless attractive women. Men eventually complain about this hypergamous behavior online, then fight in the comment section.
outrage algorithm drives every social media site. It is driven by engagement, not necessarily what you actually enjoy seeing. They all prosper on division. The more disturbing aspect of tiktok imo is that it's 12 year olds being targeted with a Retard Ray(RR)™ instead of (presumably) mentally developed adults.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

The idea of this being a Communist conspiracy is honestly not very convincing. Marxism-Leninism and central planning do not play a large role in life within China. The only two places where that way of living is still (somewhat) relevant are Cuba and North Korea. This isn't some grand conspiracy. Hell, the formula for tiktok was established before its' inception. There was vine in the early 2010s and that was pretty much the same thing. This is just the logical end point of social media. The goal is to get out as much satisfaction in as quick a way as possible and so if attention spans and intelligence have to die, so be it. That's the logic these companies run on. All China is doing is beating silicon valley at its' own game. Turning this into an anti-China issue doesn't really help anyone but the US government. The only reason western governments care about it in the slightest is because it's a direct competitor in the fundamentally corrupt market that is the tech industry (that's if you can even call it a market). Facebook and twitter have been doing many similar things and no one really bats an eye at them. I always find that the anti-China crowd is largely composed of a bunch of neocons who can't see how they got us into this mess in the first place. Wondering how we can still beat China even after we sold all our manufacturing to them. Frankly China doesn't need to actively undermine the west. The west already shot itself in the foot and China is just reaping the benefits. No outside country or group is responsible for the death of the west. The only people responsible for the death of the west are the people running it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea of this being a Communist conspiracy is honestly not very convincing. Marxism-Leninism and central planning do not play a large role in life within China.
What do you call the social credit system? That's just a covert, but totalizing form of control. By utilizing a rewards system tied to addictive apps and complete surveillance it's quite effective. The 1984 system of overt domination proved time and time again to be ineffective, the Brave New World approach of manipulating the enslaved to not even think of their system as a form of slavery is much more effective. And that's the angle China has taken for the past couple decades, all while wielding a large hammer for when overt control is needed. Like with the incredibly totalitarian way they are dealing with Covid right now.

I should add, that my biggest problems with the US is how they too have been steering towards a Brave New World system for decades now. But when it comes two villains fighting each other, there's a reason why I prefer (with plenty of caveats) the US over China for a reason I go over in my next point.

Turning this into an anti-China issue doesn't really help anyone but the US government.
As an American citizen that is currently residing in a foreign country dependent on the American military, that is where my biases lie. I have a lot of problems with America, and I avoid social media for precisely all the reasons listed here. But as the adage goes, "The devil you know, is preferable to the devil you don't know". While the west is shooting itself in the foot, China is helping accelerate that process. And a more powerful China, will be a very bad thing for Hong Hong and Taiwan. And could easily escalate to bad things for other East Asian countries, particularly Japan who they have never quite forgiven for WWII. Information warfare is quite a real thing, and it's moved on to the naval battleground of cyberspace. If you want to know one of the reasons the modern internet is so garbage, it's in no insignificant part because it's become a proxy battle ground. Specifically over who controls the flow of information.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Douyin is just the Chinese name for Tiktok, though the content between them is separated.

I decided to do some digging on the competitor Tiktok swallowed up before the full-on Zoomer cringe assault began. Prepare to lose some faith in humanity:

Musical.ly Inc. was founded by long time friends Alex Zhu and Luyu Yang in Shanghai, China.[7][8] Before launching Musical.ly, Zhu and Yang teamed up to build an education social network app, through which users could both teach and learn different subjects through short-form videos (3–5 minutes long). After having investors fund this venture, it took them about 6 months to build the product. However, once launched, this online self-learning platform did not get enough traction and the content produced was not engaging enough. They were unable to secure further investment, and after losing traction, they shut the service down. Zhu & Yang then began searching for a new business model in the consumer, social, and multimedia space. It led to them focusing on video content again, this time shorter (15s - 60s), which they thought would help keep the content light and playful. They let users select music snippets for their videos, which helped build a very small user base. Eventually the product pivoted to lip sync snippets after noticing a spike in downloads Thursday evenings during Lip Sync Battle.[3] The team's judgment at the time was that long music videos were not very widely popular before, and the fundamental reason was that although people are willing to watch short videos, the supply was small, as there were too few people who were willing to shoot and share. Therefore, Musical.ly's entry point was to introduce a large amount of music, so that everyone can easily integrate music into the video, and a less fun video will become more fun.[8] The first version of Musical.ly was officially launched in August 2014

They wanted to help educate the world, and when that didn't work they designed the ultimate consume-scroll-consume platform.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
They wanted to help educate the world, and when that didn't work they designed the ultimate consume-scroll-consume platform.
See also: the commercial transformation of various cable TV channels in the US. The Discovery and History channels probably come most readily to mind for a lot of folks, but their hard shifts weren't nearly as extreme as those of some other brands:

1. TLC: What started as a project to beam educational content directly into rural Appalachian schools and then morphed into the more-or-less accurately named "The Learning Channel" pretty quickly morphed into the freak show network.
  2. Bravo: initially for high-art content like theater, jazz, and independent film, now it's reality programming for women and gays.
  3. A&E: like Bravo, except now for rurals.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Turning this into an anti-China issue doesn't really help anyone but the US government.
Have you maybe considered that the world is multi polar and that the US government or whatever satanic cabal running it are not the only player in the game? The Chinese, the Russians, Israel and others are all using intelligence agencies to vie for control as much as the US empire. Its not 1 single conspiracy and hating the Chinese for their specific psyops doesn't mean anyone here hates any of the other groups any less.

Virtual Cafe Awards

jdnt

happy 1992!
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not as schizophrenic as some people on this site - I honestly just think its right time and place for China, and the natural progression of social media. China was always on the rise as a new global superpower. Algorithms decide what we see on all platforms these days, and the disease event hasn't helped with social media addiction, including those of children. Most people are wanting to escape the shitty everyday reality they live in. They want to grift online and be Internet famous by doing very little creative work (videos longer than 3 minutes are too much effort). TikTok is just the perfect app for the current zeitgeist. To claim TikTok only targets Western audiences whilst acknowledging Douyin in the same post is a little backwards. Just because social media is unregulated in the Western world doesn't mean its China's fault we're so addicted to it, they're at worst taking advantage of our current technology culture.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know anything, or choose to purposefully stay ignorant of whatever connections there are to social media and China or USA. The only thing I know is that people post the dumbest fucking shit on TikTok. I mean, the only potentially positive thing I can say about TikTok is that it produced some spunk material for me, and that's also arguable.

Virtual Cafe Awards