image.png

Not looking good for my Xbox one S
:JigglyThump:

Virtual Cafe Awards

DruidVibes

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I might try it when I can get it super cheap in a few years. Don't feel like dropping $60 on a game that I don't think I'd have a lot of fun at. I find the people complaining about computers to be funny cause the computer I just replaced could've played this game from the spec requirements. Switched over to a gaming laptop instead of a full setup due to a) graphics card prices and b) ability to bring it with me if I have to travel for work. Gaming laptops are a lot better of an option than they used to be.

Unfortunately the graphics card requirements mean my 1650 is out of commission. I'll have to wait and see if I can get a scalped 40 series card because ofc all the scalpers everywhere and all the bots will be buying up 100s at a time.

Watch nobody do anything about these scalpers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lemonade

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i watched the pewdiepie gameplay, just seems like another dark souls tbh, don't really get the hype.

Virtual Cafe Awards
i watched the pewdiepie gameplay, just seems like another dark souls tbh, don't really get the hype.
It is Dark Souls, but there are a couple things that make it bigly different, imo:

1. Massive open world - do whatever the hell you want, literally. As long as you're good enough to beat the enemies where you want to go, you can go there. I mean it when I say it's fromsoftware Breath of the Wild. Except for difficulty and the climbing mechanic, it's the same game, and that's not a complaint. Also, while it doesn't have a mechanic that offers as much freedom as climbing does in Zelda, it does have these horse launchers that allow you to jump gaps or climb the map. And you basically have the horse from the start.
2. Grace and Stakes (checkpoints and fast travel) - Grace is the exact same thing as shrines in BotW. They are all over the map, and allow you to fast travel, refill health and potions, manage your chest, etc. Stakes are spawn points that are found near difficult fights. If you are within range of a stake when you die, you'll have the choice to respawn there. Which is great, because you drop all your runes (which allow you to level up and purchase goods), and you have to recover them from where you died, and if you die again before you get there, you lose it all.

In other words, ya it's a Souls game, but this one feels like a totally different experience. Still hard as fuck though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I don't believe it. Miyazaki actually made a somewhat enjoyable poison swamp.
Torrent not being affected by status buildup is the best (he might just be the best horse in gaming, period).
It helps that Caelid also looks cool, and isn't just a brown gray and green mess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe it. Miyazaki actually made a somewhat enjoyable poison swamp.
Torrent not being affected by status buildup is the best (he might just be the best horse in gaming, period).
It helps that Caelid also looks cool, and isn't just a brown gray and green mess.
I love Torrent and the horse combat too. Makes it easy to cheese the giants too.

Virtual Cafe Awards
update: game is fucking sick, hit me up for PC summons I have pretty strong group of associates.

luv elden ring
luv torrent
luv greatswords

'ate poison
'ate that pumpkin guy never drops the badass helmet for me
'ate player that kill the sleeping dragon for levels

simple as

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing on Xbox one, I use ultra great sword though I am upset the move set is changed. I used to love catching people with the lift up swing
You've got a lift up swing with one of the Ashes that's pretty good

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I've been playing on Xbox one, I use ultra great sword though I am upset the move set is changed. I used to love catching people with the lift up swing
You've got a lift up swing with one of the Ashes that's pretty good
Yeah, the L2 (idk the exact name of the weapon art lol) is still pretty good. I've yet to have an enemy break through the guard you do before it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
52 hours since friday
pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Haven't had much time to play last couple of days. Just visited the underground for the first time. Not sure if there is more than one type of underground world, but the one I visited is straight up beautiful. Love this game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Haven't had much time to play last couple of days. Just visited the underground for the first time. Not sure if there is more than one type of underground world, but the one I visited is straight up beautiful. Love this game.
I'm assuming you're in Sofria, because the other one isn't as immediately beautiful, but yeah it really is a great area.
The boss might be one of my favorites in the game so far.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I'm assuming you're in Sofria, because the other one isn't as immediately beautiful, but yeah it really is a great area.
The boss might be one of my favorites in the game so far.
Ya, that's it. Not ready for the boss yet. I suck at Souls games. Still enjoy them though.

Virtual Cafe Awards