Soul Hackers 2

Descarte Yee

The 4th musketeer
Reaction score
Awards
Is Soul Hackers 2 on Nintendo Switch?

It's fucking over. Has Fatlus finally shit the bed beyond repair?

Virtual Cafe Awards

eefman

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly dont know what to think about SH2.

On its own, it looks pretty cool, but when I think of "soul hackers 2", this isnt what I imagined it to be.

SH1 was the definition of 90s hacker cyberpunk, which though the earlier mainline games did have some of that cool 90s tech, it was nowhere near the level displayed in SH, which is what made the game special. I would expect a second SH game to continue the 90s hacker aesthetic, but it seems like its gonna go in a completely new direction from the rest of the devil summoner games, with the protag being a V-tuber and her GUMP looking like something from Pixel Gun 3D.
Also, for some reason they've decided to drop the Devil Summoner moniker completely. Now I'd be fine with this, the Devil Summoner series has games in the present (at the time the games were made) and the past, so I'm hyped to see a Devil Summoner 5 that explores modern technology. However, if Atlus is gonna just call it "Soul Hackers 2", then I'm expecting it to be a direct sequel to Soul Hackers, featuring the same Spookies and Amami City as before.

At the end of the day I just hope its a cool game with an actually good story and it isnt just TMS 2.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly dont know what to think about SH2.

On its own, it looks pretty cool, but when I think of "soul hackers 2", this isnt what I imagined it to be.

SH1 was the definition of 90s hacker cyberpunk, which though the earlier mainline games did have some of that cool 90s tech, it was nowhere near the level displayed in SH, which is what made the game special. I would expect a second SH game to continue the 90s hacker aesthetic, but it seems like its gonna go in a completely new direction from the rest of the devil summoner games, with the protag being a V-tuber and her GUMP looking like something from Pixel Gun 3D.
Also, for some reason they've decided to drop the Devil Summoner moniker completely. Now I'd be fine with this, the Devil Summoner series has games in the present (at the time the games were made) and the past, so I'm hyped to see a Devil Summoner 5 that explores modern technology. However, if Atlus is gonna just call it "Soul Hackers 2", then I'm expecting it to be a direct sequel to Soul Hackers, featuring the same Spookies and Amami City as before.

At the end of the day I just hope its a cool game with an actually good story and it isnt just TMS 2.
Look it at the bright side, in 20 years Soul Hackers 2 would be remember as the 20s hacker cyberpunk game.

For my perspective, i was never the kind of person who judge the book by it's cover, i've saw so many cringe stuff before that i ended up liking when i gave the opportunity, and because i never follow internet opinion, i will wait until release and play the game to give my criteria, who knows, perhaps the game is as good as SMT V, i mean, Atlus haven't messed up the franchise before, even the chad jack bros was really cool, so at least for me there is nothing to worry about.
1646038255110.png

Virtual Cafe Awards