Historically these are my least popular opinions
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion is a 6/10 show
2. Artificial maple syrup is better than maple syrup
3. Night showers are better than morning showers

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Human extinction is not inherently a bad thing. Existence is suffering and miserable at the baseline, it only can get better but it is bad by default and can also become worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Nagolbud should of never been banned. He's way more interesting and funny than half of you lame asses.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kriko313

People seem to be actually agreeing with each other in this thread, we need hotter takes, people!
The Internal Revenue Service is based. I like paying taxes. Money corrupts so it's best to give it away!
The federal reserve and fractional reserve banking are cool. Due to inflation, everybody can have more money!
It's necessary for the president to renew the 911 emergency powers every, single year because terrorists could just attack at any given time!
Mainstream politics are important, the news wouldn't talk about them if they weren't. DUH
I love the United Nations, it's a force for good. Not a shell company for weird power interests. In fact, even if the rich and powerful are meeting like a dozen time every year, they can't be up to no good. THey just want to stop global warming, over population and the economic crisis.

Snopes said those, and they wouldn't be called fact checkers if they weren't dealing with facts.

Astrology is a pretty cool thing and an interesting rabbit hole to go down into, although the one size fits all horoscopes only taking your sun sign into account are bullshit. Natal charts and such are much more interesting imo, at least for the symbolic aspect of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
On a fundamental level, everything besides eating, fucking and shitting is a waste of time. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything just for the fun of it, but getting up on this high horse and saying "My thing I enjoy is enlightened and your thing is a waste of time" is pretty laughable when you really think about it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SEVEN

angry little manlet
Reaction score
Awards
On a fundamental level, everything besides eating, fucking and shitting is a waste of time. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything just for the fun of it, but getting up on this high horse and saying "My thing I enjoy is enlightened and your thing is a waste of time" is pretty laughable when you really think about it.
fucking is also a huge waste of time speaking from the same terms you are. if we are excluding the enjoyment of things, then all fucking offers is spreading on your genetic code, which while many want is not inherent to the survival of any individual. funny you think of fucking before water, shelter, or sleep.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
fucking is also a huge waste of time speaking from the same terms you are. if we are excluding the enjoyment of things, then all fucking offers is spreading on your genetic code, which while many want is not inherent to the survival of any individual. funny you think of fucking before water, shelter, or sleep.
Eating, fucking and shitting are just a stand in for the basic things you need to do to keep your body alive and fulfill the inbuilt drive to pass on your DNA like every other animal. I'm not going make a spreadsheet listing every bodily function and basic necessity. I think the good folks at home are capable of lumping drinking in with eating and pissing in with shitting.

And on a more philosophical level, I disagree that spreading your genetic material does not keep you alive. If your genetic material lives on, so do you. Your consciousness dies, but that's just your lived experience, not everything you are.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SEVEN

angry little manlet
Reaction score
Awards
Eating, fucking and shitting are just a stand in for the basic things you need to do to keep your body alive and fulfill the inbuilt drive to pass on your DNA like every other animal. I'm not going make a spreadsheet listing every bodily function and basic necessity. I think the good folks at home are capable of lumping drinking in with eating and pissing in with shitting.

And on a more philosophical level, I disagree that spreading your genetic material does not keep you alive. If your genetic material lives on, so do you. Your consciousness dies, but that's just your lived experience, not everything you are.
interesting but not very substantiated by anything. philosophically, you could argue that without these other things in your life outside of the core basic needs, you have no life at all. philisophy has very little room in this conversation, however, because you were the one attempting to focus on the core basic survival tenants. so I stand to reason that your entire point is flawed.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
interesting but not very substantiated by anything.
This is not a new or radical idea lol

philisophy has very little room in this conversation, however, because you were the one attempting to focus on the core basic survival tenants
If I am making a list of basic survival tenants and I think having children ensures some form of survival after your death and it is inevitable that your body will wear out and cease to function at some point, logically I would have to list having children a core basic survival tenant, would I not?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SEVEN

angry little manlet
Reaction score
Awards
If I am making a list of basic survival tenants and I think having children ensures some form of survival after your death and it is inevitable that your body will wear out and cease to function at some point, logically I would have to list having children a core basic survival tenant, would I not?
No, because only philosophically speaking, do you get to live on through your children. And that is only if your soecific philosophy is already predisposed to agreeing with that sentiment. Logically speaking, you will die regardless if you have offspring or not.

Given your line of reasoning, people who have no children never lived, and those that have children are immortal. Seems overly romanticized and super homo.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
No, because only philosophically speaking, do you get to live on through your children. And that is only if your soecific philosophy is already predisposed to agreeing with that sentiment. Logically speaking, you will die regardless if you have offspring or not.

Given your line of reasoning, people who have no children never lived, and those that have children are immortal. Seems overly romanticized and super homo.
We're getting so far from the point of my original post now it's getting a bit retarded tbh.

My unpopular opinion is all hobbies are equally pointless and so you shouldn't look down on what other people do for fun. That's it.

The first part of the post is not the important part. Insert whatever you think is necessary for survival. It does not change the meaning of the unpopular opinion and does not particularly matter in this context.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
  1. Blocking people online is way better than simply ignoring them.
  2. In particular, blocking people who have views that disturb you is better than telling them they're wrong.
  3. One's personality is the only zero-sum game in the whole society that nobody can avoid; all other zero-sum games can be replaced with positive-sum games.
  4. Using rigid categories only works in theories which do not include human beings or include them very inaccurately.
  5. There is no art that has been made for no purpose.
  6. Non-deterministic theories work just because the deterministic approach is too heavy for our limited brains, otherwise such theories would have never been adopted.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
People seem to be actually agreeing with each other in this thread, we need hotter takes, people!
U-uh... uuumm... hot... hotter takes? Uh... um.... Kolph!

Virtual Cafe Awards