What are some good Nintendo Switch games?

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
SSBU though i cant recommend playing it online

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Sonic Mania is fucking lit, btw

however if you aren't an old school sonic fan, the references (there are many), might go over your head. not sure how much enjoyment you'd get without those
The gameplay still holds up even if you're not too deep into Sonic. My work friend never played a sonic game before and Mania made him a fan

Virtual Cafe Awards

MidnightVisions

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I heard that Octopath Traveler is really good, didn't played myself but you might check it out
It has a pretty good combat system, gorgeous animation and effects and a great job system. If not for the pretty lackluster storyline, it would be amazing. The game is supposedly about eight different stories and how they intertwine, except... they don't. At all. They're completely separate short stories that become very repetitive once you understand that they all follow the same structure, and after finishing a few, continuing feels like a chore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have to recommend games i played which some of them aren't for everyone.
* Kirby Star Allies. It looks formulaic to some people but every kirby game has unique gameplay, theme. This one felt generic outside of that friending with enemy gimmick and it was easy. 7/10
* Xenoblade 9/10
* Spiritfarer 9/10
* Hypnospace Outlaw. 9/10
* Crossniq+. Many people haven't heard of this game but it's one of the first Y2K aesthetic esque indies games. If it wasn't for the lackluster gameplay and story and ugly illustrations, it could be amazing. Good soundtrack, addicting gameplay. 6/10
* Zelda BOTW 8/10. (Sorry for lowering the score, Amazing game but the only issues i had were the lack of enemies and bosses that aren't reskinned ganons. I think it's a tech demo showcasing the possibilities of following Zelda games).
* Gorogoa. The abstract art style won me but the asking price is too much for that kind of game (15 euro for an 1-2 hour artsy game). I feel it the art game genre could be better suited for digital art style events rather than console game 8/10
* MYST. A must. I wish the rest of games get remastered because the controls are outdated by today's standards. I can't enjoy the rest of MYST series. 9/10
* Bayonetta 1&2. Great story, cutscenes and action 9/10
* Lichtspeer. Good game but it gets reperetive after a while. Basically Hans throwing spears to hoards of enemies. 7/10

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
DON'T PLAY BALAN WONDERWORLD. THE CUTSCENES FOUL YOU, THE ACTUAL GAME IS AWFUL. BAD GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, THE SCENES AFTER YOU BEAT THE BOSS ARE POINTLESS AND DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME EVEN THE SONGS ARE REPETIVE. A good character and of course good cutscenes wasted to that garbage.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Don't dismiss the switch just because of meme. There's nothing wrong with the console. Mine gets a decent amount of playtime.
I'm ADD as fuck so I like being able to watch something on the TV while also playing handheld.

It's mostly become the machine I play indie games on.
I put the ones I want to play on the wishlist and wait for them to go on sale, most of them seem to have a crazy deal eventually.

As for big games to play on there:
The obvious choices, Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild are both absolutely worth your time.
And if you're into Mario Kart or Smash, the current versions of those are both good.
If you like the old 2d Mario platformers you've got to play Mario Maker 2.

Monster Hunter Rise is great, especially if you're looking to get into MH for the first time.
(But try the demo first, Monster Hunter games are not everyone's cup of tea.)

If you don't already have it on something else. Tony Hawk's Pro-skater 1&2 remake is on switch now and it's great.

---

edit: Highlighted the games in case you just wanted a list without reading my rambling.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
DON'T PLAY BALAN WONDERWORLD. THE CUTSCENES FOUL YOU, THE ACTUAL GAME IS AWFUL. BAD GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, THE SCENES AFTER YOU BEAT THE BOSS ARE POINTLESS AND DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME EVEN THE SONGS ARE REPETIVE. A good character and of course good cutscenes wasted to that garbage.

Haha, oh man. This game is hilariously bad and weird as fuck.

View: https://youtu.be/aX5rs0jjkw8

Virtual Cafe Awards

hyprstorm

devils advocate
Reaction score
Awards
two of my favorites:

One Strike- a fast-paced, two button game where mind games and quick reflexes are the only way to win. a unique take on the fighting game genre with cool pixel art and catchy music. Also like $1 on the store.

Ace Attorney Trilogy- a visual novel game where you solve cases split into two parts; a detective section where you investigate the scene and question witnesses and people related to the crime, and a courtroom section where you battle for the freedom of your defendant (and usually reveal the real killer along the way). The storylines and characters are entertaining, and the music (All three games have amazing soundtracks) during the courtroom battles only further increase the hype as you press a witness until they break.

i feel like a game journalist now :agcrybl:

Virtual Cafe Awards