What is the weirdest game you have ever heard of

AmanWithAPlan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
so i found this game on steam called Clarence goes to the fucking store and it's a pretty out there game so im just wondering what other peoples experiences are with odd games

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Terrifying 911
Terrifying911-1.jpg

This is a bootleg originating from Taiwan in the early 2000's. Although it is a port of Neo-Geo's Metal Slug, what makes this stand out is the amount of effort they put into making one of the most tasteless FMV opening cutscenes in gaming history, on a Gameboy Color no less. It's honestly impressive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7Vlk2r-eo

The NTSC-J PlayStation 1 library is also a gold mine for bizzare releases

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Probably magicduel.com. Played it some 10 odd years ago, and apparently its still running. In restrospective its probably the most middle-age syndrome, pseudo esoteric thing I've ever seen. There's some text in the main page that says "Our purpose is not to give you an alternate world to escape your real one, its not to give you a casual game to relax, but to educate your mind in a way that is not normally possible. This "game" is highly addictive and might change you forever. Do not just play it ... learn from it ... because "it" learned from you.", so that should give you an impression about the LARPS that go beyond the space of the game.

In the end, the game is all about roleplaying with other players in a very intricate fantasy world, pushing the narrative of the game forwards. You play it via solving puzzles in a point and click map and having duels in a deck-building auto-battle fashion. The thing is actually pretty fun, or it would be it had not a bunch of locked content behind a very tedious leveling system, and having most areas be locked behind super esoteric puzzles, some of which you need to be a very active roleplayer to access.

The creator of the game, Mur, also wrote a book called "Mastering the void", which he calls "Research notes of a Heretic about the delicate mechanics of the universe." which as far as I understand refers to the magic system in the lore of the game. However all points that he believes in them IRL and the game is a way to teach people about these principles.

He's also romanian.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Mist Demodisk

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Funny Pizza Land comes to mind. I'm unsure if I could write a description that would do it justice.
sc7fmv.jpg

Worlds.com too, but I'd barely call it a game. It's like Second Life years before Second Life became a thing; an online experience that's like a bunch of interconnected 3D chatrooms. It's still up and running, and the current userbase is mostly a small community of people who have fun creeping out curious new users. Their behaviour has started rumors of the platform being a hangout for freemasons, cult members, the illuminati, etc. but it's all just for fun(?). If you enjoy exploring weird forgotten recesses of the net it's worth a look.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
hellMOO
2709643-8346176852-logo.jpg

and juice world

501833982bb646576c950c228b1db844dfa644cd.gifv

1266a1a9c2a5a3af6bb252d89168cdfb3170d9b9.gifv

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Oh shit I know that one! Never played it, but lurking player guides I remember that the way to optimize training stats in the gym was a hilarious mess. You had to become a pissing, shitting mess IVed to electrolytes squatting yourself to death or something like that, wasn't it?

Virtual Cafe Awards

AmanWithAPlan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Funny Pizza Land comes to mind. I'm unsure if I could write a description that would do it justice.
View attachment 23658

Worlds.com too, but I'd barely call it a game. It's like Second Life years before Second Life became a thing; an online experience that's like a bunch of interconnected 3D chatrooms. It's still up and running, and the current userbase is mostly a small community of people who have fun creeping out curious new users. Their behaviour has started rumors of the platform being a hangout for freemasons, cult members, the illuminati, etc. but it's all just for fun(?). If you enjoy exploring weird forgotten recesses of the net it's worth a look.
Honestly Worlds.com sounds like G-MOD

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Oh shit I know that one! Never played it, but lurking player guides I remember that the way to optimize training stats in the gym was a hilarious mess. You had to become a pissing, shitting mess IVed to electrolytes squatting yourself to death or something like that, wasn't it?
yeah it was absurd. early game you also run around killing orphans and drag their bodies into a machine that turns them into meat cubes because that's the cheapest form of food in the early game. You can also just rape and piss on every mob and other player if your character is strong enough.
I never managed to get past the early game because it's still a grindy MMO at its core but the first quest in the basement of the orphanage was actually well designed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LincolnJames

Aspiring tiger rider
Reaction score
Awards
Boston Marathon 2013: Terror on the Streets. There's a torrent I found on one of the alt chans of a bunch of the most horrid games.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Doom mods. Just in general.
You could fill a whole thread with just those.
For example:
Tim Allen Doom (AEUHHH????)
MOON aka Moonman Doom (NSFW, it's essentially /pol/ the videogame)
And even Chex Quest a professionally made and "commercially" released Doom Mod distributed in boxes of Chex cereal back in the 90's.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
I still attest that the best thing about that game is the wiki.
Btw it's still online, so if you ever want to get back into it you still can.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Ghost9Solid

And for that matter, Ghost9, Ghost91, Ghost92, Ghost93, Ghost94, Hack9 and Hacker9
Some gameplay of Hack9

It really really surprises me it's so unknown because aesthetically it's very Cave Story. Gameplay it's a mixture of Fez, Cave Story and Metal Gear Solid and it's just generally both cute and really cool looking. Shame about the lack of english translations for most of them(Hack9 and Hacker9 have English Translations on itch.io here https://wahiko.itch.io/hacker9 and here https://wahiko.itch.io/hack9)

P.S. If anyone knows of any English Translations for the non-hack9 games let me know, I'd really like to play them AND understand what things are

Virtual Cafe Awards