Tell me the truth

AnonGoonWiz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Is this just a place where zoomers bask in a faux-nostalgic and completely bastardised version of the (internet) past?

I found this place after searching for more info on the dead internet theory after I saw it on SA forums (and subsequently the fucking Atlantic quoted a post from that thread because the state of journalism isn't dire enough), and because the internet and wider culture seems to have stopped dead in it's tracks and started looping the same shit over and over. Reading through a few select threads it seemed like there's some 30+ old folks here but looking at the introductions thread...there's a lot of "I was born yesterday but love the nostalgia of vaporwave".

I realise vaporwave is the main draw here but tell me if I've come to the wrong site because MAN the internet is so shit now with zoomers who continually regurgitate the same tired variations of wojak and pepe and chasing views by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I think the majority of consistent posters are millennials with some early zoomers/zillenials (who are heavily from the third world, which is basically like being from the early 2000s anyway)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I think the majority of consistent posters are millennials with some early zoomers/zillenials (who are heavily from the third world, which is basically like being from the early 2000s anyway)
Third world 2002 zoomer here. PepSiDawgwitcan :frstlean:

Virtual Cafe Awards

AnonGoonWiz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Does that still hold true? Smartphones and always-online-anywhere internet changed things so I'd assume the insanity that pours from the internet now fills the heads of almost everyone anywhere.

I'm gonna go to bed. I look forward to the replies.

basically yeah.
can we interest you in some schizo posting?
He missed the Naglobud arc though, that will remain peak Agora schizo for a while

Virtual Cafe Awards
First world 1999 cusper here.
This forum is on paper a vaporwave forum, but... it's hardly about vaporwave in practice. It's where us people who are sick of that very insanity of the mainstream web go take shelter. There is a couple of wacky people like in every place, but otherwise, most of us are chill.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Altghost

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Is this just a place where zoomers bask in a faux-nostalgic and completely bastardised version of the (internet) past?
[....]
I realise vaporwave is the main draw here but tell me if I've come to the wrong site because MAN the internet is so shit now with zoomers who continually regurgitate the same tired variations of wojak and pepe and chasing views by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I'm a millennial from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, who has no other 'home' on the internet :)

The main draw for me is seeing the same names & avatars (unlike massive discord servers & >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk), being able to use a chatroom that's small and yet still pretty active. To some extent a site like this is what you make of it. If more people interact, it has a chance to become a community.

I also like that there's no "transphobia" warnings. Freedom of speech, baybee

AnonGoonWiz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
the majority of people here hate the mainstream web.
That is a nice thing but I don't want it to turn out to be a >le wrong generation thing. There are some things I like to talk about but I don't know if zoomers have context for it.

I'm a millennial from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, who has no other 'home' on the internet :)
I've been wandering the internet since all the old internet millennial haunts have either gone kaput or changed administration for the worse (or they just died). Hopefully this place doesn't go the same way. Still early days for me here.

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
Does that still hold true? Smartphones and always-online-anywhere internet changed things so I'd assume the insanity that pours from the internet now fills the heads of almost everyone anywhere.
I'd say in my country it was pretty much the past compared to the US. I remember computer class was just playing DOS math games and I first got internet access in 2007-2008, spending 5-6 years on windows XP after migrating from 98.

As for the zoomer/millennial situation I'd say it doesn't matter. It's a very US centric view of generations and thinking in those divisive terms just forces people into their little stereotypical boxes which affects how you think and act. I'm not a boomer, i'm not a zoomer, I'm not a millennial. I'm just who I am. and I definitely am against the mainstream web, having lived all my life among old table based layouts, skeuomorphic user interfaces and old-school forums. From what I've seen other members are similar in opinion and that's the basis of the forum's culture.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Well, I'm not a zoomer here for faux nostalgia. I'm here for real nostalgia of old tech that I lived through and experienced, plus I've went from knowing 0% about Vaporwave to being able to list and recognize subgenres and have artist recommendations for people I know irl.

I wouldn't say that I'm a pillar of the community or anything, but I've been around a fair while now and while there are, of course, the odd zoomer with baby-normie brain, I'd say I've had a pleasant time interacting with everyone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Don't listen to any of the above posters. This place is just a glowie honey pot. Ever since I joined I've been consistently gang stalked. That being said, the feds here are quite nice for what it's worth.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Virtual Cafe Awards