Post links to old abandoned forums and websites

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Was just browsing around and found this old Irish forum called Boards.ie, its just an amazing time capsule of how people thought and talked with each other. Look at this thread here, it was during 9/11 when the twin towers fell

Post some cool discussions on old and dead forums

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I have a small list of website fossils I collected, hadn't checked them in a while but I did for this thread and I realized a lot of older websites have been updated really recently, which is strange. The Klingon Language Institute now has a modern website, the SpaceJam site has been modernized, so has the website for the movie You've Got Mail, and many others. These still looked like '90s sites in the later 2010s, I wonder why they got modernized recently.

Here's some specific ones I have that are still dated, and here's a website that collects still-active vintage websites

This is the website for the Heaven's Gate cult, which continued to be a cult even after the mass suicide apparently?

This is CNN's website on OJ Simpson's trial that was put up while it was happening

The San Francisco FogCam is a webcam that has been active since 1994

Bob Dole/Jack Kemp still have a presidential campaign website from 1996 up and untouched

This is from when Microsoft started making users install Internet Explorer in 1998, it's a hate site

Website about poptarts creating toaster fires

Netscape's webpage from 1994

Washington Post's 1996 year in review

Zombo has gotten kinda popular over the years and it's from 1999

extremely salty webpage from 1986

This is a Jurassic Park: The Lost World website, that exists as a viral marketing campaign for the fictional company INGEN

Graphics softwate promo site from 1997

This is an internet search engine from 1993

Retro anti-McDonald's website

Taco-themed website for technical advisors

Goofy personal website from 1994

Satom1

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Was just browsing around and found this old Irish forum called Boards.ie, its just an amazing time capsule of how people thought and talked with each other. Look at this thread here, it was during 9/11 when the twin towers fell

Idk if this is a cool website, but here is my contribution http://salmonofcapistrano.com/

Virtual Cafe Awards

Satom1

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I had found an ashtar sheran old website, but I forgot it's name...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Here's an old marathon site, the forums go back to 1995. I never realized how much the average discourse of the net has degraded until I read these old forums.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
古いウェブサイトやフォーラムに関するスレッドは、これらの古い使用ネットボードのアーカイブを投稿せずに通過することはできませんでした。私は若い頃にこれらに投稿したことを思い出しました。今日、それらの多くは閉鎖されています。使用ネットボードを頻繁に閲覧したことがない場合は、何を見逃しているのかわかりません。

見てみな

Virtual Cafe Awards
Unfortunately I don't have the time for an effort post/description for all of these sites but here are a few:

My personal favorite:

Think most of Agora will enjoy this one:

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
Here's an old marathon site, the forums go back to 1995. I never realized how much the average discourse of the net has degraded until I read these old forums.

wow, there are even some users still active !

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
dontlinkthis - shut down in 2021 but looking through the old posts is pretty comfy. Also no one is the boss of me, for I linked this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It is an old anime cel site, that is somehow still online. It even has a an older style web forum for talking about anime cels. I am really nostalgic there for two things. First the use of "^_^" style emotes and the fact that many emails handles were just nicknames.

As an interesting note, a gallery was last updated in 2020 with some photos from Switzerland.

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Before Agora, this is where I spent most of my time as a teen in the early 2000's. The main page hasn't changed but the forum looks like it was replaced by a pre-made one. It used to have like warez and so much stuff. They still have the 9/11 tribute at the bottom.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Before Agora, this is where I spent most of my time as a teen in the early 2000's. The main page hasn't changed but the forum looks like it was replaced by a pre-made one. It used to have like warez and so much stuff. They still have the 9/11 tribute at the bottom.
>open email address
>publicly available IM address
I miss those. Nowadays it's practically impossible to reach a ton of people online.

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
>open email address
>publicly available IM address
I miss those. Nowadays it's practically impossible to reach a ton of people online.
Yeah that's true, no one was terrified of each other like now.
Unfortunately warezslutz.com no longer exists, I think that's where I used to get macromedia flash/photoshop for free lol :oops:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah that's true, no one was terrified of each other like now.
Unfortunately warezslutz.com no longer exists, I think that's where I used to get macromedia flash/photoshop for free lol :oops:
Many good old sites are down for good. It's a shame. As for everybody being so secretive, I will blame the spambots that nuked your email address if it was out in the open.