Gods ego death was predicted in all three holy books

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
By three holy books I mean the Quran , Talmud and Bible. In all the stories of creation and "God" we seem to be made by gods "image". Gods image which is one of the core competencies of the "Gods ego death theory" Or at least that is what comes to mind.

I remember seeing this on an /x/ conspiracy ice berg. This is entirely my take on it, but I was tripping on acid when I was thinking about it and I came up with about two explanations: This "God" is the Abrahamic god in particular, and the reason it seemingly undergoes a change in character from the OT to the NT is that it had an ego death.I remember also seeing another user describe god as being thrown into deep deppression because of immortality and knowing there was an only way of laying dormant was to expand himself destroying his ego and creating the universe. Any Ideas?

Virtual Cafe Awards
By three holy books I mean the Quran , Talmud and Bible. In all the stories of creation and "God" we seem to be made by gods "image". Gods image which is one of the core competencies of the "Gods ego death theory" Or at least that is what comes to mind.

I remember seeing this on an /x/ conspiracy ice berg. This is entirely my take on it, but I was tripping on acid when I was thinking about it and I came up with about two explanations: This "God" is the Abrahamic god in particular, and the reason it seemingly undergoes a change in character from the OT to the NT is that it had an ego death.I remember also seeing another user describe god as being thrown into deep deppression because of immortality and knowing there was an only way of laying dormant was to expand himself destroying his ego and creating the universe. Any Ideas?
You might be interested in Jung's Answer to Job, OP.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
In all the stories of creation and "God" we seem to be made by gods "image"
Islam does not say that creation is made in God's image. In fact it rejects any connection to the bible and the OT stating that both were warped over time from their original versions.
This "God" is the Abrahamic god in particular,
The concept of "Abrahamic" religion is a colonial psyop created to subvert middle eastern believers of all 3 faiths into becoming compliant with western liberal tolerance principals. It then expanded to being used to water down any conversation regarding religious differences across the world whenever its convenient for the ruling class. Note how everyone is "Abrahamic" as soon as Christians go off on Jews for rejecting Christ or Muslims present any sort of resistance to assimilation.
the reason it seemingly undergoes a change in character from the OT to the NT is that it had an ego death.
This is because both the OT and the NT were warped over time. They're written by different human beings and not God.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com

God doesn't undergo a change between the Old and New Testaments (and in fact this would go against The Bible's teachings that God and His Word are unchanging). It might seem that way for a few reasons, such as the Old Testament illustrating how quickly and deeply early humans were corrupted and cleansed, and the New Testament which explains that Jesus is essentially installed by God to take over matters between the choirs of Angels and matters on Earth. Jesus is the lens through which we come to know and follow God today

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Islam does not say that creation is made in God's image. In fact it rejects any connection to the bible and the OT stating that both were warped over time from their original versions.

The concept of "Abrahamic" religion is a colonial psyop created to subvert middle eastern believers of all 3 faiths into becoming compliant with western liberal tolerance principals. It then expanded to being used to water down any conversation regarding religious differences across the world whenever its convenient for the ruling class. Note how everyone is "Abrahamic" as soon as Christians go off on Jews for rejecting Christ or Muslims present any sort of resistance to assimilation.

This is because both the OT and the NT were warped over time. They're written by different human beings and not God.
thanks man , was quite confused (actually forgot about this post lol ) but you explained it clearely and well. If you actually read between the lines of the quran some of it entails that we are made with gods image. The thing is the fact that in islam we were made of soil and had god "breathe" our souls into us but ofcourse this post was jst a speculation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
where? what change?
the second paragraph was a qoute from an anonymous user but i have seen it not just in the testament in christianity but in countless other ways including how god decides to assign multiple people who most of them seem unworthy for some of their actions ...idk tho just a speculation

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
If you actually read between the lines of the quran some of it entails that we are made with gods image. The thing is the fact that in islam we were made of soil and had god "breathe" our souls into us but ofcourse this post was jst a speculation.
The Islamic view of god is entirely opposed to anthropomorphism though so its hard to argue that there even is a "God's image" in the religion like in Christianity. Any mention of "our soul" being used in the creation of human beings is simply a possessive in Arabic and doesn't imply that the original soul, whatever its nature is, is a part of God, just that God owns it. Its like saying "my phone", its not a part of me. In Arabic literary terms, using the possessive certainly glorifies the soul, showing that its special because God claims it but that's as far as it goes. On the contrary, there are many areas in the Quran and the hadith that explicitly state that God is unlike any other entity and shouldn't be compared. Even the word "breathe" is a tenuous translation because the verb means "blow" or "inflate" so its not exactly accurate.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
the second paragraph was a qoute from an anonymous user but i have seen it not just in the testament in christianity but in countless other ways including how god decides to assign multiple people who most of them seem unworthy for some of their actions ...idk tho just a speculation
Do you happen to know which passages or what this might be referring to?

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Do you happen to know which passages or what this might be referring to?
not really , sadly I dont really know if it is in the bible but I do see it in a way in the quran (as an ex muslim) It shows how god was having a degrading qaulity of choosing who would be good in leading the people, but thats all I know

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz

Neitzche expounds on this in "Also Sprache Zarathustra", stating that in his younger days Jehovah was bitter, ill-tempered, jealous, and warlike, destroying the other gods who he saw as his competition, or where that failed at least disbanding their cults and reducing them to the level of mere folk tales. But as he grew older he became softer and increasingly senile, in part due to the direct influence of Christ's ascetic preachings.

This became especially pronounced after the 30 Years War, where the protestant countries (all of them germanic, something I find significant) and the catholic countries refused to fight any further and signed the Treaty of Westphalia. The Pope, angered by this, demanded that the Catholic kings keep fighting to bring the Protestants again under his command, and the Catholic Kings simply ignored him. Thus Papal Authority was demolished and Christianity would not spread by war any further, at least not in the way it used to. The fear and hatred of "Witches" and "Heretics" faded, replaced by the far weaker notion of the "brotherhood of all men" - one more fitting for the new era. Wars would not be fought over religion anymore - now Christianity could spread only in the wake of wars waged for different causes and means, by the colonial european empires striving ever to outdo each other.

And so it was that Christianity began, increasingly, to cease being taken seriously. Zarathustra thence states "GOD IS DEAD! Of his pity for man he has died!"

This is effectively Jehovah's "ego death". His entire schtick is based on him being the only god that should be acknowledged or worshipped.

Before Christ, this was achieved through careful manipulation and curses to keep the jews in line, as we see in the story of Jeroboam, who preached that all the semitic gods who lifted them out from slavery in Egypt should be acknowledge, not just Jehovah, and was struck down for it, and in Nebuchadnezzar II's conquest of Israel, where, after placing statues to the other semitic gods (baal, moloch, etc.) in the Temple of Solomon, the foremost rabbis came together and decreed that no god except Jehovah existed at all - forming the predecessors to the later Pharisees.

After Christ, this was achieved through the notion of "being saved". Man is a weak, sinful, and shameful beast, but all is forgiven in Christ - all that needs to be done is to convert and acknowledge him and his Father as the one and only god, and Man's lord and savior. But those who deny God will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Zarathustra thence states "More like SAVED ones [the followers of Christ] should have to appear to me!" And I think people are increasingly agreeing with this. It is easy now to compare the lives of those who are still fanatical towards Jehovah with the lives of those who aren't, and for many people, the problems that dog them from day to day still exist within the communities of the faithful, in fact they are sometimes even worse. What, exactly, have the faithful been "saved" from? Only the lake of fire, and increasingly people are denying that too, not only because of greater scientific understanding, but also theologic and philisophical understanding - it is easy to compare Abrahamic religions with other religions now, and the notion of an "all-loving" god who consigns to an eternity of torment anyone who will not bow down to or "accept" him is increasingly becoming distasteful, especially with all forms of authoritarianism being decried more and more.

Zarathustra says "God is dead, but as of yet no new god has come to replace him". In other words, the old trappings of Christianity, the ego inherent to Jehovah, have become unsuitable for the modern world, but the religion(s), god(s) and philosophies which will come to replace it have not yet been born, leading to an awkward in-between state of nihilism where everything seems aimless.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Neitzche expounds on this in "Also Sprache Zarathustra", stating that in his younger days Jehovah was bitter, ill-tempered, jealous, and warlike, destroying the other gods who he saw as his competition, or where that failed at least disbanding their cults and reducing them to the level of mere folk tales. But as he grew older he became softer and increasingly senile, in part due to the direct influence of Christ's ascetic preachings.

This became especially pronounced after the 30 Years War, where the protestant countries (all of them germanic, something I find significant) and the catholic countries refused to fight any further and signed the Treaty of Westphalia. The Pope, angered by this, demanded that the Catholic kings keep fighting to bring the Protestants again under his command, and the Catholic Kings simply ignored him. Thus Papal Authority was demolished and Christianity would not spread by war any further, at least not in the way it used to. The fear and hatred of "Witches" and "Heretics" faded, replaced by the far weaker notion of the "brotherhood of all men" - one more fitting for the new era. Wars would not be fought over religion anymore - now Christianity could spread only in the wake of wars waged for different causes and means, by the colonial european empires striving ever to outdo each other.

And so it was that Christianity began, increasingly, to cease being taken seriously. Zarathustra thence states "GOD IS DEAD! Of his pity for man he has died!"

This is effectively Jehovah's "ego death". His entire schtick is based on him being the only god that should be acknowledged or worshipped.

Before Christ, this was achieved through careful manipulation and curses to keep the jews in line, as we see in the story of Jeroboam, who preached that all the semitic gods who lifted them out from slavery in Egypt should be acknowledge, not just Jehovah, and was struck down for it, and in Nebuchadnezzar II's conquest of Israel, where, after placing statues to the other semitic gods (baal, moloch, etc.) in the Temple of Solomon, the foremost rabbis came together and decreed that no god except Jehovah existed at all - forming the predecessors to the later Pharisees.

After Christ, this was achieved through the notion of "being saved". Man is a weak, sinful, and shameful beast, but all is forgiven in Christ - all that needs to be done is to convert and acknowledge him and his Father as the one and only god, and Man's lord and savior. But those who deny God will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Zarathustra thence states "More like SAVED ones [the followers of Christ] should have to appear to me!" And I think people are increasingly agreeing with this. It is easy now to compare the lives of those who are still fanatical towards Jehovah with the lives of those who aren't, and for many people, the problems that dog them from day to day still exist within the communities of the faithful, in fact they are sometimes even worse. What, exactly, have the faithful been "saved" from? Only the lake of fire, and increasingly people are denying that too, not only because of greater scientific understanding, but also theologic and philisophical understanding - it is easy to compare Abrahamic religions with other religions now, and the notion of an "all-loving" god who consigns to an eternity of torment anyone who will not bow down to or "accept" him is increasingly becoming distasteful, especially with all forms of authoritarianism being decried more and more.

Zarathustra says "God is dead, but as of yet no new god has come to replace him". In other words, the old trappings of Christianity, the ego inherent to Jehovah, have become unsuitable for the modern world, but the religion(s), god(s) and philosophies which will come to replace it have not yet been born, leading to an awkward in-between state of nihilism where everything seems aimless.
Someone put Le thoughts into words. Good job man I want able to express it well but you did a great job

Virtual Cafe Awards

Helios

<3
Reaction score
Awards
Website
forum.agoraroad.com
the real reason why they're different is because they're different. your OT was created by sofia for the sake of creation (pandora moment) of whom was created a creation of monad the NT god. the OT god thinks their the real shit but they're disillusioned. this is why the angels rebelled against him they knew he wasnt hot shit, the OT god created this earth to trap us, and the angels this is why he does nothing about death and all the of our earth. jesus was created by sofia who was led by monad, and jesus made the mistake of promoting the divine realm as opposed to the OT's material realm so OT god had him crusified. long story short, remove your skin and destroy your earthly body to please monad.

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
the real reason why they're different is because they're different. your OT was created by sofia for the sake of creation (pandora moment) of whom was created a creation of monad the NT god. the OT god thinks their the real shit but they're disillusioned. this is why the angels rebelled against him they knew he wasnt hot shit, the OT god created this earth to trap us, and the angels this is why he does nothing about death and all the of our earth. jesus was created by sofia who was led by monad, and jesus made the mistake of promoting the divine realm as opposed to the OT's material realm so OT god had him crusified. long story short, remove your skin and destroy your earthly body to please monad.
Suicide as a mission lol. But great explanation.

Virtual Cafe Awards