what is ur fave vaporwave subgenre? and what album made it your favourite

FAILSAF_12

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I apologize if this exact thread has been made before, because I feel like it definitely has lol.

I am curious to hear what ur fave form of vaporwave is, I especially would like to hear what you started with, and how your liking of the genre evolved into what you like now. personally I first got hold of the overall broad aesthetic with floral shoppe as it was shoved down my throat by YouTube recommendations, then I got really into Haircuts For Men and that whole sort of jazzy aesthetic, which I still love, cuz HFM is goated beyond measure. lately I have been really into ambient albums, things like rainforest hill by Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza (RIP), some of the music by desert sand feels warm at night, and other misc epic albums I find on YouTube. here's one in particular I found the other day is absolutely amazing:
View: https://youtu.be/V-b_qiySxJM?list=LL

its not exactly ambient like the others I listed but just a pretty rad album.

anyways, let me know what your vaporwave journey has been like, and let me know what cool albums I should check out!

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Vaportrap
I had never heard of it before these two releases

Dismiss yourself is a gift from god
I used to watch that channel obsessively for good music. Nowadays I am kind of too busy to be looking for music, so for the most part I've been listening to stuff I already know.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Future Funk.
No album in particular, I enjoy listening to random mixes on YouTube. This one was the first I listened to, and drew me in.

View: https://youtu.be/EufqmZaQOJY

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: UCD

Exqdia

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I recently got into the monodrome & macroblank style (a bit like Haircuts for men). I don't know how it's called but it's damn cool and relaxing.
That album is for me one of the best I've ever listened to:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_GlBzkim0

It almost makes you feel like you're falling into the void and slowly fading away from that shitty reality.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Vaportrap
I had never heard of it before these two releases

Dismiss yourself is a gift from god
I used to watch that channel obsessively for good music. Nowadays I am kind of too busy to be looking for music, so for the most part I've been listening to stuff I already know.

It's pretty simular to phonk. It had very different roots than modern trap. I mean horror stuff, horror film osts. The only modern genre that is pretty close to early memphis rap is witch house.

Virtual Cafe Awards