Tell me the truth

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I also have a Hello Kitty badge and a badge that says "Anime is gay as hell and I approve!". Is this a kiddie-centric lgbt rights anime forum? Those are just aesthetics from a time since passed.

I'd also be curious to see this >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk shilling if you have the link perchancenstance.
I'm looking for it but can't find it. I just remember someone in the comments on the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post was crying about someone saying natsoc stuff in the chat and the admin saying they were banned shortly after. The original post that the replies were from had the words "free speech" somewhere in there unless I dreamed it. I swear I've seen similar signaling on youtube as well, but I'm not even going to attempt to find that. I have no idea what I was searching for when I ran across those posts but it wasn't "agora road" since I'm not finding it with that search.

I believe in free speech but I also dont want it to be abused. Forum moderation is key for a healthy community.
Sure, even on the Codex we have moderation, though it's pretty hard to get banned there. I'm just saying you can't call yourself free speech if you ban certain viewpoints you don't agree with or speech you find offensive. Racist stuff isn't some special thing that has it's own category. It's still speech.

I'm not really trying to argue with you or ask you to let me say the n-word on here, I just don't like when people try to act like they stand for free speech when they actually don't. Either you're for free speech or you aren't and you definitely aren't. You're using the same signaling as anyone else who bans speech they don't like by calling it "abuse".

Abuse of speech would be things like an actionable call to violence. Not racism.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking for it but can't find it. I just remember someone in the comments on the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post was crying about someone saying natsoc stuff in the chat and the admin saying they were banned shortly after. The original post that the replies were going had the words "free speech" somewhere in there unless I dreamed it. I swear I've seen similar signaling on youtube as well, but I'm not even going to attempt to find that. I have no idea what I was searching for when I ran across those posts but it wasn't "agora road" since I'm not finding it with that search.

Sure, even on the Codex we have moderation, thought it's pretty hard to get banned there. I'm just saying you can't call yourself free speech if you ban certain viewpoints you don't agree with or speech you find offensive. Racist stuff isn't some special thing that has it's own category. It's still speech.

I'm not really trying to argue with you or ask you to let me say the n-word on here, I just don't like when people try to act like they stand for free speech when they actually don't. Either you're for free speech or you aren't and you definitely aren't.

Abuse of speech would be things like an actionable call to violence. Not racism.
I dont claim the forum to be free speech, I want the agora road to be lax on moderation so people can express themselves but i have certain guidlines on here that i can't allow because it would turn it into a dumpster fire.. i appreciate your input

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I dont claim the forum to be free speech, I want the agora road to be lax on moderation so people can express themselves but i have certain guidlines on here that i can't allow because it would turn it into a dumpster fire.. i appreciate your input
Understandable. Anywhere that allows unfettered speech ends up swinging far right and there are plenty of other places like that between the Codex, image boards, and Voat. I'm just here for the schitzo posts. That's something those other places don't offer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I ddin't open a can of worms, and cry more
1637674084195.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
im not pretendin i dont understand it. ive known since then that you're a pussy goosestepper like all redditors

im not denying that i knew this.

im saying you pretend AR is a free-speech >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk alternative.
Forums like this one is an alternative to big social media sites. I think you are confused with an alternative and a clone of a website like Ruqqus or voat. Which I dont claim this is a free speech clone of >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards

minorminer

Is this just a place where zoomers bask in a faux-nostalgic and completely bastardised version of the (internet) past?
This forum is just taking the template of the old and putting it in the modern era. What that translates into is that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Essentially, online forums are old, but they still work well for discourse on all sorts of topics as agora road shows us. What I'm saying is just because it has a nostalgic feel to it does not take away the value a forum holds for people: it's just a phenotype in the equation and a largely benign one at that. It's a gimmick, but like I said that does not diminish value.

Most here are not on for faux-nostalgia, but because they want to talk with someone and explore obscure topics. It's a net good in that sense.

I myself use the forum for the funnies, conversation, and exploration of topics AND entertainment. Social media giants appear to provide that, but their platforms are just another version of corporate America, e.g. Facebook. The place we used to go to escape that corporate landscape was the internet, then the internet was turned into that. Agora Road seems an antidote to that.

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
which AG is not.

different people, same faggy hitler youth censorship
If you hate this place so much then why be in a "Hitler youth censorship forum"? I think you're being disingenuous and just trying to start shit for no reason. So fuck off m8
1517171299535.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Is this just a place where zoomers bask in a faux-nostalgic and completely bastardised version of the (internet) past?

I found this place after searching for more info on the dead internet theory after I saw it on SA forums (and subsequently the fucking Atlantic quoted a post from that thread because the state of journalism isn't dire enough), and because the internet and wider culture seems to have stopped dead in it's tracks and started looping the same shit over and over. Reading through a few select threads it seemed like there's some 30+ old folks here but looking at the introductions thread...there's a lot of "I was born yesterday but love the nostalgia of vaporwave".

I realise vaporwave is the main draw here but tell me if I've come to the wrong site because MAN the internet is so shit now with zoomers who continually regurgitate the same tired variations of wojak and pepe and chasing views by appealing to the lowest common denominator.
I just want to talk about some internet music, and r/vaporwave costanzayeahrightsmirk isn't going to give me that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
alternative means its different
which AG is not.

different people, same faggy hitler youth censorship
who said i hated it here?
MTTS doesn't hate agora road.
MTTS says agora road is not different to reddit.

Thus,
MTTS doesn't hate reddit.

Now I rest my case, he is a normie, watches marvel, eats soy, has bitch tits, supports current thing, etc, etc.

*SNAP*
I just took a screenshot, you're going in the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk cringe thread :JahySmug:

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

MTTS doesn't hate agora road.
MTTS says agora road is not different to reddit.

Thus,
MTTS doesn't hate reddit.

Now I rest my case, he is a normie, watches marvel, eats soy, has bitch tits, supports current thing, etc, etc.

*SNAP*
I just took a screenshot, you're going in the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk cringe thread :JahySmug:

i hate the people on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, i like the people here. except >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk-fags like you and pirate.

but the cool people outweigh the normies like yourself