Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
it's funny seeing people seethe over this, but what difference will this actually make?
My main hope is seeing the ominous A L G O R I T H M become more transparent, as well as all the shadowbanning shit twitter was pulling before.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I look forward to the reopening of the salt mines. I need to reup my Salt Merchant game.
buy high. sell low
1650921075919.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards
ah ok guess we gotta wait and see then. in the mean time, the reactions are pretty funny to read

View attachment 26915

>Le Pen

Man I remember how bad France got fucked when Macron won and I don't fucking care how many frenchies here feel about her and the Prime minister. That dude screwed the country over especially during the refugee crisis which I'm not gonna get into that.

Still funny that they compare him to a French politician.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
In all seriousness, what's Memelon's endgame here? Does he actually think Twitter is worth $44 million, or is this some kind of political gesture/epic prank?
Personally, I hope all the butthurt over the buyout drives Twitter back into the hell from whence it came. No other website has had such a profoundly negative effect on society.

Virtual Cafe Awards

roxytonic

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
roxytonic.tumblr.com
A well thought out post on both sites usually goes unnoticed but the most retarded takes and trolls get all the attention because people like being mad.
You are absolutely correct. We need a culture shift away from this digital craving for inflammation and back into truly human discussion.

Virtual Cafe Awards
You are absolutely correct. We need a culture shift away from this digital craving for inflammation and back into truly human discussion.
Personally, I blame the gamergate incident followed by SJW and radical feminism movement of 2014 and 2015 for essentially creating the current times we now live in. Oh well, it's going to be hard but yeah, we should start encouraging a culture of having basic conversations without fear of ostracization.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
And this is why alternative platforms such as Gab or Parler won't be able to go big. Makes me glad that Agora Roads does not go on that route.

Shade tossing aside, making Twitter much much tolerable and breathable for people is what I hope to see. Keep the extreme at the fringes but keep conservations open without playing favorites or intervening.

As for the whole Trump shtick. It be funny to see him reinstated just for the lulz but I don't see him being brought back in the near future to be honest.

Also, that's interesting. Biden not liking Musk because his company isn't friendly to unions.
Trump said in a statement even if Musk were to give him his account back he wont be using it again, by his own claims he will be actually posting on Truth in the next week or so, ill join up if and when things get interesting, as certain things i monitor on Telegram will be making the shift, since TG is becoming heavily censored.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I blame the gamergate incident followed by SJW and radical feminism movement of 2014 and 2015 for essentially creating the current times we now live in. Oh well, it's going to be hard but yeah, we should start encouraging a culture of having basic conversations without fear of ostracization.
i try to pay at least 1 person a compliment when im out and about doing things, or pay it forward if a stranger does something nice for me out of the blue....beyond conversation. real human interaction and being human again in general needs to be renormalized, shoot i had an incident a few years ago at a job, and just had a breakdown and started quietly crying (kept stocking shelves though had to be a good worker bee) superior came over and was just like "imma need you to put a lid on it, customers are noticing and are gonna think we treat you like shit"..Then moments later, a random lady shopping with her teenage kids, stopped and just asked if she could give me a hug and give a moment of comfort, then went about her business...i used to think that the world needed some pot and a day off.....now a days i really think way too many people just need a dang hug.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

harriet2020

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I never much liked twitter either way. All this endless scroll bullshit is mind numbing at best.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shroomish

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly think that the people who hate Elon just as insufferable as the people who fangirl over him. I hope that this will inspire a new jadedness toward social media in general, and Twitter will just become like Facebook in that it is only used by boomers and will fade into irrelevancy. A new period of time will exist where people just go on Discord groups or something. Or maybe will go to the library and read a book, or actually engage with people outside through actual hobbies rather than political discourse. Also, watch all the leftists on Twitter flock to Mastodon and create an even bigger echo chamber that implodes on itself and every extremely online person.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Some speculation based on a whole lot of "what if's," but imagine for a second Musk let's the floodgates open, let's Trump/right leaning figures back, let's free speech reign (even some of the taboo words and "misinformation") then is it possible that you might see US legislatures start to push laws to get these sites back under their narrative control? The social progressive's hold over social media is something they're not just going to let go of. It's worth noting that big tech has a lot of prominent ex-DNC staffers in the silicone valley as well.

I was also looking into former Twitter engineering manager Leslie Miley (@shaft on Twitter) earlier because of how vocally salty he's been on the Musk acquisition, only to find out this guy was also a CTO for some Obama foundation. The bio should give you all you need to know about what type of person this is.
Screenshot_20220426-161724~2.png

Let's look at a recent statement he made to CNN, because it is interesting getting a glimpse of the typical mindset going on at these type of social media companies:

"Any time somebody says free speech, it always means free speech for the powerful. It does not mean free speech for the less powerful," said Leslie Miley, a former Twitter engineering manager who started its product safety and security team and left the company in 2015. "[Musk] says he wants to make it a free speech platform. What he wants is a platform to say what he wants — and wants other people like him to say what they want — without any accountability."

Let's get one thing straight, Leslie is not for free speech and doesn't even pretend he is. If anything, what Leslie seems to want is equity based speech, where again, certain groups viewed as marginalized get special (often preferential) treatment and exceptions over others. The "without any accountability" is the part that always shows these people hate opposing points of view, and it is along the same train of thought as the often echoed phrase "freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences." These people want to be able to punish wrong think by "holding people accountable," and usually push to kill online anonymity so they can doxx opponents.

Musk has made no indication that his intention is to persecute the status quo "blue checkmark" crowd for their opinions. So far the rhetoric from him has been merely relaxing the rules and opening up the dialogue. Leslie's response is his fearful realization that their unquestioned narrative control may be coming to an end on Twitter, and that they will now be called out for having bad takes or pushing absurdities, without having shadowbans, bias moderation, and other tricks to protect them. But one can only hope this will actually loosen their grip on policing culture, at the very least we still have a lot of seething from them to enjoy.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Some speculation based on a whole lot of "what if's," but imagine for a second Musk let's the floodgates open, let's Trump/right leaning figures back, let's free speech reign (even some of the taboo words and "misinformation") then is it possible that you might see US legislatures start to push laws to get these sites back under their narrative control? The social progressive's hold over social media is something they're not just going to let go of. It's worth noting that big tech has a lot of prominent ex-DNC staffers in the silicone valley as well.

I was also looking into former Twitter engineering manager Leslie Miley (@shaft on Twitter) earlier because of how vocally salty he's been on the Musk acquisition, only to find out this guy was also a CTO for some Obama foundation. The bio should give you all you need to know about what type of person this is.
View attachment 27049

Let's look at a recent statement he made to CNN, because it is interesting getting a glimpse of the typical mindset going on at these type of social media companies:

"Any time somebody says free speech, it always means free speech for the powerful. It does not mean free speech for the less powerful," said Leslie Miley, a former Twitter engineering manager who started its product safety and security team and left the company in 2015. "[Musk] says he wants to make it a free speech platform. What he wants is a platform to say what he wants — and wants other people like him to say what they want — without any accountability."

Let's get one thing straight, Leslie is not for free speech and doesn't even pretend he is. If anything, what Leslie seems to want is equity based speech, where again, certain groups viewed as marginalized get special (often preferential) treatment and exceptions over others. The "without any accountability" is the part that always shows these people hate opposing points of view, and it is along the same train of thought as the often echoed phrase "freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences." These people want to be able to punish wrong think by "holding people accountable," and usually push to kill online anonymity so they can doxx opponents.

Musk has made no indication that his intention is to persecute the status quo "blue checkmark" crowd for their opinions. So far the rhetoric from him has been merely relaxing the rules and opening up the dialogue. Leslie's response is his fearful realization that their unquestioned narrative control may be coming to an end on Twitter, and that they will now be called out for having bad takes or pushing absurdities, without having shadowbans, bias moderation, and other tricks to protect them. But one can only hope this will actually loosen their grip on policing culture, at the very least we still have a lot of seething from them to enjoy.
Oh man this is sweet to see retards like him crying. "Waaah waaaah me no want free speech, waaah me want special privilages". Shut the fuck up and face the fact that some ideas are objectively better than others. Time to throw out the expired juice and clean out the fridge good lord.

Virtual Cafe Awards