3D art thread

• Thread starter Jared
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 16102 times.

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
Yup, I wouldn't bother with 2 anymore. 4 Supports .obj and has more features in general, including animation support. Sorry for wasting your time with 2.
It works perfectly fine on my Windows 98 VM, and it claims support for 95 as well. I suspect you won't have any issue installing.
My test object imported without issue (Blender model exported as obj), except for something very minor.
View attachment 26834
Your model will appear completely white upon import. This is a simple materials problem that can be solved quickly. Here's a short guide:
do you have any more bryce content? I haven't delved too deep into bryce and i personally think some of the daz 3d models are overpriced

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
do you have any more bryce content? I haven't delved too deep into bryce and i personally think some of the daz 3d models are overpriced
Everything I've shared so far has been ripped from the Internet Archive, but I'll keep looking.
Here's the 2.0 addon disk, which also contains lots of free models and materials. They can all be imported into 4.0 easily.
1650851755282.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Also, as we've demonstrated, .obj models can be imported into Bryce 4. Literally any model you find on the internet and can open in Blender should be fair game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
Everything I've shared so far has been ripped from the Internet Archive, but I'll keep looking.
Here's the 2.0 addon disk, which also contains lots of free models and materials. They can all be imported into 4.0 easily.
View attachment 26848
Kek tier meme

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Tried to model a PS1 character. 520 tris, with a single 256 texture file.

Didn't really turn out... 'good', or even 'acceptable' really, but it's the first time I've got anything even semi-decent so I'm kinda happy with it.

4jUi4VE.png
I think it looks pretty good so far! Extremely efficient number of tris for what it is.
Here's a quick, helpful video for this if you haven't already seen it.

View: https://youtu.be/m3Wf-EegBgg

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
F6356615-8456-475E-AC1D-249E39979B99.png
So I've been adding mel in post with photoshop but I figured out how to make a version of her I can directly import into Bryce. The one fall back is that I have to pose her in blender then export her and go through the hassle of moving her to windows 95.
I'm unsure how much I like this version of her but I'm gonna play around regardless with it tonight more. This took me all day to set up/ simplify her model

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think it looks pretty good so far! Extremely efficient number of tris for what it is.
Thanks, though unfortunately I don't think it'll go any further.

I'll probably try making another character soon, and hopefully I'll be able to apply what I learned with her.

Here's a quick, helpful video for this if you haven't already seen it.
Yeah, saw that one already. It's good, though I'm just not a fan of detached limbs, so I decided against following it too closely.

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Thanks, though unfortunately I don't think it'll go any further.

I'll probably try making another character soon, and hopefully I'll be able to apply what I learned with her.

Yeah, saw that one already. It's good, though I'm just not a fan of detached limbs, so I decided against following it too closely.
Fair enough.

View attachment 26936So I've been adding mel in post with photoshop but I figured out how to make a version of her I can directly import into Bryce. The one fall back is that I have to pose her in blender then export her and go through the hassle of moving her to windows 95.
I'm unsure how much I like this version of her but I'm gonna play around regardless with it tonight more. This took me all day to set up/ simplify her model
Boy do I have the program for you...

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Fair enough.

Boy do I have the program for you...
This looks interesting, I may play with it tomorrow if I get too tired of the blender route

DB8FD894-425A-4F75-B92E-A7A5983C8065.png

this image is an example of one where I added all the characters in post via photoshop. Not very confident about the perspectives so maybe I will model every character in a very basic fashion.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
This looks interesting, I may play with it tomorrow if I get too tired of the blender route

View attachment 26943
this image is an example of one where I added all the characters in post via photoshop. Not very confident about the perspectives so maybe I will model every character in a very basic fashion.
I think it's convincing enough, given the meager resolution.
However, actually having the characters in the program would allow for environmental interactions that's would otherwise be infeasible, like reflections and refraction in glass materials.
Give it a shot and do whatever you prefer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I made some Y2K esque fish but i can't find a suitable background simular to those late 90's trippy 3d artworks. I'm making utopian scholastic inspired art, as a person grown up with the aesthetic
I love y2k stuff. Can't wait to see the fish !
Going to simplify agora-Chan's original model to be used the same way I did Mel so I can make some really genuine y2k designs with her. Maybe I can send illu some new agora-Chan stuff to put out as stickers

Virtual Cafe Awards