Do you guys read?

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
not as much as i should. i plan on doing some deep-dive shit on the bible (gospels, daniel, ezekiel, revelation, genesis), but i have to wait for the bible to actually come in the mail

my gf is trying to push me into reading more, but...idk, my brai doesn't like reading anymore
Chicks love books. Why not take her up on her offer? It can be a lot of fun

Virtual Cafe Awards

Iommi Fan 420

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.fbi.gov
I started reading it in 2013 and only read it until 2015. After 4 years of going extremely hard into W40k, I just sort of drifted on to new interests. Slowly coming back to it, though.

What's your favorite book or arc in Horus Heresy?
I feel that, I got right in to it and finished the heresy and burnt right out of it.

Garro's storyline. No spoilers I just found it really fun.

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
Slaughterhouse-5 by Vonnegut changed my life when I was in 8th grade. Went on and read some other books by him. I like postmodernism, to be honest. As long as it means something, like a symbolism instead of a bunch of messed-up words put together to "look cool". Slaughterhouse-5 was powerful as it was a war veteran's head, his fucked-up chronology and all. The writer himself was a POW at some point in WW2.

Currently reading something about the French Revolution by G. Rudé, and Rousseau's Social Contract. Will be re-reading All Quiet On The Western Front.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
I just finished reading the glass menagerie, but i would be lying if i said i read a lot. wish i could, but its just really hard for me to find a good book. that being said, once i do find a good book tho, ill binge read it lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Slaughterhouse-5 by Vonnegut changed my life when I was in 8th grade. Went on and read some other books by him. I like postmodernism, to be honest. As long as it means something, like a symbolism instead of a bunch of messed-up words put together to "look cool". Slaughterhouse-5 was powerful as it was a war veteran's head, his fucked-up chronology and all. The writer himself was a POW at some point in WW2.

Currently reading something about the French Revolution by G. Rudé, and Rousseau's Social Contract. Will be re-reading All Quiet On The Western Front.
read storm of steel by ernst junger after or before AQOTWF or i will do a beating on you
yes hello.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

0ur0b0r0s

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I read a lot. I like to think that it's good for the mind but that's probably just me projecting. I've been rereading thebook of the new sun series and its a lot better then i remember it being. Going to read the dying earth series afterwards
shadow and claw is in my queue

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
hemingway
tolkien
borges
local history archives/books/articles/lectures
various recommendations from friends in pdf format
2600 for the toilet

lots of other stuff too but those are the things i always go back to

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
I like classics , Horror and murder/crime books and occult book. I also enjoy psychology from time to time .

My favorites :

A beautiful Mind by sylvia nasar

The Great Gatsby

Alice in wonderland

No Longer human by dazai Osuma

The OverCoat by Nikolia Gogol

after alice by gregory maguire

And anything by agatha christie , and edgar alan poe.

Also Carl Jung is interesting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
You've actually lost me. How the hell did that shit end up on your favorites list?
Cause ..... That Mf is relatable.... Also cause It threw me into a bout of psychotic hallucinations and delusions for the whole entire summer without anyone noticing. I mean your on the internet. this is why I am telling you this

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
Cause ..... That Mf is relatable.... Also cause It threw me into a bout of psychotic hallucinations and delusions for the whole entire summer without anyone noticing. I mean your on the internet. this is why I am telling you this
Thats stupid. being in that level of mental hurt over some loser with a fetish for fucking up his life is the lamest thing in the world. He went his whole life and only managed to accomplish the very little he decided was worth living for. He let himself ruin his own life and deciding that it's an allowable state of mind is a genuine cancer on the mind.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Thats stupid. being in that level of mental hurt over some loser with a fetish for fucking up his life is the lamest thing in the world. He went his whole life and only managed to accomplish the very little he decided was worth living for. He let himself ruin his own life and deciding that it's an allowable state of mind is a genuine cancer on the mind.
nahh , It wasn't him It was takechis prophecy ...lol It's a long story , basically I became "interested" in the fact it meant something. That lasted a month or so until I found midnight scenes and the deep sleep trilogies and fran bow which shaped my crazy ass hallucinations of shadow people and other shit. (LIKE DISAPPEARING TREES)(It wasnt really that bad tho) . Then I got interested in Carl Jung which was at the time when summer was over , making my depression calm down . Pretty chill now tbh. I only related to the aspect were Yozo felt incapable of understanding humans and displaying a false persona. That is why I like the book. Idc about the sexual themes . I only care about the alienation part. Also , Stay chad and be based kid! Also I am ace ..so idc about wierd sexual themes and think fetishes he displays are wierd. I think I relate to nash more tho.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
No Longer human by dazai Osuma
This is not even his best work work in my opinion, I would argue that it is The Setting Sun instead. I highly recommend it if you have not read it already.
The OverCoat by Nikolia Gogol
If you liked this, read Dead Souls by Gogol if you have not already. It is really good too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
This is not even his best work work in my opinion, I would argue that it is The Setting Sun instead. I highly recommend it if you have not read it already.

If you liked this, read Dead Souls by Gogol if you have not already. It is really good too.
will do kid! , I mean nikolia is great ngl . I read one of his books and was imppressed tbh!! It was amazing

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
nahh , It wasn't him It was takechis prophecy ...lol It's a long story , basically I became "interested" in the fact it meant something. That lasted a month or so until I found midnight scenes and the deep sleep trilogies and fran bow which shaped my crazy ass hallucinations of shadow people and other shit. (LIKE DISAPPEARING TREES)(It wasnt really that bad tho) . Then I got interested in Carl Jung which was at the time when summer was over , making my depression calm down . Pretty chill now tbh. I only related to the aspect were Yozo felt incapable of understanding humans and displaying a false persona. That is why I like the book. Idc about the sexual themes . I only care about the alienation part. Also , Stay chad and be based kid! Also I am ace ..so idc about wierd sexual themes and think fetishes he displays are wierd. I think I relate to nash more tho.
I guess, but it's important to remember that the main character of No longer human brought all his problems on himself. His drug addiction, alienation and inability to change were all things that he decided for himself. It's not something that can really give you anxiety because grown adults don't do things like that guy did

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I guess, but it's important to remember that the main character of No longer human brought all his problems on himself. His drug addiction, alienation and inability to change were all things that he decided for himself. It's not something that can really give you anxiety because grown adults don't do things like that guy did
true, While some of his problems were relatable to me, some werent.That is good to keep in mind.

Virtual Cafe Awards