What Are Your Comfort Games?

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I love persona 3-4 and maybe madden as dumb as madden is. I love love love football games and am desperately hoping ea will stop selling the same game every year. Nfl 2k5 has a fun first person mode, madden 08 has fun mods as done as the newest madden despite how shit it is. Madden is my guilty pleasure really.

oh I also really digital devil Saga. Reminds me of a comforting time in my life

Virtual Cafe Awards

bananafuckerz

that's gooder than a bitch
Reaction score
Awards
Shadowverse, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, Mario Kart 64, Hearthstone, The Sims

shadow.JPG

200.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

LiquidOFresco

Do as I say, Not as I Do
Reaction score
Awards
Minecraft, but recently i can't seem to find myself playing it in single player. I just find it sometimes boring, but i can play for days in multiplayer with friends.
If i don't feel like playing minecraft then Super Mario 64 is my go to choice. There's probably more games but these too are the ones i play the most

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
mount & blade: warband, a new mod every time, get halfway through a campaign, get bored with my conquest of the continent and drop it for another 2 months - after over 1000 hours i can confidently say that vanilla+ mods are the best, nothing better than bringing swadian steel to rhodok bastards with a little more flavour than usual

Virtual Cafe Awards

ICPinECW666

premium rotten.com investor
Reaction score
Awards
Dude there's so many. Basically any professional wrestling game from WCW/NWO Revenge to WWE 2K22, I could get lost in with a smile on my face the whole time. Halo 2 and Halo 3 also take the cake, both for campaign and multiplayer (thank fuck for MCC), Quake, Doom... I'm sure there's more but those are the first ones that come to mind.

halo 3 GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
I can always return to Halo: Combat Evolved and feel right at home. That feeling when Keyes gives you the unloaded Magnum at the beginning... oh yeah baby, that's when the fun starts.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dolfin

Cetacean Sensation
Reaction score
Awards
On bad days, I like to boot up Euro Truck Simulator 2 and queue up some podcasts. I used to play Minecraft for the same purpose, just building a big house or a castle with secret passages while listening to something so I can take my mind off of life.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SleazeThetic

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I assume you all know about the concept of comfort food. Food you like eat when you're feeling down as a sort of pick-me-up. What games serve a similar function for you?

I often play Fire Emblem rom hacks when I'm feeling down. I played the GBA Fire Emblem titles to death as a kid, and I don't really like all the changes you see in newer Fire Emblem games. What I like about Fire Emblem rom hacks is that I can enjoy new experiences but with the same engine and mechanics that I'm familiar with.

I also enjoy playing Catherine when I'm feeling down. The puzzles are kind of meditative, but more than that I enjoy chilling with da bois during the bar segments

View: https://youtu.be/5uOTtrfmoWg

Grim Fandango for me, Something about the environment just mellows me out

Virtual Cafe Awards

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
SOMA. Makes you question life and humanity. Originally being a horror game, it somehow ended up as my comfort game. The scenery is beautiful. Things are underwater.
ss_21b43d4cb49ef3332eefbb4957ec96e075543ef1.1920x1080.jpg

A similar one: Bioshock. Especially when the radio is playing some of the old songs and the scenery is of the 1960s along with art and architecture... Simply perfect.
vb.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Death stranding, i don't care that i'm the only person who likes tbat game, it's still the GOAT to me
I was actually just about to post this. It's a relaxing game aside from the grim setting. I've long since plat'd the game so now I just roam around returning players' lost packages and repairing and upgrading structures like digital post-apocalypse Santa.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisickWinters

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Diablo 2, .hack//IMOQ, Chrono Trigger, Ultima Online
Diablo 2 Resurrected lately, they did a good job with it and I personally love it on the switch, exactly what I wanted back in 2000! The original .hack// series has always held a special place in my heart, i bought them as they came out and I used to imagine being in the world a bunch when I was in early high school. Chrono Trigger is just so awesome. Ultima Online was my first true love in video games and Ill still come back to it from time to time (private pre-aos shards).

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I really like to play townscape when I am not feeling the best. The satisfaction of making elaborate towns with such ridiculously simple mechanics is awesome. Other games that I feel as "comfort games" include minecraft, terraria, and TW3 (I like to just ride Roach around on my save file and just get the fantasy feel to be honest).

Virtual Cafe Awards

<SIXX>

BXRN LXST CXNTURY
Reaction score
Awards
I love persona 3-4 and maybe madden as dumb as madden is. I love love love football games and am desperately hoping ea will stop selling the same game every year. Nfl 2k5 has a fun first person mode, madden 08 has fun mods as done as the newest madden despite how shit it is. Madden is my guilty pleasure really.

oh I also really digital devil Saga. Reminds me of a comforting time in my life
Rn the ECCO the Dolphin games are completely consuming all my time rn. Such a relaxing game although i gotta play with a walkthrough to get thru it cuz some of the puxzzles are insanely difficult

Virtual Cafe Awards

Metonym

I got Unreal Tournament pretty recently, and it's turned out to be a lot more comforting than i expected

Yeager

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Galactic Civilizations II and Castlevania, specifically 1, 4, and SOTN. I know them like the back of my hand. Even though I don't play vidya that much anymore, those are the ones that kept their spark for me after all this time. They are the only games I can think of that still make me feel the way they did when I first played them.

flat,750x1000,075,f (1).jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards