Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Everything said here is correct. Musk in a con artist and (for the most half) just makes money out of speculation and controversy. I would like to add that the kind of people who might be allowed on to the website are going to be nothing more than centre-right, civic nationalist types. Effectively the Trump audience. Just more unwinnable arguments over IDpol rather than any serious discussions about why the west (and the human race in general) is in such a severe decline. I saw this on Gab for the few days I had an account on it. One of the first things I remember seeing was a pro-Israel group. These people are a prime example of the kind of right-wingers who like to claim they are being oppressed but in reality have an economic space that will cater to them. A Musk owned twitter is very unlikely to give airtime to any serious dissidents against the elite.
To be fair, a lot of these milquetoast, largely useless conservatives already have plenty of representation on sites like twitter and Youtube.

Except for the most raging, hate-filled leftists, most of the leaders of these platforms are more concerned with "troublemakers" and "dissidents" than they are about alternative opinions on mostly useless issues.

It's why Tucker Carlson is allowed to talk enclessly on Youtube about how "the left has ruined sexy M&Ms", in fact there's a whole network of right-wing channels that mostly present the same talking points of "small government" and "less spending" and "religion in schools" and CRT and gender quotas and etc. Even Abortion doesn't actually matter that much to the elites.

The real dissidents (left or right), who are trying to actually defend the working class, or expose these people for the swamp creatures that they are, are mostly banned. Just look at what happens to journalists like Julian Assange or Edward Snowden who show us what is going on behind the mask. Edward Snowden literally gave us the information and tools we need to completely escape the propaganda machine, and he made it mainstream enough that people are actually doing that. That is devastating for their power base, so of course he had to be gotten rid of as soon as possible.

Facebook would rather give you a slap on the wrist for an edgy meme so that you get angry over that, rather than getting angry over the fact that the economy is basically rigged, the only reason you have to work full-time constantly to barely get ahead is because of other peoples greed, everything is overpriced, and the reason there's no recourse is because these people write the laws. But sure, get upset over the 3 day ban for making a "lets go Brandon" meme.

It's why modern conservatism is so toothless and impossible to take seriously (and also why they aren't winning elections). Article after article in "right wing news" focusing on why transgenders using the mens bathroom is the end of the world, but not a single article on anything actually important.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
update:
:elonHigh:PePsIcAnpixeled

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

update:
:elonHigh:PePsIcAnpixeled
Called it. They're not going to give airtime to any serious dissident less than people like Trump who increasingly comes off to me as some kind of elaborate pantomime created by the elites to act as a stand up villain for the left and a kind of comic book super hero for the civic right.

Trump: "I'm gonna build a wall!"

Leftists: "Oh no, you're not!"

Trump: "Oh yes I will!"

Leftists: "Oh no you're not!"

All whilst ignoring the fact that was impossible and that the majority of immigrants coming to the united states weren't coming in through the US-Mexico border. This is just designed to continue the usual election cycles in a more interactive way.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Called it. They're not going to give airtime to any serious dissident less than people like Trump who increasingly comes off to me as some kind of elaborate pantomime created by the elites to act as a stand up villain for the left and a kind of comic book super hero for the civic right.

All whilst ignoring the fact that was impossible and that the majority of immigrants coming to the united states weren't coming in through the US-Mexico border. This is just designed to continue the usual election cycles in a more interactive way.
Trump is a (unknowing) psyop to divide the people after the elites were scared by movements such as occupywallstreet

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
trump already publicly stated even if they give him his twitter back he has no plans to use it and is quite comfy on truth social....now what will probably happen is now his stuff from truth will make its way to twitter via screencaps and it wont be banned or censored.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"it's a private platform, they can unban people if they want, if you have a problem, start your own platform". It's always good to use their own logic against them

This is absolutely correct. Not to mention the elites would rather see twitter become slightly less controlled than have people leave twitter. It was dying just a few months ago, and losing users like crazy, and now it's healthy again. This is by design. Twitter, whether you are on the left or right, is an excellent tool for propaganda, just like all other social media. Federated services are the absolute death knell for censorship and the elites controlling the narrative, and they know it, so I have no doubt they will "keep the discussion to twitter" and would rather have fake outrage in an environment they can control, rather than real dissent and real discussion on platforms they can't control.

Don't fall for it. Don't use Twitter at all. Whether or not Trump is on it, it's still a propaganda platform driven by an extremely biased consensus mechanism. The "Likes" system of Facebook and Twitter is what creates NPCs, because any original thought is heavily downvoted and given endless amounts of scathing comments. Any platform that uses "smart algorithms" to only show you content you're likely to want, is guaranteed to result in an echo chamber.

All the conservatives clapping this on like mindless seals are basically useful idiots.

Last edited:

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
MAY THE SALT MINES GATES FLOOD WITH A TSUNAMI OF SALT

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
"it's a private platform, they can unban people if they want, if you have a problem, start your own platform". It's always good to use their own logic against them

This is absolutely correct. Not to mention the elites would rather see twitter become slightly less controlled than have people leave twitter. It was dying just a few months ago, and losing users like crazy, and now it's healthy again. This is by design. Twitter, whether you are on the left or right, is an excellent tool for propaganda, just like all other social media. Federated services are the absolute death knell for censorship and the elites controlling the narrative, and they know it, so I have no doubt they will "keep the discussion to twitter" and would rather have fake outrage in an environment they can control, rather than real dissent and real discussion on platforms they can't control.

Don't fall for it. Don't use Twitter at all. Whether or not Trump is on it, it's still a propaganda platform driven by an extremely biased consensus mechanism. The "Likes" system of Facebook and Twitter is what creates NPCs, because any original thought is heavily downvoted and given endless amounts of scathing comments. Any platform that uses "smart algorithms" to only show you content you're likely to want, is guaranteed to result in an echo chamber.

All the conservatives clapping this on like mindless seals are basically useful idiots.
well your not wrong, it still is unsure what musks goal really is, he seems to be playing both sides of the coin
and yea they want to keep the anger and frustrations on the internet just like how they fucked up 4 chan so it wasnt a useful tool anymore

Attachments

• 1645006173229m.jpg
    1645006173229m.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 78
Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
[snipsnip]

Twitter needs to die, and we need to replace it with decentralised, federated solutions, like Pleroma, Mastodon, etc. People keep saying blockchain is web 3.0, but ActivityPub is the actual web 3.0, and once it starts to really take off, only then will we enter a new era free of censorship and where individual communities can exist again without fear of being shut down. Twitter becoming popular again with conservatives actually works against that goal, so I see it as a net negative - we are propping up the bad system instead of replacing it with the better system.

ActivityPub is far too loose of a standard to be viable, Mastodon implements calls very differently than friendica, and both do it differently than PeerTube. And ActivityPub isn't true decentralization, posts and threads live on an instance, which has full authority over that item. Blockchans, for all the (deserved) shit it gets, is truly decentralized. Where the authority over a link is attributed to, in the case of blockchain social media, whomever created it; and all the posts that exist, are shared equally by all members participating in the blockchain.

And these multiple paragraphs of sperging that we've created, is the reason these distributed social media will never take off. Normies just don't care, and whatever they end up using is because their world powers force them to (email), or because it's attractive due to good advertising (Twitter, FB, Insta, etc.) The best we can hope for is something like Signal, aka sovereign compute-a term I've grown to like. A system where the user controls not just the data, but also the computer on which their data lives.

Virtual Cafe Awards
And these multiple paragraphs of sperging that we've created, is the reason these distributed social media will never take off. Normies just don't care, and whatever they end up using is because their world powers force them to (email), or because it's attractive due to good advertising (Twitter, FB, Insta, etc.) The best we can hope for is something like Signal, aka sovereign compute-a term I've grown to like. A system where the user controls not just the data, but also the computer on which their data lives.

I've already said my piece on the matter. Unfortunately, it's true. A lot of Normalfags use the more mainstream platforms simply because it's convenient for a lot of people who uses it for largely work purposes or to keep in touch with family members. That's why there has been calls for the platforms to become more transparent since 2016.

That's why I have hope with Twitter's new ownership than of alternative platforms that's out since as I said before; those platforms have their own god damn issues (Mastodon especially and look what that disgusting site evolved into overtime as well) that need to be ironed out otherwise they'll just suffocate themselves with its members.

I don't know much about Signal but good luck to them if they can manage to attract a good number of users for their site.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ActivityPub is far too loose of a standard to be viable, Mastodon implements calls very differently than friendica, and both do it differently than PeerTube. And ActivityPub isn't true decentralization, posts and threads live on an instance, which has full authority over that item. Blockchans, for all the (deserved) shit it gets, is truly decentralized. Where the authority over a link is attributed to, in the case of blockchain social media, whomever created it; and all the posts that exist, are shared equally by all members participating in the blockchain.
The Blockchain actually operates more like a cartel than a democracy. Usually the blockchain is managed by a few individuals with most of the infrastructure. It's why they can do things like fork when the DAO gets it's tokens stolen, but if you get your tokens stolen you're just fucked.

Even if they implement calls differently, the point of the protocol is to allow them to be compatible anyway. I haven't actually tried to post from a pleroma instance to a mastodon instance, but I assume it works.

As for "it being hosted on instances" rather than truly decentralised. That's how decentralising works. It's basically like having your own website again. It can just also post on other websites.
Yes, although I prefer something like GNU Jami to Signal because Signal is still centralised. I still love Signal though because it has the stickers and emojis and all the other stupid crap normies like to use in their messengers, whereas most secure messengers (like the aforementioned Jami) tend to be pretty barebones

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
looks like he's trying to renegotiate the price
>Tesla owner says $44bn deal has been paused until he gets more information about fake accounts
>Elon Musk has said his $44bn (£36bn) takeover of Twitter is "temporarily on hold" after the social media platform claimed that fewer than 5% of its users were spam or fake accounts.
>The Tesla chief tweeted on Friday morning that the deal was being frozen while he awaited details supporting Twitter's assertion. In a subsequent tweet, Musk said he was "still committed to acquisition", amid speculation that the world's richest man was about to walk away from the deal or seek a lower price.
everybody knows bots account for a lot more than 5% of the userbase, and there are the multiple accounts too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
looks like he's trying to renegotiate the price
>Tesla owner says $44bn deal has been paused until he gets more information about fake accounts
>Elon Musk has said his $44bn (£36bn) takeover of Twitter is "temporarily on hold" after the social media platform claimed that fewer than 5% of its users were spam or fake accounts.
>The Tesla chief tweeted on Friday morning that the deal was being frozen while he awaited details supporting Twitter's assertion. In a subsequent tweet, Musk said he was "still committed to acquisition", amid speculation that the world's richest man was about to walk away from the deal or seek a lower price.
everybody knows bots account for a lot more than 5% of the userbase, and there are the multiple accounts too.
He is doing EXACTLY what I predicted

I told everyone this was a pump and dump scheme. He did EXACTLY the same thing with dogecoin.

He's going to run into "complications" and then cancel the deal. He will then sell his shares and make bank

Ardea

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone is terribly concerned about billionaires controlling the media until a billionaire they think is on their team takes charge.

Nothing has changed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1525727450872926209

"There is some chance it might be over 90% of daily active users, which is the metric that matters to advertisers. Very odd that the most popular tweets of all time were only liked by ~2% of daily active users."
90%, even I'm a bit surprised.

Everyone is terribly concerned about billionaires controlling the media until a billionaire they think is on their team takes charge.

Nothing has changed.

he's not on my team, as long as he's pushing that transhumanist crap he'll never be, but things did change.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Lol at Elon discovering Dead Internet Theory is real and Twitter is nothing but bots talking to other bots. There is no way someone can read the timeline of and replies to The Oval Pawffice account and think there any humans on Twitter

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's': Elon Musk retweets undercover vid of Twitter exec saying he can't take Tesla CEO 'seriously' due to his Asperger's diagnosis as he boasts about limiting free speech

Alex Martinez, a lead client partner for Twitter, was caught on camera by undercover operatives from Project Veritas
In footage released on Tuesday, Martinez mocks Elon Musk's diagnosis of Asperger's and calls him 'literally special needs'
Musk responded with scorn, tweeting: 'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's ...'
Martinez boasts about limiting freedom of speech, and also laughs off a warning not to get caught up in a Project Veritas sting
On Monday Project Veritas published footage of another Twitter employee discussing the company's 'hard left' culture, saying it was 'commie as f***'

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org

'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's': Elon Musk retweets undercover vid of Twitter exec saying he can't take Tesla CEO 'seriously' due to his Asperger's diagnosis as he boasts about limiting free speech

Alex Martinez, a lead client partner for Twitter, was caught on camera by undercover operatives from Project Veritas
In footage released on Tuesday, Martinez mocks Elon Musk's diagnosis of Asperger's and calls him 'literally special needs'
Musk responded with scorn, tweeting: 'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's ...'
Martinez boasts about limiting freedom of speech, and also laughs off a warning not to get caught up in a Project Veritas sting
On Monday Project Veritas published footage of another Twitter employee discussing the company's 'hard left' culture, saying it was 'commie as f***'
I'm always a bit skeptical of Project Veritas, they have a tendency of framing things around a narrative and taking stuff out of context to support it, but I don't know any context where insulting Asperger's/autism is acceptable. I'll have to give this a watch later. Everyone was already well aware of their political leanings, but it's always nice having it reconfirmed/documented.

Virtual Cafe Awards