20220520_122922_HDR.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 55

cynxdd

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

What subgenres are you most into?

How did you find out about this place?

What do you do for fun

Hmmmm probably Malcolm in the Middle.

It's comforting? All I can really say about it.

It isn't a subgenre of vaporwave and not really a subgenre at all, but hip-hop is my favorite genre of music.

Dead internet theory haha.

What do you do for fun?

I like chilling outside, playing video games, reading manga. General nerd shit haha.

Elagabalus

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone, I have lurked here a while but decided to introduce myself to be more active.

Home improvement definitely

I enjoy the nostalgia feel it gives me for when I was a kid.

Mallsoft specially, have an old looking mall nearby I enjoy walking around in listening to mallsoft.

From an UFO group funny enough.

What do you do for fun?
Nature photography mostly some writing too. Reading but the internet has fried my attention span so it's a slow process.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone, I have lurked here a while but decided to introduce myself to be more active.
Dude, you are here since october last year and you only posted until now? Who are you, Ryan Gosling?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Grape_flavored

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
1. I'm not sure, I don't really watch sitcoms lol

2. Vaporwave is like my mind on the regular, a jumble of shower thoughts and fever dreams I somehow remember but can't comprehend

3. I really like mall soft, utopian virtual, and citypop

4. I was on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk looking for Vaporwave related stuff and people were talking about this place

5. kickboxing, art, listen to music, and if I don't have too much anxiety I skateboard (rarely tho lol)

theshredneckcsr

Metal E. Leetist
Reaction score
Awards
Idk man, Shin Chan?

An aesthetic of a time I miss despite never being a part of

City pop (if that counts) and darkwave

Fuck if I remember

What do you do for fun?
I'm a musician and I run a DIY record label for metal, punk and hardcore bands. Also a big Metal Gear Solid and Metroid fan, animu of course and listening to lots and lots of music.

Virtual Cafe Awards

certifiednewfahg

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone.

I liked arrested development but I wouldn't say it describes my life, haven't seen too many sitcoms

I don't really enjoy the state of the internet these days. I like the stuff that harkens back to what seems like a better time.

What Subgenres are you most into?
To be quite honest I found this forum recently but don't listen to any of the music. I'll have to look into it.

I found this forum while looking for stuff about dead internet theory. Discussion seemed to be real people and of decent quality, and I'll take anything over >2022 4chan

What do you do for fun?
Lifting and video games for the most part. I play lacrosse, but there isn't much to do in the off season.

quick

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I can't think of one

I found it inspiring 10 years ago, but I don't think about it much anymore

What Subgenres are you most into?
Just about anything that hits the spot and tends to have ambient elements, even if small

Known about it for a while, must have seen an ad for it somewhere first

What do you do for fun?
Music, try to enjoy the outdoors, try to live well every day

Vrashzt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I never watched a sitcom, so...

It brings me memories of things that never happened and makes me yearn for a places I have never been. It's a hazy feeling but also a warm one, I guess it means the loss of what could have been? I don't know.

Subgenres of what? If it is music, then I deeply enjoy synthwave, but I can listen to almost anything.
Otherwise, I like sci-fi, high and low fantasy, cyberpunk...

I was trying to escape the dead internet, really.

What do you do for fun?
Life hasn't been exactly fun to me for a long long time.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
The only sitcom I ever really watched was Community and that is probably anything but a good description of someone's life. But hey if it describes your life I'd be very interested to hear some stories.

It makes me feel like I tap into memories that I just barely missed because I was born just a few years too late. Somehow it brings me back to a time that I never truly experienced yet am also somewhat glad that I did not experience due to the fact that my life would be wildly different and I like how my life turned out. It also reminds me of a friend of mine who has a really cool vaporwave feel to his computer.

I don't fully understand the question but I guess sci-fi and horror podcasts.

Like most newcomers it seems I found it through Dead Internet Theory. I checked out some of the other threads and was frankly relieved to find a place that could actually hold thoughtful discussion from a variety of differing viewpoints. It's been something that I've been yearning for for a while.

What do you do for fun?
I play on a minecraft server with some of my friends, I'm currently helping a friend create a videogame idea that he's had since he was in grade school, and I generally just hang out with my IRL friends. I like more extreme fun (like roller coasters, jet skiing, indoor skydiving etc.) but that tends to be fairly expensive so I can't do those often.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Tholot

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The old simpsons I guess pre 2005

Allot im not super knowledgeable but floral shoppe got me through some rough times a few years back

Currently not knowledgeable enough to properly name them but some more electronic focused stuff

destiny 2 random raid dude mentioned it lol

What do you do for fun
your mother haha

chiapense

Syngonium
Reaction score
Awards

Duckman

Vaporwave takes artless mass-produced commercial music and transmogrifies it into a sort of folk music of the internet. Since it often goes beyond just sampling, its lack of usefulness to the broader music business is built in.

Mallsoft, Futureunk

悟道 2.0

What do you do for fun?

Tuneless piping of hideous flutes

Deluge

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Always find these types of questions hard, can't really relate to any particular one. Some of my favourites are the old Simpsons, Futurama, the Office, I guess

I view it as a superset of art: containing the "art" style and the music genre, tend to lean in the direction of music though

Probably hardvapor? Not too bothered about specific terminology, I pretty much just like metal and vaporwave, so the combination of the two is based

Some anon namedropped the site and it looked comfy enough to me

What do you do for fun?
At the moment my time is spread between reading, listening to music, cooking, and (badly) coding

prometheousjames

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What's up? I saw a video on Youtube about the dead internet theory and it basically tied in many things I've been realizing over the years. I have a BSc in Cybersecurity and work in the field and as a lead network administrator and cyber threat hunter.

Thus, as you can imagine, I'm all about decentralizing the internet and this is a good platform to join. I like the community. I definitely listen to vaporwave at times when I'm coding or whatever.

Anyway, YUH. I would love helping anyone disappear from the mainstream internet, to stop their devices from sending data to microsoft, apple, and/or google all day. I'm not unethical. No, I'm not a hacker for hire, and no, I would never mess with this website or any website I like. I see hacking as an aggression, thus, should be controlled and ethical.

Thanks !

Last edited:

FruitedWaters

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Ello! I just like the aesthetic of this place so I thought I would sit down and take it in. Vaporwave means 80s synths to me, which is stellar. Nothing bangs like a juno. I read some of and liked the discussions here. I am also from a discussion of dead internet theory, surprise surprise, from an article that was published in the atlantic some million months ago, but I have now thought about a few too many times, and am now scratching the itch to stay on this site. This is also in part to the fact that I open >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk more times than I would like most days because I don't have any other places to put my muscle memory, and thus I'm trying to find some forms to reroute that habit into. Literally forgot I signed up until tonight, though I signed up last friday. Didn't see the mod message until today. Anyway, professional lurker, I considered not even making an account, but idk thought I would get out a bit. After lots of consideration, I'm pretty sure dead internet theory is mostly an emergent property of being disillusioned to how brainless the posts people make are, but not that they're bots. Ok anyway love you bye.

*I should mention more times than I'd like is like 1 or 2 for like 10 minutes

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
Father Ted
eternity's waiting room [music]
Mallsoft and slushwave
The Atlantic Monthly (tm)
What do you do for fun?
Mathematics as a spiritual practice. Play with my pet rats. Develop a lisp dialect overwhelmingly superior to all capitalist programming languages.

Virtual Cafe Awards