Economic crash is just around the corner BTC below 20k, stock markets are burning

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Yup the crypto markets are burning fast an all stocks are crashing HARD. The guys on /biz/ say is because of the Fed hikes on interest rates. But with everything going down. It seems like a good time to buy. What are you gonna do to take advantage of this looming recession?

Anons on Biz are going on and on about owning physical silver. And several anons are shilling the below etfs and stock.

SOLX - semi conductor ETF, there is still a chip shortage and its gonna take awhile for supply chain issues to correct itself. When we go back in a bull market, this one is gonna go back to its glory days.

SIGA - They are the ones that is directly working with the new monkey pox virus. I

LIT - Lithium etf that tracks Lithium battery production for EV cars.

What would you get? monkahhm

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
i don't invest shit but i'm really not surprised crypto is plummeting in the current environment, it's a luxury investment that ultimately only has one purpose: buying large quantities of cocaine
Only thing worse was NFTs.

But im curious why don't you invest? Especially with inflation going through the roof over here, im scared of keeping things in cash

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Only thing worse was NFTs.

But im curious why don't you invest? Especially with inflation going through the roof over here, im scared of keeping things in cash
there's practically nothing i can invest in where i could sleep at night, ethically. investing is a big trick to get you invested (hah) in the success of the corporations.

me? i spend all my money on ewaste.

ewasteman.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
there's practically nothing i can invest in where i could sleep at night, ethically. investing is a big trick to get you invested (hah) in the success of the corporations.

View attachment 30784
Hey that's a cool image. Did u make it?

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
Investing is like surgery. If you don't know medicine you shouldn't be doing surgeries, and if you don't know even basic economics you probably shouldn't invest in whatever /biz/ tells you. Or at least that's what I feel like. It's easy to feel FOMO when you hear about someone making it big but that's probably survivorship bias or something.
Semiconductors do feel like something that can only go up.
Not like I can invest. You need a lot of disposable income to get in, and anyway due to my country's problems investing in USD is pretty hard

I do like looking at complex stock chart interfaces. Makes me feel like some hardcore day trader

793148ad63904565b2779ac7aaf93d53.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Investing is like surgery. If you don't know medicine you shouldn't be doing surgeries, and if you don't know even basic economics you probably shouldn't invest in whatever /biz/ tells you. Or at least that's what I feel like. It's easy to feel FOMO when you hear about someone making it big but that's probably survivorship bias or something.
Semiconductors do feel like something that can only go up.
Not like I can invest. You need a lot of disposable income to get in, and anyway due to my country's problems investing in USD is pretty hard

I do like looking at complex stock chart interfaces. Makes me feel like some hardcore day trader

View attachment 30787
I just like to see what the anons have to say, They did get in the GME soar with Wallstreetbets

Virtual Cafe Awards

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Fyren

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I made a really good call to invest in the energy industry at the start of the COVID pandemic, to the best of my knowledge we haven't seen a crash like this since the 70's. (relating to Western support to Israel during the Yom-Kippur war, after which a number of Arab nations squeezed the supply of oil to the west) It was kind of a no-brainer since the chance of these companies falling was essentially zero.

Cashed out 2 months ago. Didn't have a lot of disposable income at the time so it was a modest sum, but i have essentially managed to almost triple my investment. That was nice.

As a recession is long overdue and has been artificially postponed, i'm not particularly optimistic about a controlled collapse. It might get pretty bad, 2008 levels. Experience teaches the common way for governments to stimulate the economy in such a way is investing into infrastructure, so that's where i'll hedge my bet. Safe investment.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Still saving up to buy real estate. I will inherit some soon which will give me a boost but the prices will only go up and up here in central Europe around the big cities.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org

View attachment 30784
There are other types of investments one can make outside of traditional stock/precious metals. Collectables can be a fulfilling investment, and if you manage to get into something ahead of the curve you can sell off parts of your collection off for a good return later on. Find something you're genuinely into, it'll make researching new items to add (aka "investment opportunities") fun.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
There are other types of investments one can make outside of traditional stock/precious metals. Collectables can be a fulfilling investment, and if you manage to get into something ahead of the curve you can sell off parts of your collection off for a good return later on. Find something you're genuinely into, it'll make researching new items to add (aka "investment opportunities") fun.
yeah that's the whole draw of ewaste. some single items of my ewaste people will pay over $1k for, but I like it more than money (at the moment) :D

Virtual Cafe Awards