Agora Movie Night

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
Have discussed setting up a semi-regular(weekly?) movie night w/ agorans w a few people in the chat

Would likely use https://kast.gg/ to stream films from my home.

We could make threads and discuss films to watch etc... as well as discuss in chat or forum afterwards.

It would be pretty neat IMO and we could hit some rather bland night like Mon/Tues(though i know we arent all in the same timezone) so as not to infringe on real life activities.

Is anyone interested?

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
What kind of movies were you thinking of? We could stick to the supposed theme of this forum and limit ourselves to only vaporware/cyberpunk/internetcore stuff, but that's a pretty limited selection.
Maybe it would be better to set a theme for each week (sci-fi, action, comedy, etc.), collect recommendations, and then vote on what people recommend.

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
What kind of movies were you thinking of? We could stick to the supposed theme of this forum and limit ourselves to only vaporware/cyberpunk/internetcore stuff, but that's a pretty limited selection.
Maybe it would be better to set a theme for each week (sci-fi, action, comedy, etc.), collect recommendations, and then vote on what people recommend.
how bout we start there, generally, and move forward in the future. we can just have a continual discussion about it, no?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Cool idea! Probably won't be able to participate much because of my time zone, but I like community stuff like this
I think that I'm in the same boat as you. It's a great idea though, and I totally would join in case the schedules happen to align.

zalaz alaza

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
Darn, I still have to get an adapter to connect to my Critical Race Theory television...
Speaking of time zone though, is there some way we could alternate?
Hey this is a good idea if other folks want to stream also. I know @Jessica3cho offered but he is relatively close to me(3 hr difference).

Also, lets come up list for a test next week or the first week of July.

I was thinking of streaming Repo Man as it is a favorite of mine and I have been real into it lately but I know some folks, at least @Thermite , have just recently watched also. So maybe so alternatives could be good keeping w/ @№56 suggestion. That list for me includes things like

Blade Runner
A Scanner Darkly
A Boy and his Dog
Lawnmower Man

any of you guys have input or suggestions, again my idea is Repo Man but we can totally switch it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Hey this is a good idea if other folks want to stream also. I know @Jessica3cho offered but he is relatively close to me(3 hr difference).

Also, lets come up list for a test next week or the first week of July.

I was thinking of streaming Repo Man as it is a favorite of mine and I have been real into it lately but I know some folks, at least @Thermite , have just recently watched also. So maybe so alternatives could be good keeping w/ @№56 suggestion. That list for me includes things like

Blade Runner
A Scanner Darkly
A Boy and his Dog
Lawnmower Man

any of you guys have input or suggestions, again my idea is Repo Man but we can totally switch it.
The Crow. :JahySmug:

Virtual Cafe Awards
it love to but id probably forget the time and the movies would be to good for my little 8th grade mind to understand
It's okay, we'll start with easy stuff like David Lynch

Virtual Cafe Awards