The Agora Road is a time capsule to preserve the present for a future in need

夢遊病者

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"Listen,- we're all alive at the same time right now. That's not a given.
In 25 years, many of us will be gone. So please: Post with manner, and in a way that is sustainable for posterity."

Just like in the real world, the virutal landscapes are littered en masse with junk daily. And there's nothing we can do about it.
Agora Road is a place where people can seek refugee of the junk and post about things they care about and think there is value in discussing them. It's rather beautiful, really, and I'm thankful this little place exists. I wish for it to continue existing for many years to come. It's because the people here share the same perspective on posting as the random guy I quoted in the beginning.
As we know, the more years pass, the bigger the issues we face become, and more rile up. With the Age of the Internet, communication is at its fastest, and useful information needs to be accessible when needed. This isn't exclusive to crucial, life-or-death deciding information though! Perserving art is the second greatest thing to have emerged from the Wired. Stories, music, paintings, movies, video games, photography, all of that needs to be perserved at any cost, as it's essential to the salvation of humanity as a whole, if we are to be saved at all.

This thread is for these valuable things. If you think there is something you want to leave behind for yourself or a stranger in the far far future, this is the place to post it. Feel free to post anything, really, as long as you believe it to be important or of value. Something you want to leave behind for a better, or worse future.

If there is one thing I'd like to perserve first, then it's this site. It encapsulates what makes the Webspace great and discusses what makes it terrible at the same time. If I ever become a teacher of IT for kids, one of the first things I'd teach them is how to browse and understand it properly, how to use it and not let it use you, and then online/data privacy. All the rest'll follow naturally if they are curious enough! :)

Alright. Make backups, listen to nice music, get some fresh air, enjoy life. Got nothing else to add to this. The world loves you, Traveller! See you around!

Reaction score
Awards
I love when people gives agora road more credit than it really deserves, we are not a big deal, and yet people treat the forum as we are the last bastion of salvation on the internet, besides you are the one who is gonna die in 25 years, i'm gonna be relaxed in Eindhover with a beer, still yeah, i want to post something for future generations:
A

68f.png

1649974252784.jpg

1647296940050.png

1365189952447.png

1654092350298.png

de3 (1).png

e6b.png

Eqp5WqpXUAU6mzJ.png

f56.jpg

frepno-homestuck.gif

FSqhrBWUUAAb8hj.jpeg

laugh-about-it-cry-about-it.gif

marina.jpg

stinky_ghost.png

tumblr_dca387cdbfa9d3d24bb69f486c98ff5c_e7facea6_540.jpg

unknown.png

tumblr_6ad93df64b53871d5cac7391af23c792_8020b0f8_640.png

ursed doujin.JPG

unnamed (10).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (3).png

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.png

vinejoel-frenspinturbo.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
I will have a leave of multiple things, as a gen Z person who grew up in a third world country. I experienced alot of stuff which I would say are good cause of nostalgia.

I will post my collection of things I care about I guess. As a collector , these things hold memory . Alot of it . I have a notebook which I will leave In too . So I will be both on the internet and outside.

Still a teenager, probably have alot more to experience but will still leave my mark

Attachments

• memories.jpg
    memories.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 69
Virtual Cafe Awards

夢遊病者

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I love when people gives agora road more credit than it really deserves, we are not a big deal, and yet people treat the forum as we are the last bastion of salvation on the internet, besides you are the one who is gonna die in 25 years, i'm gonna be relaxed in Eindhover with a beer, still yeah, i want to post something for future generations
I love this website but its much less important than op made it out to be lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I've got to disagree with you on this one.
By all standards, of course, I doubt anything said here will ever have an effect on the larger world as a whole; in such a sense, it means nothing.
The same can also be said, however, for most every conversation people have during their lifetimes.
Would they therefore also mean nothing? I want to believe otherwise.

Personally, I like reading through old websites, on the few times which I have done so, and learning whatever "wisdom" --if you can call it that-- which these ancients had.
Any writings in which people put effort into can contain something of value; I'm sure that the ice chewer forums could be plenty enlightening, I've you just gave it a chance:

It is at least a shame when these things aren't preserved, in case someone of my ilk really did want to discover what people had to say about such niche subjects.
Take this forum, which seemed to only be online for a few months:
DONT LET THE FLAME DIE OUT.jpg

God, I can't stop bringing AIR up, can I? It's been rent free in my mind for so long now. I'm going to watch the adaptation soon, so maybe that will give me some closure
I was trying to reference it for another thread I posted in, only to be met by no luck, as well as a lack of archival.
Disappointing.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the only person who cares about this sort of thing. I'm still going to stand by it, though, even if that is the case.
I remember a thread on (I think it was) /v/, in which the discussion was focused on some roman bathroom stall from over 2000 years ago -- graffiti intact, and everything.
It really was interesting seeing just how much everyday culture has both changed and stayed the same over the course of two millennia.
If nothing else, I want to believe that all of these things, across all places, from online to IRL, can give some sort of meaning to someone.
For that reason, I just can't say that it's not "important". It means something to me
(I think (I have NOT thought this through as much as others have about their strong opinions please don't argue back:AquaCry:))

Last edited by a moderator:

夢遊病者

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It wasn't in my intention to make it out to be this great thing but I see now that I completely failed in that regard, my bad!

I don't know. Maybe I'm the only person who cares about this sort of thing. I'm still going to stand by it, though, even if that is the case.
I remember a thread on (I think it was) /v/, in which the discussion was focused on some roman bathroom stall from over 2000 years ago -- graffiti intact, and everything.
It really was interesting seeing just how much everyday culture has both changed and stayed the same over the course of two millennia.
If nothing else, I want to believe that all of these things, across all places, from online to IRL, can give some sort of meaning to someone.
For that reason, I just can't say that it's not "important". It means something to me
(I think (I have NOT thought this through as much as others have about their strong opinions please don't argue back:AquaCry:))
Don't worry friend, I initially made the thread to cherish and share "easy to lose" things and leave it as a sort of time capsule with a collection of these things. Sadly I screwed up and forgot to even mention the time capsule aspect. I guess that mishap just happens when you've spent your entire life lurking forums instead of actually posting. Both the links you posted (and all the other stuff that was posted in here already) were what I initially had in mind, so I don't mind the screw-up. Good stuff man!