i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have played and bought a lot of mobile games, I consider them to have the same potential of quality and value equivalent to PC or console games, however the way app store environments are and the casual market, it just makes finding good stuff really hard as the most downloaded games are usually just free apps that are just money sinks or just ad players with nasty psychological manipulation to keep a person drugged up on serotonin or whatever makes a person addicted.

I hate the fact that whenever I play some mobile games, I can't help but think that they could be so much more, there could be so many unique stories and experiences that could be done by being a handheld device using only touch controls and/or gyroscope and/or camera. But no, studios rather make something that can make a steady stream of income in the long run than a "flash in the pan."

I have made a rule for myself to buy games as they're usually of better quality and no ads, and because of that I have had some really awesome experiences. If the app stores (especially Apple's) had a way to show sales/discounts like steam maybe people might be interested in buying good mobile games.

Also a list of my favorite mobile games so far:
  • Wayward Souls - Rougelike soulslike pixel art goodness. The most dark souls game I ever played on my phone.
  • Downwell - Need I say more?
  • Desert Golfing - 6474 holes down, 3526 more to go
  • Card Thief - Super hard card game
  • Spaceplan - Quality idle clicker
  • Kittens Game - Idle clicker I'm currently playing. I cant put it down, and no ads
  • Universal Paperclips - HYPNODRONES
  • Literally any game published by Devolver Digital
  • Xibalba - A free short Aztec doomclone, I can't get enough of this game.
  • Mindustry - quality factorio like for phones, takes a while to get used to.
  • Dandara - great metroidvania
  • Cytus - Good rhythm game series
  • The Room series - Quality puzzle games dripping with atmosphere
Nitrome stuff, Sky children of light, World of goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource machine, Dead cells, Civ VI, Final Fantasy and dragon quest ports. Makes me angry while as the mobile technology is evolving, we see junk instead of quality caterings making the browsing through Google Play painful. I wish for ports of Rez, Child of Eden(Amazing underrated gem which it could benefit from touch screen controlls like Rez), Lumines, the steins gate vn come to west. No. Another voodoo junk or match 3 carbon copy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Here is a list of games i would like to come to mobile
* Rest of Myst series with remastered graphics.
* Submachine series.
* A mario vs Donkey kong game which is perfect for touch screen
* Sayonara Wild Hearts port for Android. The selection is lacking of new games
* Zero escape vn series. Japanese developers already publish ports of games.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I have played and bought a lot of mobile games, I consider them to have the same potential of quality and value equivalent to PC or console games, however the way app store environments are and the casual market, it just makes finding good stuff really hard as the most downloaded games are usually just free apps that are just money sinks or just ad players with nasty psychological manipulation to keep a person drugged up on serotonin or whatever makes a person addicted.

I hate the fact that whenever I play some mobile games, I can't help but think that they could be so much more, there could be so many unique stories and experiences that could be done by being a handheld device using only touch controls and/or gyroscope and/or camera. But no, studios rather make something that can make a steady stream of income in the long run than a "flash in the pan."

I have made a rule for myself to buy games as they're usually of better quality and no ads, and because of that I have had some really awesome experiences. If the app stores (especially Apple's) had a way to show sales/discounts like steam maybe people might be interested in buying good mobile games.

Also a list of my favorite mobile games so far:
  • Wayward Souls - Rougelike soulslike pixel art goodness. The most dark souls game I ever played on my phone.
  • Downwell - Need I say more?
  • Desert Golfing - 6474 holes down, 3526 more to go
  • Card Thief - Super hard card game
  • Spaceplan - Quality idle clicker
  • Kittens Game - Idle clicker I'm currently playing. I cant put it down, and no ads
  • Universal Paperclips - HYPNODRONES
  • Literally any game published by Devolver Digital
  • Xibalba - A free short Aztec doomclone, I can't get enough of this game.
  • Mindustry - quality factorio like for phones, takes a while to get used to.
  • Dandara - great metroidvania
  • Cytus - Good rhythm game series
  • The Room series - Quality puzzle games dripping with atmosphere
Have a try of That Level Again, I liked it as a kid. It was a cool puzzle platformer series wherein the first two games, each level is the same basic layout but something's changed and you are given a clue to figure it out. There was only one level that was stupid, which was one where you had to tap in a Morse code message in the first one, but that's it. The third one onwards moves into a different style, having multiple levels and a story stringed along, as well as different endings which I thought was wild. I think there's a fourth one but haven't tried it. You should give those games a try

Virtual Cafe Awards

karamuki

tired occasional traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
karamuki.neocities.org
Here is a list of games i would like to come to mobile
* Rest of Myst series with remastered graphics.
* Submachine series.
* A mario vs Donkey kong game which is perfect for touch screen
* Sayonara Wild Hearts port for Android. The selection is lacking of new games
* Zero escape vn series. Japanese developers already publish ports of games.
oh Submachine no longer coming to mobile breaks my heart. I loved that series and I'm already going to buy the remastered edition when its released. I'll check out the other games you listed (in the other post) as well!

Have a try of That Level Again, I liked it as a kid. It was a cool puzzle platformer series wherein the first two games, each level is the same basic layout but something's changed and you are given a clue to figure it out. There was only one level that was stupid, which was one where you had to tap in a Morse code message in the first one, but that's it. The third one onwards moves into a different style, having multiple levels and a story stringed along, as well as different endings which I thought was wild. I think there's a fourth one but haven't tried it. You should give those games a try
just downloaded it today and started playing it. im really enjoying it so far! i always liked those weird meta games, reminds me of stuff like the Stanley Parable. Blackbox especially comes to mind but thats more puzzle than narrative.

Virtual Cafe Awards

omestic

high rollsman
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
honestly like the surge in finding and playing weird and trash mobile games probably fueled it, with the incredibly low bar it is to get an app on the app store i assume