Pre-Covid Anti-vax meme

• Thread starter quick
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 2246 times.

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not going to claim the studies conducted showing the covid vaccines may have harmful side effects were all done in good faith, but I have seen how hard anyone in the field who suggests this is immediately ostracized or has their careers come to an end.
Epstein's case really black pilled me in this regard.
I'm just looking at the catalog of journals available to me but there are thousands of publications discussing adverse effects of COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. Some examples:
Obviously, one has to separate the wheat from the chaff on these kinds of studies. I have no idea what the quality of research is in the majority of them (or studies into the effectiveness of the various vaccines for that matter). I can't imagine everyone doing this research or publishing work related to it is being excommunicated for it though.
Yeah, the term has varying popularity in different countries. What does that have to do with anything
It might indicate that something happened in 2019 in one of those countries to cause the spike in interest? As you said, the implication in your original post was that the first spike was manufactured. I've proposed what I think is a reasonable explanation for that spike (measles outbreaks in Los Angeles county) but there might be other information that I'm missing. The search term "antivax" is significantly more popular in certain parts of France than anywhere else. That seems like something worth examining to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Where have you been reading the unhinged stuff? I've certainly seen my fair share in the wild through fringe sites, but I feel like the media goes out of it's way to cherry pick/amplify lunacy in order to ridicule anyone who slightly opposes all the mandates.
But I feel you on the last part, irl I don't really bring up my vax status, because to me what's the point anyways? Going around bragging about not being jabbed is just as irritating as constantly hearing about someone else discuss how special they are because of sexuality/gender bullshit. I really don't care either way if someone has it or not. It's a "you do you" kinda thing, but unfortunately it seems no one wants to leave it at that.
Mostly Twitter. I have a throwaway account there just to read posts that some forecasters I respect make, and invariably they're in the comments of anything related to covid, claiming "nobody ever died of a virus" and shit like that. Some look kinda botty but there's a lot of blatantly very real people saying this too.

I typically feel the same way though. If someone's had it there's no point shouting at them about how they made a shit decision, they can't magically unvaccinate themselves - same thing goes for telling people to have it that don't want it to have it. It's all manufactured bollocks and pretty much everyone's made their mind up at this point, so it baffles me why we're still talking about it as a society. People seem to be largely moving on from covid anyway so why's anyone gonna change their viewpoint in 2022?

Virtual Cafe Awards

quick

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It might indicate that something happened in 2019 in one of those countries to cause the spike in interest? As you said, the implication in your original post was that the first spike was manufactured. I've proposed what I think is a reasonable explanation for that spike (measles outbreaks in Los Angeles county) but there might be other information that I'm missing. The search term "antivax" is significantly more popular in certain parts of France than anywhere else. That seems like something worth examining to me.
Okay, I get what you're saying

Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed this before and posted about it on other sites, so I'm glad to see someone else point it out. I definitely saw this trend slightly before 2019, maybe in the last 5-6 years.
It is real suspicious that everyone one day started to mock people being against vaccinations, and conflating it with other widely-mocked conspiracy theories like flat earth etc. It came out of nowhere too; before the memes started nobody was really aware of this huge population of vaccine skeptics that apparently flood FB.
Then when recent events happened, people started to use the same term to describe an entirely different group of people, who never previously existed, but this automatically associated this new group with the same baggage. In other words, people were primed, even before covid, to be hostile towards anyone who was skeptical of any kind of jab.
By the way, this is why they use the shortened term "anti-vax" - it's to blur the distinction between "anti-vaccine" (the alleged covid one) vs "anti-vaccines" (vaccines in general). It also explains why they absolutely insist on calling the new jab a vaccination despite its having nothing to do with the previous definition, and why they have updated all of the dictionaries in the last couple of years. TPTB needed the general population to believe that these two groups of people are the same and share the same ideology, which has already been primed for mass ridicule.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
and why they have updated all of the dictionaries in the last couple of years.
This is a rather disturbing trend I've noticed over the years as well. I don't really recall the dictionaries being similarly politicized in the 2000's, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. Understandably language/words evolve as time goes on, but a lot of these altered definitions seem to be nothing more than them doing narrative control or forcefully pushing new ideals (particularly in regards to race/gender/sexuality.) It's public gaslighting at it's finest.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
I have noticed this before and posted about it on other sites, so I'm glad to see someone else point it out. I definitely saw this trend slightly before 2019, maybe in the last 5-6 years.
It is real suspicious that everyone one day started to mock people being against vaccinations, and conflating it with other widely-mocked conspiracy theories like flat earth etc. It came out of nowhere too; before the memes started nobody was really aware of this huge population of vaccine skeptics that apparently flood FB.
This might be the case where you are located but I'd like to reiterate that the general antivax idea (i.e., the MMR vaccine as a cause for autism) has been around since at least 1998. It was definitely a matter of discussion local to me (in California) long before some posters on this forum were born and long before any World Economic Forum dweeb had uttered the words, "great reset." I really truly think that it is not, "really suspicious," that people in other places became aware of it. Unless a better explanation arises I also think it is not suspicious that 2019 was a breakout year for the antivax meme (due to measles outbreaks). I'm actually a little shocked so many people seem to have been unaware of this.
Then when recent events happened, people started to use the same term to describe an entirely different group of people, who never previously existed, but this automatically associated this new group with the same baggage. In other words, people were primed, even before covid, to be hostile towards anyone who was skeptical of any kind of jab.
There really needs to be some evidence presented that anyone was primed. It's not enough to justify this kind of assumption by stating that one event preceded another. Yes, anti-vaccine parents were a matter of discussion in 2019. Yes, this is prior to COVID becoming well known. Where's the proof that this was done on the direction of any party and not a natural occurrence?
By the way, this is why they use the shortened term "anti-vax" - it's to blur the distinction between "anti-vaccine" (the alleged covid one) vs "anti-vaccines" (vaccines in general).
If we expand the search terms from the OP we can see that "antivax" and "anti-vax" as well as "anti-vaccine" and "anti-vaccines" correlate going back all the way to 2004. Who is trying to blur this distinction? It doesn't seem like one ever existed in the minds of most interested people.

As an interesting aside, it seems like "anti-vaccine" and "anti-vaccines" are more popular search terms in the English-speaking world while "antivax" and "anti-vax" are more popular outside of it. "antivax" is by far the most powerful of these queries. Perhaps "antivax" has simply become common slang or been taken as a loanword in other languages?
TPTB needed the general population to believe that these two groups of people are the same and share the same ideology, which has already been primed for mass ridicule.
Just to conclude, why do you think this? Is there evidence that hasn't been posted supporting the assumption that someone is deliberately priming the general public to hate anyone who is skeptical of vaccines?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Just to conclude, why do you think this? Is there evidence that hasn't been posted supporting the assumption that someone is deliberately priming the general public to hate anyone who is skeptical of vaccines?
The rhetoric coming out of the media and politicians against those who refused to get the covid shot were pretty aggressive in the beginning. Maybe it's not some grand elaborate plot from the top down to deliberately make people hate those unvaccinated against covid, but the sentiment is certainly ingrained in the west one way or the other. Tell a normie you don't trust the covid vaccines/don't have it and they'll usually give you an odd look, their demeanor towards you will change in an instant.

Although I can't find specific examples at the moment (phone posting to pass time lul) you'd see influencers on Twitter get astroturfed into trending and other public figures/politicians make it seem as if those not getting the covid vaccines were selfish and directly responsible for killing people as a result. You can't really go around saying such extreme things and not expect it to have an impact on the public consciousness. If you had to characterize the typical covid/lockdown skeptic only based on how they are reported on in the MSM, then by all standards you'd have a pretty unfavorable individual, which goes to show how well the propaganda is working.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
The rhetoric coming out of the media and politicians against those who refused to get the covid shot were pretty aggressive in the beginning. Maybe it's not some grand elaborate plot from the top down to deliberately make people hate those unvaccinated against covid, but the sentiment is certainly ingrained in the west one way or the other. Tell a normie you don't trust the covid vaccines/don't have it and they'll usually give you an odd look, their demeanor towards you will change in an instant.
I have no problem agreeing that much of the public commentary on COVID-19 related events is exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous. I think that aggressive is actually a massive understatement. I had close friends refuse to talk to me for months on end because I told them I wasn't going to run out and get a new vaccine. I was told by my parents that if I wanted to go outside (even for work or education) I was not only killing myself but killing them. Unfortunately, I don't think this is a top down conspiracy. I think that these people, who I care about, acted this way of their own volition. They're all grown adults. They're not puppets of a shadow government in some kind of cyberpunk fantasy. In my opinion, that's more depressing. I wish I could believe everyone I care about actually cares about me the same way but it's not so. I refuse to absolve adults of their actions. These people are not automatons with no agency of their own. People who buy (or worse parrot) this kind of extreme rhetoric are responsible for their own actions. There's no excuse for being unable to apply critical thinking skills if you're an adult.

As far as speaking to random people in public, I don't think that anyone where I live would care that I'm not vaccinated anymore. 6 months ago they absolutely would have had a nuclear freakout but most people have moved on from COVID. These days it's all about Putin and gas prices. Experiences on that will probably vary depending on where you live.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Swordlike

S = kB logW
Reaction score
Awards
Anti vaxx for kids was big in San Diego for at least a decade. There was a doc who wrote over 60% of the school exemptions in the COUNTY for crunchy moms with cash for their precious children, who then went on to schools with relatively insular upper class populations, where more than half the kids were similarly unvaxxed. They caused and still cause ongoing measles outbreaks. The doc was shut down late 2019 and her license suspended. But damn... just to think, religions exemption from vax was a huge thing in upper-middle class white communities for a while. It stems from vaccinez = autism proposed link by a story proven false multiple times, but they bossbabe crunchy moms don't care.

COVID vax was a bit different, with how it was politicized and mishandled and sketchy as hell overall. Some are lucky to have gotten a non-MRA vaccine but damn. I can't imagine not having a choice, like in Canada.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cuneicorn

on the spectrum of love
Reaction score
Awards
The French are notoriously enthusiastic about alternative medicine, with somewhere near a third of the country believing in homeopathy iirc.

As for vaccines, covid took me from from blindly pro to staunchly against. Hearing about people having adverse reactions to the mrna poison reminded me of my bad experience with the last vaccine I took. My highschool shilled it hard - no doubt thanks to big pharma money - despite it being banned in India after killing several tribal girls during testing. Japan banned combined MMR years ago, I think because of thimerosal, which is what I would expect from a country that actually gives a shit about its people. As someone with autism the link to vaccines via chronic neuroinflammation seems pretty plausible to me, even if Wakefield himself was a hack. Not to mention that most vaccines are cultured in aborted fetal tissue, i.e. murdered babies. The whole thing is just Satanic tbh, and requiring childhood vaccination is just going to accelerate the growth of extremist home schooling and further polarise society between nihilists and believers. The problem is older than covid, too; forgive me for being skeptical of Salk, the Jewish eugenicist who invented the polio vaccine.

Edit: From what I've read, right-wingers have been complaining about compulsory inoculation since it became a thing. For example, Eugen Dühring blamed greedy doctors (of a certain persuasion) for pushing the smallpox vaccine in the 1880s. I'm sure it's only cohencidence that doctors of the same persuasion funded the Wuhan lab (Daszak), ran the CDC (Walensky), and cooked up the mrna vaccines - yes, even the Russian one!

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
If my memory serves me correctly, I heard about the ati-vax movement way before 2019 on R*ddit. That being said, this was not fully reflective of my local reality. I am pretty sure that before COVID, people did not cared much about vaccination status, or at the very least was not brought up often.

During my teens, I was often browsing the conspiracy subr*diit to get inspiration for a game I made. There was lot of people speculating that there was going to be global pandemic way before 2019. Apparently it was even called out by Bill Gates.

That being said, you don't need to be a nuclear engineer to realize that our globalized world would make plague spread more easily. The Plague Inc game was a thing way before the Corona.

Even if the spike was manufactured, it clearly did not reach most people in my area. That being said, once Covid rolled in, most people where suddently pro-vaccine. I believe that this is a natural outcome. Covid was very disruptive to normal life and Covid was sold as a "go back to normal" solution (lol). It makes sense that people wanted to get out of that nightmare quickly.

As for myself, I took the vaccine but I waited a few months before dong it. It became clear very fast that Covid vaccine were NOT made equal. I doubt this is malice and probably more a result to being rushed out.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I made a dumb post about this in another thread about the covid vaccine but I can probably give some insight.

I have undulated from pro- to anti- to pro- when it comes to vaccines a bunch. I was pro during the whole "muh autism" phase of the anti-vax movement, but I was specifically anti-vax during the last pandemic (swine flu). Swine flu was a pissy little disease, absolutely irrelevant on the scale of things - they rushed out a vaccine, I was like "nah cuz this is rushed, and for what" and lol, it caused narcolepsy in a bunch of people. No big surprise there. This is pretty much my default take on vaccines for the most part, I'm fine to have them if the risk factors are known *and* I think I need them. Swine flu vaccine scored really low in both those columns. I had a "Fight the Jab" poster in my room in 2009, I was pretty serious about it for a teenager.

Covid though? I've had glass lung pneumonia before and it fucking sucks. I had pneumonia a bunch as a kid, and the last bout I had was glass-lung (and weirdly similar to reported covid symptoms, but in 2011) and it was brutal, I pretty much spent two weeks screaming in pain every time I took a breath and they didn't give me fucking shit to deal with it.

Didn't fancy being in that situation again. Took both AstraZeneca shots when it came available to me, before they announced the blood clots in under-40s thing, spent 10 weeks worrying I was gonna drop dead randomly - nothing happened. I went and took one booster of Moderna after that cause the protection figures of that particular combination looked better than anything else in the studies. Still haven't had covid, but I don't really think that's down to the vaccine so much as it is to me not socializing stupidly. I really, really don't like getting sick.

Would I have another booster? Fuck no. I've yet to see any benefit to putting even more of that shit in me. Would I take a proper, sterilizing vaccine that had been tested at a normal pace? Hell yes. Do I feel any affinity to the current crop of 'anti-vaxxers' having been one in the past? No fucking way, the difference between the movement in 2009 and 2020-22 is insane. The proportion of people spouting single-digit IQ shit is way higher and the caliber of people behind it now is abysmal compared to the swine flu days.

I still think taking untested vaccines is typically a dumb idea (the other column gotta be pretty high to negate that), but I sure as hell wouldn't talk about it in public because I don't want to be associated with some of the frankly unhinged posting I've read online from the current anti-vax crowd. People have every right to be suspicious of medical establishment groupthink, but some of the shit I've seen is denying shit like germ theory. Pushing a pre-Victorian mindset is bonkers.
I remember swine flu being a big thing in the UK news when I was a kid. I got it eventually and was sick but not much, however one of my friends almost died from it. I think the UK had it much worse than elsewhere.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've certainly seen my fair share in the wild through fringe sites, but I feel like the media goes out of it's way to cherry pick/amplify lunacy in order to ridicule anyone who slightly opposes all the mandates.
Moreso that that, I think most of the dumbest and loudest takes are created as controlled opposition. Think flat earth

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
As I remember there were a few media pieces pre covid about young children dying of measles, so that could explain it. Some of my relatives were anti vax for a while a long time ago, because of the autism study, so my parents were pretty well versed in studies about it to argue with them. I think its funny that the anti-anti vax thing was supposed to be a psyop because almost immediately after it was announced that vaccines where being developed for covid, conservative americans including politicians immediately began saying that the vax was poison. before it was even being rolled out. Its not that complicated, the covid vaccine is not immediately more dangerous than covid, but the future is obviously unclear. Anything could happen and it wouldn't be anyones fault. Personally I beleve that the labs were directed by actual researchers, not genocidal maniacs, and any possible side effects are due to necessity at best and incompetence at worst. I mean I have three covid jabs and all the rest and I am not dying of a heart attack or blood clot. Hell, my grandma is partially immunocompromized and she survived covid with one jab. Maybe it was just luck, or maybe it wasn't.

Virtual Cafe Awards