R*ddit Cringe

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
imagine having bots and other similarly lonely nerds as the only ones to talk to. Unironically need to go outside and touch grass. Honestly, if they got off the computer for a month they would fix their lives.
It's crazy just how many modern problems could be alleviated or eliminated if people could just spend less time online, but they won't. Goes to show just how weak willed people are, on average. Sad, really.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
It's crazy just how many modern problems could be alleviated or eliminated if people could just spend less time online, but they won't. Goes to show just how weak willed people are, on average. Sad, really.
This sounds nice, but every time I try to meet people my own age at some social event I end up having to talk to men whose entire personality is downloaded from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk/twitter and women who are the physical embodiment of their tumblr feed. "Online" people never stop being "online," even if they're outside and have their phone put away, and if you're around them you have to be "online" as well if you want to be sociable. It's a vicious circle. The only time I ever feel "offline" anymore is when I'm by myself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This sounds nice, but every time I try to meet people my own age at some social event I end up having to talk to men whose entire personality is downloaded from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk/twitter and women who are the physical embodiment of their tumblr feed. "Online" people never stop being "online," even if they're outside and have their phone put away, and if you're around them you have to be "online" as well if you want to be sociable. It's a vicious circle. The only time I ever feel "offline" anymore is when I'm by myself.
Oh I agree completely. Being terminally online is not something that can be cured by a day of sunlight. But I do genuinely believe that if these people were denied internet access for a while (a month or more) they'd see positive effects in socialization and mental health, though. Being cut off from the feed for long enough will inspire original thoughts even in the most vapid NPCs.

Also, if that's really been your experience you should try meeting people in different places. I recently had to move to a new city for work, and while it's taken some time I've definitely met some people that I liked, and plenty more who have actual personalities.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3990

imagine having bots and other similarly lonely nerds as the only ones to talk to. Unironically need to go outside and touch grass. Honestly, if they got off the computer for a month they would fix their lives.
Could you stop using Twitter terminology please. It's bothersomely cringey.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
This isn't cringe dude, this is just sad.
Honestly yeah it is. I posted it because of a particular post this guy made in my uni's subbreddit and the posts in the screencap above proved just how stupid he was being.

Virtual Cafe Awards
we unironically need for there to be a system that drags these internet-loons off the computer, gives them a beating to reset their OS, and forces them into a sort of fat-camp for the internet-addicted. It's the only thing that will save them from themselves.
Could you stop using Twitter terminology please. It's bothersomely cringey.
Lmao no.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 33844
Just this once, >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk can be pretty cool
>damn I signed this contract willingly that said I wouldn't get paid oh man how can these "exploitive companies" do this

>damn I went to the car dealer and this expensive luxury car had a sign on it that said 300k$ so I went ahead and bought it I think I got scammed because at the end I had to pay 300k$ for this car just like it was advertised

Bunch of retarded, coddled kiddies that are too stupid to understand basic liberties.

Virtual Cafe Awards

VelvetApe

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
>damn I signed this contract willingly that said I wouldn't get paid oh man how can these "exploitive companies" do this

>damn I went to the car dealer and this expensive luxury car had a sign on it that said 300k$ so I went ahead and bought it I think I got scammed because at the end I had to pay 300k$ for this car just like it was advertised

Bunch of retarded, coddled kiddies that are too stupid to understand basic liberties.

Unpaid internships are bullshit though. I think If you're contributing to the functioning of a for-profit organisation you should get paid for it.

To that end I'm okay with people messing around with a big corp to gain interview skills until they can pony up at least some subsistence wage for people who already want to start at the bottom.

As for car dealership example, yeah fuck 'em. Debt is bad, I don't know why people go for it so doggedly. If anyone can shed some light on why people do, let me know because it's kind of alien to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Unpaid internships are bullshit though. I think If you're contributing to the functioning of a for-profit organisation you should get paid for it.
Then don't apply for one if you don't think that's fair.
The wonders of a liberal society under capitalism allow individuals to freely choose who they make contracts with and only absolute retards (i.e. r*dditors) seethe at two sovereign citizens consenting on a contract on the behalf of one of them.

I think the only valid vector of criticism here is that some university degrees require you to do one ore more internships and depending on the field you might just not find a company offering a paid one so you're more or less forced by external factors but that's hardly the company's fault.

The main reason the r*dditor (and anyone agreeing) is in the wrong here is that companies are upfront about it being unpaid and aside from the example above, no one gets forced to take one. Going to an interview with the hidden intent not to take the offer however is the asshole move here and the air of righteousness around it is utter cringe.
You don't get to police how two consenting parties design their contracts.

56b.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
So talk of beastiality reminded me of something i heard in a SJW-ish class i took, and so i went to look it up. wikipedea is usually a decent place to start when researching, since it's a nice jumping off point to get into better research, but then the link redirected.
footnote 28 is where i meant to click to get more in depth on this topic, but low and behold what the link redirects to for me...

So this is now reuters cringe thread

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Here's a retarded subreddit I found while I was looking for big boobs women subreddits:

ohhh nooooo i hate having these huge badonkers haha these massive milkers are such a pain woooow did i mention my fat squishy titties btw

Virtual Cafe Awards