Vapor metal when?

l0nlym1lk

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ok so for some context I am a massive metal head but I also like a fair share of vaporwave as well. I recently listened to the album Zone eater vs Sea of dogs or something like that and I thought it was a really good blend of that compressed cassette distorted vaporwave sound with a pounding death metal rhythms and vocals. I love this album however cannot find any albums similar to this one.
basically this is a call to action for people to make more vapor-metal albums.
If anyone knows albums similar to the sea of dogs one please also let me know!
thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to read this.

Attachments

• ab67616d0000b273955bab1ea31c93d6907ef026.jpg
    ab67616d0000b273955bab1ea31c93d6907ef026.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 166
Virtual Cafe Awards

Adrenochrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
To me the obvious contender in this category would be Fire-Toolz. It definitely has a metal edge. Another project by the same artist, Nonlocal Forecast, has that vapor/jazz-fusion thing nailed if that interests you, the drums are very ''metal'' to me. Same goes for some Barchboi albums. Thank you for posting that album btw, I knew Sea of Dogs but I never heard that collab album before.

Virtual Cafe Awards

l0nlym1lk

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
To me the obvious contender in this category would be Fire-Toolz. It definitely has a metal edge. Another project by the same artist, Nonlocal Forecast, has that vapor/jazz-fusion thing nailed if that interests you, the drums are very ''metal'' to me. Same goes for some Barchboi albums. Thank you for posting that album btw, I knew Sea of Dogs but I never heard that collab album before.
first of all, ur welcome
Second thanks for the recommendations I will give them a proper dive

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but vista of chaos by white gavriel has some metal like quality and is just really awesome even on it's own

Attachments

• Vista of chaos.png
    Vista of chaos.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 72
Virtual Cafe Awards

MisterSeen

Cup and Ball Hog
Reaction score
Awards
I was also looking for music mixing these two genres myself a while back as a fan of both, and during my search I came across this album. It's far more vapourwavey than the one you posted, but it's nonetheless a very interesting mix of the genre's pitched down vocals and spacey, distant sound with slow distorted doom metal riffs. Definitely recommended if you're looking for some metallic vapourwave.

View: https://wisteriatn.bandcamp.com/album/le-m-morial

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
Ok so for some context I am a massive metal head but I also like a fair share of vaporwave as well. I recently listened to the album Zone eater vs Sea of dogs or something like that and I thought it was a really good blend of that compressed cassette distorted vaporwave sound with a pounding death metal rhythms and vocals. I love this album however cannot find any albums similar to this one.
Trha has been doing it for me w/ metal lately and has a similar aesthetic IMO, though it is very distinctly not "vapormetal" just inhabits some mutual emotional space for me. The guy sings about fairies in a language he made up , i guess its nonsense but its so good.

Virtual Cafe Awards

l0nlym1lk

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Trha has been doing it for me w/ metal lately and has a similar aesthetic IMO, though it is very distinctly not "vapormetal" just inhabits some mutual emotional space for me. The guy sings about fairies in a language he made up , i guess its nonsense but its so good.

This sounds really interesting. Thanks so much for the suggestion I will give it a go and see how it is

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
今思うと、ジャンル間のクロスオーバーが少ないのが不思議です。メタルは、ヴェイパーウェーブがインスピレーションを得る期間を定義しました

Virtual Cafe Awards

MisterSeen

Cup and Ball Hog
Reaction score
Awards
今思うと、ジャンル間のクロスオーバーが少ないのが不思議です。メタルは、ヴェイパーウェーブがインスピレーションを得る期間を定義しました
I think the main reason they've been so rarely mixed is due to major basic stylistic differences in the two genres. One is known for a very mellow, laidback, and dreamy sound, whereas the other is one of the most loud and aggressive styles of music out there. Obviously there are exceptions in both cases, but they're somewhat few and far between, and generally the exception that proves the rule.

You make a good point on metal being a defining sound of the time period Vapourwave draws from. It certainly was very popular throughout the mid-late 80s, albeit in a much more accessible and poppy form with bands like Motley Crue and Twisted Sister. That makes me think: what would Vapour-Hair Metal sound like?

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
You make a good point on metal being a defining sound of the time period Vapourwave draws from. It certainly was very popular throughout the mid-late 80s, albeit in a much more accessible and poppy form with bands like Motley Crue and Twisted Sister. That makes me think: what would Vapour-Hair Metal sound like?
A couple of Machinae Supremacy tracks come to mind:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFVnwR5C07I

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E_XUmSLRG4

Virtual Cafe Awards

nakadashi

Horny on main.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
kuro-neko.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

phaeder

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Holy crap that album kicks ass! Now I want to make some vapormetal.

Virtual Cafe Awards