Unpopular Opinions

Reaction score
Awards
i think the real issue is that is highly likely they are putting on a persona or don't even live in your country
Might or not, there is not an actual investigation on catfishing, so the best thing you can do in that regard is try, life always reward the brave and the wicked, so, if she ended up being a scam, well, keep going with your life, learn from your mistakes and found someone in real life, i don't think that the medium is not important, but the interaction itself, tbh.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Might or not, there is not an actual investigation on catfishing, so the best thing you can do in that regard is try, life always reward the brave and the wicked, so, if she ended up being a scam, well, keep going with your life, learn from your mistakes and found someone in real life, i don't think that the medium is not important, but the interaction itself, tbh.
i meant less catfishing, which im sure happens to people, more just that people generally put on a different personality when they go online - but yes i agree less people should be pussies, just do it, what is there to lose, its more of an anglosphere thing to have 'crushes' i've heard, every friend i have outside of anglosphere tells me story like "i realised i liked her so i asked her out after the lesson"

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
i meant less catfishing, which im sure happens to people, more just that people generally put on a different personality when they go online - but yes i agree less people should be pussies, just do it, what is there to lose, its more of an anglosphere thing to have 'crushes' i've heard, every friend i have outside of anglosphere tells me story like "i realised i liked her so i asked her out after the lesson"
Oh see, yeah most people try to hide who they really are with a facade just to impress, or escape their own personal misery, myself? I'm even worse in real life hahahaha, i totally agree in that regard, you see, my biggest problem with people is that they are alway doubting about themselves, always asking them "noooo what if they say no" or always having self esteem attitudes or blaming others for their own mistakes, if love someone, if you like something, go and ask that person, go and take it, if you wait passively, life will never gonna reward you, you have to act first and think later, always try, if you fail, you survived, you'll learn from that, you become stronger and you will be ready for the next one, never let yourself down no matter what, be stronger and just do, i love to quote bruce lee in that "Don't think, feel" if you wait for the chance, that same chance will never occur, so hell even if the timing is shit, gain courage and confidence, and you will grab the world by the balls that way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
i meant less catfishing, which im sure happens to people, more just that people generally put on a different personality when they go online
I've been accused of this funny enough. I met someone irl after talking with them online for some time, and they said I'm like a different person. I heard that I seemed disgusted and depressed.

Granted, it probably was me just being a sperg and not saying much. I've been accused multiple times of looking dead and emotionless in my life. I only really am lively with few people in my life. Still, I find the story funny

304f72390cf4af701031b38c5e81fa57fb1ffd72e60959e7857a98df5a397b22_1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
I've been accused of this funny enough. I met someone irl after talking with them online for some time, and they said I'm like a different person. I heard that I seemed disgusted and depressed.

Granted, it probably was me just being a sperg and not saying much. I've been accused multiple times of looking dead and emotionless in my life. I only really am lively with few people in my life. Still, I find the story funny

304f72390cf4af701031b38c5e81fa57fb1ffd72e60959e7857a98df5a397b22_1.jpg
I'm surprised this hot take was the spiciest lol, but anyways, I didn't even have the catfishing enter my head until people brought it up.. My biggest issue is when people try to purposely go out of their way to find a partner online whether it's through dating apps, games, social media, etc. Very rarely are people 100% genuine on the internet, and opposed to real life it can be a lot more difficult to sniff out whether someone is putting on a facade when you don't have body language or something tangible to read in their expressions.

I have a friend in real life who is basically trapped in this loop where he meets girls through online games, flirts with them or even could 'date' them for a couple months, but then when things start to potentially become serious, the girlfriend would freak out or show a side of themselves which wasn't there before , then he'd end up single and on the hunt for another girl again. He's been in this cycle for probably 6 or 7 months, maybe more, and honestly I don't think that will change

I'm sure that like any other relationship that if it's built with time you can develop a real connection whether it's friendship or romantic. but if you're constantly going out of your way to find a partner through the internet, you're going to hit a lot more roadblocks because that fundamental part of being able to decipher real and fake isn't there when you need it most

Virtual Cafe Awards

consonant

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This:
Nagolbud should of never been banned. He's way more interesting and funny than half of you lame asses.
It should probably be accepted that free and proprietary software should coexist
Transgenderism probably would've died off as a teen fad but it was seen as something that can divide Americans so now people are made to see it as more than that
You need to understand and respect your enemies even more than your allies
Furries aren't discriminated against enough anymore
It's fine to have retarded hobbies
Take the anime out of your profile if you think it's for pedos

Virtual Cafe Awards
Sorry to go off topic, but who was Kolph?
He was a guy that everyone liked but then he shat a shit and got told to fuck off.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I am actually curious what exactly went down? I joined pretty much right after this all happened
You won't get any consistent answers, as lots of people have different answers.

Had some users who were veteran. New guy joins. Is cool for a while. Causes some shit. Shit gets whack. Some vets join new guy, some oppose new guy. New guy gets banned. Some other new guys get banned. Some vets get banned. Kolph was one of those vets.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
You won't get any consistent answers, as lots of people have different answers.

Had some users who were veteran. New guy joins. Is cool for a while. Causes some shit. Shit gets whack. Some vets join new guy, some oppose new guy. New guy gets banned. Some other new guys get banned. Some vets get banned. Kolph was one of those vets.
ahh i see. so essentially he was an oldfag that became a nagolbud follower then?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
ahh i see. so essentially he was an oldfag that became a nagolbud follower then?
Yeah, that's probably the best summary. He was alwaya up to crazy antics and probably got too carried away or something.

Virtual Cafe Awards