War in Ukraine

If something got nuked you'd know about it when you get fried. Nobody is dumb enough to fire nukes.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Their chances to score some bitches maybe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
>being vaporized on a vaporwave forum

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
It's full-fledged Wild Field in Kyiv region. In only one small forest near the village that's contested I counted: AFU, NGU, TDF, police, some famous volounteer regiments, general recon office, security service, some mysterious spec ops with strange boomsticks and lastly just murky stangers with firearms. All this mess is incessantly moving, engaing and disengaging from combat, someone's brought in, someone's brought out, and everyone constantly tries to snatch some weapons off the enemies or allies. There is no communication between anybody. If there is any kind of united command of them at all, it still doesn't really command much. The coordination is hard to pull off, when you make arrangements with someone about joint action, you'll find some other person in their place in a few hours. The forest is systematically and hysterically shelled by the enemy with varying grades of intensity and sucess. This causes everyone to spread out and then rearrange again in new configuration. Whenever the enemy tries to enter the village, they are destroyed, following that some strange types rush under the fire to loot some trophy getting smeared with blood all over them. Some are taking Russian helmets, some take photos of bodies, some write reports. A tank apperad and shot 3 Russian BTRs and then drove somewhere. The shocked infantry got shredded from 3 sides by unknown people. Whose that tank was, where it came from and where it went nobody could tell. The one idea that unites everyone like a foundation stone is to kill. This is Cossack Host brought back. That very wind from the Cold Yar that has no center of coordination and supply. Where these all people come from, where they are equipped and where they go to is unknown even to themselves. No military academy in the world would teach what to do against this. Welcome to hell. Translator's note: written by Anton Kolumbet, a soldier

Attachments

• ecbcdf326ea94f896c3795fde1fea2fae50fd627545a76d1d0203700a3ebeaec.png
    ecbcdf326ea94f896c3795fde1fea2fae50fd627545a76d1d0203700a3ebeaec.png
    989.7 KB · Views: 46
Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
It's full-fledged Wild Field in Kyiv region. In only one small forest near the village that's contested I counted: AFU, NGU, TDF, police, some famous volounteer regiments, general recon office, security service, some mysterious spec ops with strange boomsticks and lastly just murky stangers with firearms. All this mess is incessantly moving, engaing and disengaging from combat, someone's brought in, someone's brought out, and everyone constantly tries to snatch some weapons off the enemies or allies. There is no communication between anybody. If there is any kind of united command of them at all, it still doesn't really command much. The coordination is hard to pull off, when you make arrangements with someone about joint action, you'll find some other person in their place in a few hours. The forest is systematically and hysterically shelled by the enemy with varying grades of intensity and sucess. This causes everyone to spread out and then rearrange again in new configuration. Whenever the enemy tries to enter the village, they are destroyed, following that some strange types rush under the fire to loot some trophy getting smeared with blood all over them. Some are taking Russian helmets, some take photos of bodies, some write reports. A tank apperad and shot 3 Russian BTRs and then drove somewhere. The shocked infantry got shredded from 3 sides by unknown people. Whose that tank was, where it came from and where it went nobody could tell. The one idea that unites everyone like a foundation stone is to kill. This is Cossack Host brought back. That very wind from the Cold Yar that has no center of coordination and supply. Where these all people come from, where they are equipped and where they go to is unknown even to themselves. No military academy in the world would teach what to do against this. Welcome to hell. Translator's note: written by Anton Kolumbet, a soldier
That's a cozy looking forest

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Institute of war said:
Russian forces continued to withdraw from western Kherson Oblast while preparing to conduct delaying actions that will likely be only partially effective. The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Russian forces have completely abandoned their positions in Charivne and Chkalove (both approximately 33km northwest of Nova Kakhovka), and Russian officers and medics have reportedly evacuated from Beryslav.[1] The Ukrainian General Staff added that Russian forces are also removing patients from the Kakhovka Hospital on the eastern bank of the Dnipro River, likely to free up hospital beds for Russian military casualties that may result from the withdrawal across the river.[2] The Ukrainian General Staff noted that some Russian elements are preparing Kherson City for urban combat, while other servicemembers continue to flee the city via the ferry operating in the vicinity of the Antonivsky Bridge.[3] The UK Ministry of Defense reported on October 22 that Russian forces completed construction of a barge bridge alongside the damaged bridge and forecasted that the barge bridge would become a critical crossing point for Russian forces as Ukrainian forces advance toward Kherson City.[4] A large part of the Kherson City population has also reportedly left the city.[5]

Russian forces are preparing a series of delaying actions with mixed efficacy. Russian forces are likely preparing to destroy the dam at the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (KHPP), flooding and widening the Dnipro River to delay any Ukrainian advances.[6] Russian occupation authorities in Nova Kakhovka are likely attempting to moderate the resultant flooding; Nova Kakhovka Occupation head Vladimir Leontyev said on October 22 that Russian authorities are lowering the volume of water from the reservoir behind the dam to minimize damage in case the KHPP is destroyed but stayed true to the false narrative that Ukraine, not Russia, would blow the dam.[7] Ukraine has no interest destroying the dam and every interest in preserving the energy supply in newly-liberated parts of Kherson Oblast. Ukraine's Southern Operational Command reiterated that Russian military leadership has moved their officer corps across the river but left newly-mobilized men on the western bank of the Dnipro River as a detachment left in contact.[8] Using such inexperienced forces to conduct a delaying action could prompt a Russian rout if Ukrainian forces choose to press the attack, as ISW previously assessed.[9] One Russian milblogger noted that the situation in Kherson Oblast is dire for Russian troops, noting that it is "virtually impossible" for Russia to evacuate troops from the first lines of defense and that only two questions remain: how to withdraw the final front line of forces, and how to explain the withdrawal to the Russian population.[10]

TL;DR, Russia is losing ground in Kherson again, retreating and trying to fuck up civilians on the way.

Funny side story: Since the war began, Orkz have been know to loot the fuck out of Ukranian civilian homes, most frequently toilets and washing machines for aome wierd reason. Those were all pretty small scale but now they were caught looting fire trucks from a fire department which sparked the theory that looting of these big things is organized on a higher level and the booty is sold back in Russia by corrupt officials from the Army.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
All I can say about this war is that Russia mishandled everything.

They gave like 8 years for Ukraine to prepare, then they tried to scare them like it was 2014 again with a swift movement against the capital. But the problem is that Kiev had 8 years to prepare for this. They cleared out all pro-Russia and even genuine Nationalist Ukrainians so all of the government are oligarchs and their pro-EU shills.

This is after the fact that they just didn't control the region next to them and allowed a small "anti Russia" to be created. The FSB sure sucks.

Which would be okay, if Russia then took it seriously after the initial failure, but due to legal nonsense they practically used their skeleton crew and only called up the people who can be mobilized after half a year when the loses began to be bad. Oh and the Conscripts are still out of the picture for the time being. If fortune favors the bold, then it really hates people who don't take things seriously.

I guess the war will take a year or two, maybe it will just end with a frozen conflict at this point. Russia is simply too post-Soviet to properly utilize it's resources.

I don't expect NATO, or at least the US to do anything major, because if they get committed into a major war in Europe, there are a couple of countries who would gladly do their thing while the US is busy fighting the Russians. Washington cannot allow that. They lack the sheer superiority that they had in the early days of the 90s. While the technological gap has not closed completely it wouldn't be as easy to contain Iran or China now compared to what it would have been 30 years ago.

While I don't support Ukraine at all, I have to say to them that they are making a valiant effort. Of course their bravery is annoying, because it wrecks the economy here. And if push comes to shove, I will certainly not be drafted to fight for them. hell naw

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Apparently Pootin thinks Ukraine has a dirty nuke:

And apparently it's serious enough for a series of phone calls:

Virtual Cafe Awards

>__<

Where is Tiffany Dover?
Reaction score
Awards
Welp there it is. All the pro-Ukrainian cucks are getting turned into Nuke bomb shadows by Christmas and so is everyone else. Hope it was worth supporting Ukraine.
I don't understand how everyone is so blind to the fact that retaliation exists. It's like they think Russia won't want to defend themselves. People I talk to literally think you can "win" a nuclear war.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't understand how everyone is so blind to the fact that retaliation exists. It's like they think Russia won't want to defend themselves. People I talk to literally think you can "win" a nuclear war.
It's bloodlust and madness caused by the flurry of heart wrenching propaganda aimed squarely at the feelings of western people. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the human aspect of the war, and feel for the Ukrainian civilians who have zero say in this mess. I wish them all a fast evacuation to safety. Horrifyingly, I saw a couple posts on Twitter advocating for giving Ukraine medium range nukes, or for NATO to go ahead and step in on pushing Russia out of Ukraine.

All of these options lead to Nuclear death. No ifs and or Buts.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RealTomCruise

Internet Pilgrim
Reaction score
Awards
I saw a couple posts on Twitter advocating for giving Ukraine medium range nukes
"I'm not saying to give them intercontinental missiles, that would be crazy, what do you think I want, north korea? Just give them medium range nuclear missiles, enough to level a city but nothing too crazy in range"
Holy shit that's funny

I still don't quite understand the endgame of pushing all of the nuclear stuff. I can somewhat understand people wanting to send arms and supplies to Ukraine but surely nobody but the lowest of twitter users think its a good idea for Ukraine to go nuclear, no way even Zelensky would ever actually go for it despite talking a big game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3990

Wait, Russia is DEFENDING ITSELF now? Oh how the tide has turned.

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
From a dirty bomb? Yeah.
Problem is if one goes off there is no way of verifying claims and people are gonna want to start launching nukes based off various claims. It is such a monstrously reckless escalation. Fuck. Why is the future of humanity entrusted onto such few unworthy hands? I'd argue that no human hands are worthy.

Virtual Cafe Awards