Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Eldritch

Definitely Not Goth
Reaction score
Awards
The problem with phpBB is it isn't shining and doesn't scream 2020s. Which for me is a plus, but for other people may be bad
That's true, but Josh could use his NEET-powers to make a nice modern skin. At least the forum functionality is there. And phpBB has the best smileys, I miss these guys
cheer.gif
nocheer.gif
hamer.gif
every day :(

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
Why can't the kiwi's use phpBB? It's open source right so they can't be kicked off the licence like with XenForo?
I generally agree with what has already been posted about this but the word of God from Null is that no extant FOSS solution is sufficient for his purpose. It's possible, in my opinion, that this is true because Kiwifarms gets harassed more than the average forum. Another focus seems to be drop-in (or nearly drop-in) compatibility with XenForo. Realistically, I think ruforo is a big ego trip not just for Null but for some of the hardcore tech illiterates who float around his site and think he's God's gift to computers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
The problem with phpBB is it isn't shining and doesn't scream 2020s. Which for me is a plus, but for other people may be bad
This was also my bet. Zoomer brains need likes, reactions and notificaitons. That little number on the bell icon is basically the same as facebook likes and stuff. Social media tier gamification.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
It feels pretty much the same to me though.
It's similar, and I'd wager most niche internet forums that blow up face a similar fate.

This exploit has nothing to do with the programming language used, Josh has probably gaslit himself into thinking he knows what he's doing.
Josh fell into the adge of "If you repeat something enough times, everyone will believe it to be true." It's a simple cross-site scripting vulnerability that was being exploited for lols when he first launched Sneedchat. Because of that, it's likely that the "hacker" was just a KF user who was around long enough to remember those days.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Okay some updates. One. Site's back up. Yay! Two, the movement against Null and the farms has died down to a crawl and currently someone was Ddossing the site to keep it down but null managed to figure out the attack. Here's the posts.

1664531935753.png

1664531970311.png

I can now look at people's art at leisure without interruptions again.. Until some tranny or lolcow throws a wrench into the whole situation but anyway
yeah Kiwifarms' back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org

There's all these written words and documentation that condemn Keffals and their followers as the terrible people they are, but clearly it doesn't matter when the entire media complex your average person is looking at is a compromised propaganda outlet. They're in control of not only the news, but the mainstream social media and now internet infrastructure. You've been fully subverted and now your quality of living in the west is on the decline as a result of tolerating these illogical ideologies.

These written words don't matter when they can mobilize their corporate allies to scrub their wrongdoing from the net while simultaneously bulldozing YOUR community in the process. Restricting your freedom of digital speech and assembly is sold as being in the public's best interests, because the public seldom enjoys being forced to confront uncomfortable truths. Uncomfortable truths disrupt order too much.

The news and journalists that you're taught to blindly put your faith in at a young age are not working in your best interests. They are knowingly lying to suppress your rights.

The best way to thank the corporate press for their work is with a [redacted :uncleted:].

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
down again
Hello! You might notice the site is down. This is because Zayo, the ISP that I have been trying to get online since December, was serving requests for less than 12 hours before succumbing to a few angry emails. They claim that 1776 Hosting violated their AUP by hosting the Kiwi Farms. A copy of their AUP is attached. You can read through it, the entire thing is a single page, and we did not violate it.

The site can still come back but it might take a day just because this happened on a Saturday night (as 1am GMT on Sunday seems to be when everything happens). Simply getting the Kiwi Farms back online is not my main concern though.

Zayo is an Internet service provider. They are a big company with presence across the world. If Zayo is arbitrarily blocking entire networks because of individual sites, and they are doing so with no recourse, the Internet is doomed. We are watching in real time as the very foundations of our interconnected world buckle and fold.

I am reaching out to see if this decision can be reversed. I am going to ask that network engineers do the same. If you are in the industry and are concerned that this ISP you do business with behaves like this, contact your account manager immediately and say so.

As we are a US legal service, I believe we should enjoy a direct connection to the Internet. The complex routing I do is stupid and only needed due of a few complainers harassing the right people. Unless the good guys also band together and provide countering pressure, it will remain easy for these crybullies to isolate individuals like this at any given time.

See you soon.

Zayo's AUP: <https://files.catbox.moe/jdw6ej.pdf>

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
2.6 Miscellaneous Prohibited Activities. Zayo also prohibits Customers and Users from using the Zayo network for any of the following activities:
2.6.1 Intentionally transmitting files containing a computer virus or corrupted data;
2.6.2 Repeatedly exceeding any agreed upon bandwidth limitations on the Customer's account;
2.6.3 Attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization, or other methods to document use of Zayo's services;
2.6.4 Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Policy, which includes the facilitation of the means to deliver unsolicited commercial email;
2.6.5 Any activity that disrupts, degrades, harms or threatens to harm the Zayo Network or the Service;
2.6.6 Any use of another party's electronic mail server to relay email without express permission from such other party;
2.6.7 Any other inappropriate activity or abuse of the Services (as determined by Zayo in its sole discretion), whether or not specifically listed in this Policy.
3. Zayo's Rights.
3.1 Suspension or Termination of Services. Zayo reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate a Customer's Services or a User's access to the Services in the event that a User engages in conduct which Zayo, in its sole discretion, determines is in violation of the Policy or is otherwise illegal or improper. Zayo generally will attempt to notify you of any activity which it deems to be in violation of the Policy and will request that you take whatever steps necessary to get the User to cease such activity; however, in cases where the operation of the Zayo Network is threatened or cases involving unsolicited commercial email/SPAM, a pattern of violations, mail relaying, alteration of your source IP address information, denial of service attacks, illegal activities, suspected fraud in connection with the use of Service, harassment or copyright infringement, Zayo reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Services or the User's access to the Services without notification. In addition, Zayo may take any other appropriate action against you or a User for any violation of the Policy. Zayo also reserves the right to avail itself of the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Zayo does not have any liability to any party, including you, for any violation of the Policy.
:SpacePalm:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I find it absurd that Kiwifarms get hammered so badly for exposing/bullying some mentally ill people while the big platforms practically have the blood of millions on their hand because they are instruments of fomenting wars and revolutions around the world. Just see the Arab Spring where Twitter et al. boasted about causing a mess, and in the end the civil wars are still going on.

It is either admirable or insane that Null still haven't jumped ship. Maybe he should have sold the site to spooks and get a job at Google for it. Like Moot did. jk

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I find it absurd that Kiwifarms get hammered so badly for exposing/bullying some mentally ill people while the big platforms practically have the blood of millions on their hand because they are instruments of fomenting wars and revolutions around the world. Just see the Arab Spring where Twitter et al. boasted about causing a mess, and in the end the civil wars are still going on.

It is either admirable or insane that Null still haven't jumped ship. Maybe he should have sold the site to spooks and get a job at Google for it. Like Moot did. jk
It's incredibly likely that this is a function of the fact that humans typically find it easier to care about a few people they can humanise instead of millions of people all at once. monkey brain just don't work good

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

there's a site, the '''Peacemaker''' that functions as a hit list (and has gore on front page), Cloudflare services them.

jl2O3B5.png

3yl9jSw.png

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1581027630819979264

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ffs I was browsing yesterday

View attachment 40999

"It would mean a lot to hear what people like about me"
I have to give troons credit, at least they stick together. In a way being about a tranny is about power, sure you cut your dick off but in exchange you get to redefine reality and even opposing you is attacking a "sensitive group" and be in a close knit circle jerk of fellow delusionals who will have your back because their existence depends on sticking together as well. Not to mention it's an expensive hobby and no family (or future) to spend money on so a lot of financial power in the short term as well. And let's not discount the groups pushing this thing.

Unless somebody with some actual capital helps Null out, I doubt he will be able to do anything in the US or the West in General.

It's incredibly likely that this is a function of the fact that humans typically find it easier to care about a few people they can humanise instead of millions of people all at once. monkey brain just don't work good
That is true.

there's a site, the '''Peacemaker''' that functions as a hit list (and has gore on front page), Cloudflare services them.

jl2O3B5.png

3yl9jSw.png

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1581027630819979264

Well, they didn't made jokes about fat people. So it's cool.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Null is 110% high functioning autistic. I listen to his stream sometimes while working and he clearly has no understanding of human interaction. He will not let go of the site for better or worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
It's admirable that Null wants to keep playing this game but, at some point, he's going to have to wise up. By his own admission, he signed on with Zayo and if he read their AUP then he must know that this action is totally justifiable under it. What did he think was going to happen? He needs to find a providers who will take on more responsibility, convince someone to sign a specialized agreement with him, or start figuring out what he will have to do to make his service acceptable. I'm doubtful he will find anyone willing to sign a contract saying they won't summarily kick him to the curb so it might be best to start figuring out what exactly he needs to do to keep the service up.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.