Introduce yourself!

urgentmeow

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey all! Glad to have stumbled on this little corner of humanity.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Probably the early seasons of Community when Dan Harmon was still at the wheel. The creativity, the strange connections between people who would otherwise be strangers, misfits trying to find their way in the world.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
I've thought a lot about this lately. I recently helped put on a live Vaporwave show in my town, and all of us in the band took some time to hash out what we all thought Vaporwave was. To me it means nostalgia for a time when technology seemed more exciting and imaginative and less addictive and exploitative. When there was more optimism for the future, and less cynicism and self-consciousness in popular culture. I feel like Vaporwave simultaneously celebrates, mourns, and tries to continue that attitude in various conflicted ways. And there's an undercurrent of trying to provide some spiritual balm, I think. To refugees from another time who can never return home.

What subgenres are you most into?
I'm not too familiar with specific subgenres of Vaporwave, but I'd love to become more familiar. That's part of my interest in this forum, for sure. In broad strokes, I'm a big fan of jazz fusion, so Vaporwave that draws from that has some extra appeal.

How did you find out about this place?
Ted Gioia's substack post where he mentions Dead Internet Theory. That led me to another Substack post which linked directly to an Agora thread. From there I started browsing, amazed to find a place where "old Internet culture" seemed to be alive and well.

What do you do for fun?
I play and compose music on instruments and synths, read books, watch anime, garden, cook, ride my bike. I'm trying to get back into writing fiction, too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NonoLePoulet

cacodemon
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?
I don't watch sitcoms a lot thus i do not know about any cancelled ones...

Vaporwave for me is both an artstyle and a music style. they inspire me very calm and chill feelings.

Vaporwave subgenres ?? definitely Future funk. Eccojams and mallsoft are intresing tho.
in general music, i am into breakcore , dnb, and J-Core/weird japanese music (lisen frums and silentroom! i love their music) !!

I found out about this place on the vaporwave page of the aesthetics wiki.

For fun, i get lost on the internet, and fall into niche things and intresting topics .
I also try to make music, and i play videogames

to anyone reading this, have a nice day !!

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
For fun, i get lost on the internet, and fall into niche things and intresting topics .
I also try to make music, and i play videogames

to anyone reading this, have a nice day !!
What are some of the more interesting things and topics you've found?

Virtual Cafe Awards

NonoLePoulet

cacodemon
Reaction score
Awards
What are some of the more interesting things and topics you've found?

I think Modular synthesis has been one of the more intresting topics i have found, but it is a bit expensive, even DIY solutions are expensive .... :(

This website and vaporwave are also one of the things that i found

Fighting games are very intresting also, because it is way harder than it looks

lots of different music genres like hyperpop, digicore, IDM, breakcore, ambient, Neurofunk ...

Cryptography, steganography, forensics (art of hiding and finding stuff in files/text) are all really intresting topics; however they are very complex, and i don't understand all

balisong flipping is also a hobby that i would like to try, but also too expensive just for trying

do you recommend a topic that i should check out ?

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
I think Modular synthesis has been one of the more intresting topics i have found, but it is a bit expensive, even DIY solutions are expensive .... :(

This website and vaporwave are also one of the things that i found

Fighting games are very intresting also, because it is way harder than it looks

lots of different music genres like hyperpop, digicore, IDM, breakcore, ambient, Neurofunk ...

Cryptography, steganography, forensics (art of hiding and finding stuff in files/text) are all really intresting topics; however they are very complex, and i don't understand all

balisong flipping is also a hobby that i would like to try, but also too expensive just for trying

do you recommend a topic that i should check out ?
All those are really cool interests, you seem more into the techno side of shit and I can dig it, even though I don't understand much more than mid-level shit about it. Complexity breeds curiosity, as it were, and I have a tendency to start looking at other complex things before I've fully unraveled the first.

By fighting games do you refer to strictly classic fighters a-la mortal kombat, or more generally as well?

I am familiar with most of those genres, but what are digicore and neurofunk?

As for recommendations from myself, Im a big proponent of the philosophical, particularly some of the more out there stuff that really requires you to open your viewing angles, as it were. For the base level, things like Jung, eastern spirituality and Gnosticism, Thelema somewhere in the middle, and the real whacky shit a-la Sub-Genius and the philosophy I ascribe to, which you can check out my website if you care to find out what it is ;)

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I have the same issue, I made a thread on here once about it. Currently I use VCV Rack to scratch the itch, it's probably my number one favourite music software of all time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NonoLePoulet

cacodemon
Reaction score
Awards
All those are really cool interests, you seem more into the techno side of shit and I can dig it, even though I don't understand much more than mid-level shit about it. Complexity breeds curiosity, as it were, and I have a tendency to start looking at other complex things before I've fully unraveled the first.

By fighting games do you refer to strictly classic fighters a-la mortal kombat, or more generally as well?

I am familiar with most of those genres, but what are digicore and neurofunk?

As for recommendations from myself, Im a big proponent of the philosophical, particularly some of the more out there stuff that really requires you to open your viewing angles, as it were. For the base level, things like Jung, eastern spirituality and Gnosticism, Thelema somewhere in the middle, and the real whacky shit a-la Sub-Genius and the philosophy I ascribe to, which you can check out my website if you care to find out what it is ;)
Yes same, the only problem is that i never end up going really deep and good in one subject, witch is kida sad.

Hmm, in general, fighting games are complex. I

Digicore is a loosely defined music movement, but i think it is like hyperpop but for rap music. it is the idea of pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable in rap by exagerating current standards.
Neurofunk is a subgenre of DnB, that uses hard industrial sounds as well as calm, jazz samples. Go check out Nhelv and 驟雨の狭間 [Rainshower] by Silentroom.

Ohh ok, that sounds intresting, but complex. I am not much into philosophy, but i will look a bit.

NonoLePoulet

cacodemon
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I have the same issue, I made a thread on here once about it. Currently I use VCV Rack to scratch the itch, it's probably my number one favourite music software of all time.
VCV rack is good, and i had fun with it. It's just not really the same as the real thing ...

Cherry modular is not bad either, a bit more limited tho

tarocchilla

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tarocchilla.neocities.org
Hii! i am Taro, or Oscar! i always have a hard time making intros so thanks for the prompts
I make sites as a hobby and also draw and do a ton of things , i really like cats and i am a nerd

Me and a friend who is no longer with us used to be obsessed with vapowave, so it holds a special place in my heart

Someoene i know is in B)

AllNightNippon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone! My name is AllNightNippon and am glad to have found this forum!

I grew up around the PS1 and Gamecube eras of video games and always loved the ethereal, otherworldly vibes that they gave off, especially Sega systems in particular. Vaporwave brings back that mixed feeling of tranquility, wonder, and mystery I felt wandering around the Gamecube start screen or playing Sonic Adventure.

Stumbled onto it from a Discord link and found the community to look pretty good.

What do you do for fun?
I love reading manga, and have recently been getting back into video games. I also like to watch movies, anime, tokusatsu, all sorts of things. I draw from time to time too, and have been meaning to do it more.

ミ✩ T0TSUGEKI ✩彡

✩In the name of the moon, I'll punish you✩
Reaction score
Awards
Hi! I've been lurking here for a long time, but I'm relatively new here as far as actually participating.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? Dog With a Blog, I'd imagine I'm the stupid brother.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? I like how it's made by regular people online instead of big artists. It also sounds really nice, and tends to be very creative.

What subgenres are you most into? I enjoy lofi, vaporwave, breakcore, synthwave, and and drum'n'bass.

How did you find out about this place? I discovered it through r/RedditAlternatives while looking for a place to hang out.

What do you do for fun? I play video games, watch anime, go hiking/mountain biking, and make really bad music.

Nice to meet you all!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hi! I've been lurking here for a long time, but I'm relatively new here as far as actually participating.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? Dog With a Blog, I'd imagine I'm the stupid brother.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? I like how it's made by regular people online instead of big artists. It also sounds really nice, and tends to be very creative.

What subgenres are you most into? I enjoy lofi, vaporwave, breakcore, synthwave, and and drum'n'bass.

How did you find out about this place? I discovered it through r/RedditAlternatives while looking for a place to hang out.

What do you do for fun? I play video games, watch anime, go hiking/mountain biking, and make really bad music.

Nice to meet you all!
Even your description is unique in comparasion to the others, wooooooo, good to have you on board totsugeki :tou5: :jBrew: :marioStyle:

Virtual Cafe Awards

EvilBike

Evil comes if you call my name
Reaction score
Awards

Can't think of anything

good vibez

depends on my mood

discord

What do you do for fun?

reading

Mastodont

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone :) I am new here (well, random lurker but finally made user account)

- Dunno what is cancelled and what sitcoms there is so can't say \_o_/

- I don't even know what it is. Music genre?

- No clue since I don't even know for sure what is vaportware. Sorry to disappoint :'(

- From koshka.love website recommendations

What do you do for fun?
- IRC, photography, videography, music, gaming. Chill with family.

Lynn Filia

What a funky.
Reaction score
Awards
Never really watched that much of any sitcom so can't say.

Experimental visuals, blue and pink colors, procrastination.

In music: Heavy metal and breakcore.

In manga: Post apocalyptic slice of life, something about watching life calmly continuing is nice.

Found it in a webring and decided to make an account after lurking for a bit.

What do you do for fun?
Draw, explore the web, occasionally play video games (mostly fighting games), and read manga.