Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org

Pretty funny, but still not optimistic about the new frontiers the Twitter twats could end up infesting. Like a bunch of rats swimming to shore from a sinking ship.

Seems like most are plugging Instagram at the moment, makes sense since it's got all the thought police/grifter enabling bullshit these people love. And with that pivot all their complaints about one of the wealthiest billionaires owning a major social media platform will disappear overnight since Zuckerberg is down with "the message."

Virtual Cafe Awards
constantly crashing into the sad reality that twitter could disappear tomorrow but the wild internet that it directly destroyed and the multitudes of people it ruined will still be gone forever.

people i knew respected and even loved became monsters once they got locked into the twitter posting cycle

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

calico_jack

midwest emo
Reaction score
Awards
id say twitter has been a net negative all around. if i really need my fix for insane people digitally screaming ill find it on the fediverse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

thewhiterose

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I am just so flabbergasted by how the twitterverse seems to be seething the most that it's not taking anyone's sides. I think people on the mainstream web have no idea what to do with a website that is proposing relative neutrality. They're very upset that Elon doesn't take a black and white stance on the hip discourse, or IDK abolish all accounts on whatever side they ally with.
I don't like Elon but I'm also not a brainwashed idiot, my own Twitter (which I need for work as a freelancer) has been doing better numbers than ever this past week. I cannot believe the magnitude of sperging over #TwitterisDead #TwitterRIP etc etc, it's made an already intolerable website even worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I am just so flabbergasted by how the twitterverse seems to be seething the most that it's not taking anyone's sides. I think people on the mainstream web have no idea what to do with a website that is proposing relative neutrality. They're very upset that Elon doesn't take a black and white stance on the hip discourse, or IDK abolish all accounts on whatever side they ally with.
I don't like Elon but I'm also not a brainwashed idiot, my own Twitter (which I need for work as a freelancer) has been doing better numbers than ever this past week. I cannot believe the magnitude of sperging over #TwitterisDead #TwitterRIP etc etc, it's made an already intolerable website even worse.
It's just how twitterfags work, 90% of users there are self-importance spergs who thinks their voice is important, the rest are marketing accounts, artists and coomers.

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
So when the endless summer of Elon's Summer Camp ends up at the forum in dinghys, how are we going to prevent the massive cultural shift?
Gatekeep, exclude, expel, ostracize, blacklist, eliminate, suspend, oust, keep out, and occlude. Show no mercy and we can cure history.

(I'm not serious btw, ....or am I? :Cokebaka: )

Virtual Cafe Awards
I am just so flabbergasted by how the twitterverse seems to be seething the most that it's not taking anyone's sides. I think people on the mainstream web have no idea what to do with a website that is proposing relative neutrality. They're very upset that Elon doesn't take a black and white stance on the hip discourse, or IDK abolish all accounts on whatever side they ally with. w

These people have lived in a fantasy bubble without personal consequence since 2017. The result is that it led to more radicalization and divided people much further in ways I'm sure that even with people who don't Musk would realize that. When you play favorites and censor people off for not remotely being the preferred color, you'll end up a lot of angry people with other people getting angry at said angry people. It's one vicious cycle!

I must stress that I am genuinely hopeful and also very excited to see where this is panning out. As I said before, Twitter losing numbers isn't new and will not be new, but I must add this happens to virtually everything else in business. Calculated risks mean having to expect massive losses short term, but the goal is long term, and it is very likely that Twitter will eventually bounce back in numbers whether it be through apolitical people doing their own things or certain people having a regained sense of trust regardless of beliefs.

Really, I rather see to it being balanced and let the people do the airing themselves with the platform only needing to step in if it's necessary (basically if someone breaks the rules and goes ham on there).

And just to let you folks know, Twitter while has steadily been declining in numbers over the years. The only reason why it's so intolerable is because this was all planned out by Jackie himself. He was clear what kind of culture he wanted to cultivate with twitter and should not be a surprised that the culture he picked was that of an intolerant and emotionally driven one. He's a massive ideologue hellbent on wanting sure that the internet would be a regulated hellhole with Twitter as a proof of concept. Though you can also bunch YouTube and Facebook in the camp at some point as well (YouTube still actively censors people though not as much as it was back in 2017 with the ad-pocolypse)

In a sense:
1668764001893.png

(Honestly, it should say Conservatives AND Liberals because Progressivism and Liberalism are two mutually exclusive philosophies. But that's my opinion)

So when the endless summer of Elon's Summer Camp ends up at the forum in dinghys, how are we going to prevent the massive cultural shift?

Depends on what "cultural shift" you're talking about but I'm going to assume the push for progressivism in the culture. With that, unfortunately that's a whole bunch of can of worms that I or anyone here for that matter wouldn't want to get into but the gist is that as of now, the current culture is only recent (Like from either 1964, 1968, or 1972, really depends) and it's affects have been a detrimental for people living in western nations and elsewhere to varying degrees depending on your milage. If there is a cultural shift, then it's very likely a call for decency and responsibility in people along with kicking out those who are deprive and seek to harm others and their children. Again, depending on your milage. That is what I think will and is already starting to, since 2018, happen.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I've never been a consistent Twitter user, so much of this is of little to concern to me and I have thus not been following the details so far. Still, I decided to check the site just now to get a general idea of what's going on. Something I have noticed, which has yet to be brought up, though, is just how little the rest of the world cares about this. I follow mostly people on the Japanese side of the site, and as far as I've seen, not a single one has brought up anything about this ordeal. They either do not know, or do not care.

おはようございます~, people say every morning, just as they did before the purchase began. They also tweet a lot about what restaurants they've eaten at, or their thoughts on whichever video games they're playing at the moment. Meanwhile, nearly every single one of the English-speaking users I follow has, in the past 24 hours, posted about where to find them in case the site goes down, along with other occasional comments on the purchase. Despite what I've seen postulated by some before about some aspect of the Twitter economy which causes people to act more hostile, the 日本人 seem to be able to maintain an overall positive demeanor --In the circles I'm familiar with, at least, I'm sure you can find examples of the contrary-- and the drama which is so usually associated with twitter is rarely present.

Just thought that was interesting.

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I've never been a consistent Twitter user, so much of this is of little to concern to me and I have thus not been following the details so far. Something I have however noticed, which has yet to be brought up, though, is just how little the rest of the world cares about this. I follow mostly people on the Japanese side of the site, and as far as I've seen, not a single one has brought up anything about this ordeal. They either do not know, or do not care.

おはようございます~, people say every morning, just as they did before the purchase began. They also tweet a lot about what restaurants they've eaten at, or their thoughts on whichever video games they're playing at the moment. Meanwhile, nearly every single one of the English-speaking users I follow has posted about where to find them in case the site goes down. Despite what I've seen postulated by some before about some aspect of the Twitter economy which causes people to act more hostile, the 日本人 seem to be able to maintain an overall positive demeanor --In the circles I'm familiar with, at least, I'm sure you can find examples of the contrary-- and the drama which is so usually associated with twitter is rarely present.

Just thought that was interesting.
Truly, one day we will all learn to become Japanese. I myself am practicing learning Japanese through reading erotic manga and rehearsing with my body pillow. I can't wait to go to Japan for my birthday and find a cute Japanese maid girlfriend. /s

If you're reading normie Twitter they're the kind of people who will be buying lattes and getting their nails done when the bomb drops. Whatever your politics are, a worldwide social media service just can't be maintained without anyone able to access the office, when you pay 80% of your staff to leave, or just operating on a skeleton crew.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Truly, one day we will all learn to become Japanese. I myself am practicing learning Japanese through reading erotic manga and rehearsing with my body pillow. I can't wait to go to Japan for my birthday and find a cute Japanese maid girlfriend. /s
jokes on you, actually becoming japanese means you end up with a pixel dick and no sex drive

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
This has been a staple of twitter for a long time. Some years back there was drama with a minecraft youtuber that I don't remember the name of, where a huge mob of twitter users started harassing him and sending him death threats over the pettiest shit, one of which being that the guy refused to talk about political things or take a stance, because he didn't want his content to be about politics. This mob demanded he talk about politics and that if he didn't talk about their politics positively, he was immediately in the other camp just by virtue of not actively attempting to suppress them every moment of every day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

thewhiterose

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This has been a staple of twitter for a long time. Some years back there was drama with a minecraft youtuber that I don't remember the name of, where a huge mob of twitter users started harassing him and sending him death threats over the pettiest shit, one of which being that the guy refused to talk about political things or take a stance, because he didn't want his content to be about politics. This mob demanded he talk about politics and that if he didn't talk about their politics positively, he was immediately in the other camp just by virtue of not actively attempting to suppress them every moment of every day.

Yeah, navigating the site as a person who needs it for income (I use other social media too but Twitter is where the most people with money to throw around on art is) is like dodging bullets on the regular. I have a pretty small following (all you really need to make it money wise if you're responsible at your job) and I still get some total whackos. I made the horrible mistake of posting that I was looking forward to playing one of the older Assassin's Creed games, and I received a deluge of hate spam about how I was a monster for ever wanting to support Ubisoft. If only they knew what kind of ACTUALLY "problematic" stances I possess. That is why I have to be very careful about my online presence outside of work- I don't ever livestream or record my illustration process much due to paranoia of a wrongthink tab or something slipping in.

A woman in my area was recently absolutely fucking reamed for appearing at a radfem rally, her whole life is essentially donezo due to living in a liberal area. It even reached ME on Facebook, and there are literal flyers around my city with her picture and address saying she is a bigot and a transphobe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Yeah, navigating the site as a person who needs it for income (I use other social media too but Twitter is where the most people with money to throw around on art is) is like dodging bullets on the regular. I have a pretty small following (all you really need to make it money wise if you're responsible at your job) and I still get some total whackos. I made the horrible mistake of posting that I was looking forward to playing one of the older Assassin's Creed games, and I received a deluge of hate spam about how I was a monster for ever wanting to support Ubisoft. If only they knew what kind of ACTUALLY "problematic" stances I possess. That is why I have to be very careful about my online presence outside of work- I don't ever livestream or record my illustration process much due to paranoia of a wrongthink tab or something slipping in.

A woman in my area was recently absolutely fucking reamed for appearing at a radfem rally, her whole life is essentially donezo due to living in a liberal area. It even reached ME on Facebook, and there are literal flyers around my city with her picture and address saying she is a bigot and a transphobe.
I forget that radfem is now against far-left thinking, lmao. Things are changing so quickly these days.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards