Experiences with the mandela effect

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Very inconsequential and was probably just me being tired, but I do have a story to share.

A few years ago, I was attending a Christmas party, it was set in a very big community center. There was a poster on the wall, featuring a blue genie (some kind of car assurance ad iirc). After looking elsewhere for a few secs, the poster had changed place within the span of a few seconds. No one was near me or the poster.

Again, I was likely just tired...

--------------------------------------------

Another story is regarding the law. Earlier this year, me and some friends went into a "small homebrew pub" to celebrate someone's birthday. I was kinda weirded out by this event because I was 100% sure that "small homebrew pub" were illegal. I remember hearing about people being arrested for opening secret "homebrew beer pub" in their basements on multiple occasion.

When I inquired about the divergence, no one had any idea of what I was talking about. I was baffled at the idea of people making custom beer because I though this was outlawed years ago due to government restriction.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that "big pub" (as in a factory making custom beer) is illegal and I was mistaken. Still weird though.

MacchyMacchy

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, I up my own thread but I'm only doing it because yesterday I made a discovery that ruined my adolescence. At twelve I was a big fan of Skrillex, there are songs of his that I have listened to hundreds of times and only now after ten years I realize that the title of his most famous song is "Scary Monster and Nice Sprites" and not as I always read "Scary Monster and Nice Spirits". Of course it can easily be an oversight, but it amazes me that in ten years I have never noticed it and above all that google has never corrected me. Mandela effect?

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, I up my own thread but I'm only doing it because yesterday I made a discovery that ruined my adolescence. At twelve I was a big fan of Skrillex, there are songs of his that I have listened to hundreds of times and only now after ten years I realize that the title of his most famous song is "Scary Monster and Nice Sprites" and not as I always read "Scary Monster and Nice Spirits". Of course it can easily be an oversight, but it amazes me that in ten years I have never noticed it and above all that google has never corrected me. Mandela effect?
that's not a mandella effect, you just read it wrong for years and google figured out what to do with your input. mandella effects are solely large scale amounts of misremembering like the fruit of the loom cornucopia.

sigh I wasn't going to write about that one but I guess I'll write something up seeing as I'm still unsure if Fruit of the Loom performed a massive gaslighting campaign so as to not hurt their brand name. Many people (myself included) remember as a young child the fruit of the loom logo looking like the one on the left.
1668620161722.png

However, according to fruit of the loom, the logo on the left never existed, just the one on the right. Many people recount that they learned what a cornucopia was from this logo bc they asked their parents what the weird brown thing was in the picture. I myself remember the day when I realized I had been looking at the logo wrong bc of dyslexia or something and finally my brain had sorted out what was going on with the basket in the background. The official timeline of logo change on fruit of the loom's website is this
1668620677184.png

as you can see, no cornucopia. So why do so many people misremember this? I did a little digging into their trademarks and found something curious. The timeline of when the cornucopia would have been on the logo was the late 80s and the 90s and all of the trademarks submitted in the 90s do not have a picture attached to the filing. This can't have been the case on the filing date because by US law you are required to submit an image of your trademark upon filing. The most notable one is this one as it seems to be regarding the main brand line. So why no image? Is it possible that this trademark submission had the cornucopia in it but Fruit of the Loom got the picture taken down somehow? Why would they even want that? One theory is that fruit of the loom did not want bad publicity. You see the cornucopia is a symbol of rich harvest but it is also used in some satanic imagery (apparently). In the 80s Procter and Gamble came under heavy public scrutiny because many people believed that a logo of theirs at the time was in reference to Satanism. Is it possible that Fruit of the Loom wanted to avoid that and as such scrubbed the cornucopia from their brand? This was pre-internet so it was much easier to gaslight people (and what also makes this particular rabbit hole incredibly frustrating to pursue). I only did some cursory digging a while ago and I would love to deep dive into this one because when I found out that the official narrative says that the cornucopia never existed I felt like reality betrayed me.

Also there's a fun esoteric thread about CERN and the Mandella effect here (funnily enough this was where I found out about this whole fruit of the loom thing).

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There is an old video essay about the fruit of the loom thing, showing the cornucopia logo and the real one. I had never heard of this before, but had owned some fruit of the loom stuff and recognized the brand. I immediately assumed the cornucopia logo was the real one.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
There is an old video essay about the fruit of the loom thing, showing the cornucopia logo and the real one. I had never heard of this before, but had owned some fruit of the loom stuff and recognized the brand. I immediately assumed the cornucopia logo was the real one.
I really want to find the truth of this one but it's incredibly annoying to pursue because every time you pull a thread, the end of it is always some person's testimony and you're left with either believing them or not.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
that's not a mandella effect, you just read it wrong for years and google figured out what to do with your input. mandella effects are solely large scale amounts of misremembering like the fruit of the loom cornucopia.

sigh I wasn't going to write about that one but I guess I'll write something up seeing as I'm still unsure if Fruit of the Loom performed a massive gaslighting campaign so as to not hurt their brand name. Many people (myself included) remember as a young child the fruit of the loom logo looking like the one on the left.
View attachment 43822
However, according to fruit of the loom, the logo on the left never existed, just the one on the right. Many people recount that they learned what a cornucopia was from this logo bc they asked their parents what the weird brown thing was in the picture. I myself remember the day when I realized I had been looking at the logo wrong bc of dyslexia or something and finally my brain had sorted out what was going on with the basket in the background. The official timeline of logo change on fruit of the loom's website is this
View attachment 43825
as you can see, no cornucopia. So why do so many people misremember this? I did a little digging into their trademarks and found something curious. The timeline of when the cornucopia would have been on the logo was the late 80s and the 90s and all of the trademarks submitted in the 90s do not have a picture attached to the filing. This can't have been the case on the filing date because by US law you are required to submit an image of your trademark upon filing. The most notable one is this one as it seems to be regarding the main brand line. So why no image? Is it possible that this trademark submission had the cornucopia in it but Fruit of the Loom got the picture taken down somehow? Why would they even want that? One theory is that fruit of the loom did not want bad publicity. You see the cornucopia is a symbol of rich harvest but it is also used in some satanic imagery (apparently). In the 80s Procter and Gamble came under heavy public scrutiny because many people believed that a logo of theirs at the time was in reference to Satanism. Is it possible that Fruit of the Loom wanted to avoid that and as such scrubbed the cornucopia from their brand? This was pre-internet so it was much easier to gaslight people (and what also makes this particular rabbit hole incredibly frustrating to pursue). I only did some cursory digging a while ago and I would love to deep dive into this one because when I found out that the official narrative says that the cornucopia never existed I felt like reality betrayed me.

Also there's a fun esoteric thread about CERN and the Mandella effect here (funnily enough this was where I found out about this whole fruit of the loom thing).
As someone who was born in the 2000s, my brain tell me that I have seen the one with the cornucopia, but considering I would have memorized this logo around 2009, I would find it hard to believe that there would be no hard proof of the change of the change online.

I find it curious that you think the change happened in the 90s. As I am fully sure that I did not wear old clothes in my youth, I think it come down to brain trickery. The version with the "cornucopia" do feel more legit, so perphaps our brain just sucks at remembering.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
As someone who was born in the 2000s, my brain tell me that I have seen the one with the cornucopia, but considering I would have memorized this logo around 2009, I would find it hard to believe that there would be no hard proof of the change of the change online.

I find it curious that you think the change happened in the 90s. As I am fully sure that I did not wear old clothes in my youth, I think it come down to brain trickery. The version with the "cornucopia" do feel more legit, so perphaps our brain just sucks at remembering.
If you look at the trademarks I sent the ones with the missing pictures are in the late 80s early 90s. Interestingly enough too they filed for bankruptcy around that time and were essentially saved by warren buffet lmao. Also their website was registered in 1995 and seeing how there are no archival snippets of the site having the cornucopia it seems plausible that if it did indeed exist then it would have to have been removed before that. I'm guessing that if it was actually a thing that into the 90s and early 2000s that product with the cornucopia was still being sold from backlog as I'm guessing they wouldn't want to just throw all of that away especially given their money concerns around that time. I want to say that I remember the logo on the packages in stores slowly changing but I don't know what to believe at this point

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
If you look at the trademarks I sent the ones with the missing pictures are in the late 80s early 90s. Interestingly enough too they filed for bankruptcy around that time and were essentially saved by warren buffet lmao. Also their website was registered in 1995 and seeing how there are no archival snippets of the site having the cornucopia it seems plausible that if it did indeed exist then it would have to have been removed before that. I'm guessing that if it was actually a thing that into the 90s and early 2000s that product with the cornucopia was still being sold from backlog as I'm guessing they wouldn't want to just throw all of that away especially given their money concerns around that time. I want to say that I remember the logo on the packages in stores slowly changing but I don't know what to believe at this point
Hmm, if your theory is true, then it should be possible to locate piece of clothings that still has the logo on it. I guess the most obvious place to check would be "resource store". Idk the exact english term for those store, but they are entirely run by people's item donations.

Furthermore, any photos featuring the logo of the cornucopia should be identical. It is not inconceivable that some photo are fake, but common sense dictate that the version that appears the most is probably the real one.

From a graphic designer perspective, the cornucopia logo look very faithful - but the style used would not be that hard to fake.

We need to look deeper into this.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm, if your theory is true, then it should be possible to locate piece of clothings that still has the logo on it. I guess the most obvious place to check would be "resource store". Idk the exact english term for those store, but they are entirely run by people's item donations.
The problem is people usually throw out old underwear and undershirts. I'm guessing a lot of thrift stores would probably reject those items of clothing anyways. There was a photo that ended up on 4chan of an undershirt with the cornucopia but it was deemed to be fake, although I'm unsure how people came to that conclusion.

Furthermore, any photos featuring the logo of the cornucopia should be identical. It is not inconceivable that some photo are fake, but common sense dictate that the version that appears the most is probably the real one.
As far as I've seen they've all been identical

We need to look deeper into this.
Please do. I'd be extremely interested in what you can find. Like I said, I've only done a couple hours worth of digging on this subject and there were a lot of things I left untouched. I unfortunately just don't really have the time to deep dive into rabbit holes right now. The trademark thing to me is most telling that something went down but it's not enough to confidently prove the cornucopia's existence

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Please do. I'd be extremely interested in what you can find.
Alright, I did some digging...

First, I did some digging in the Geocities archive. I found out on this website that Fruit of the Loom stamped their logo on racing cars in the 1980s. I notably found this picture on from "Hans Heyer at Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft in 1980":

40-years-ago-Hans-Heyer-won-the-Deutsche-Rennsport-Meisterschaft-01_840.jpg

A curious observation is that it use the 1962 logo in 1980 - this only make sense if the car was made prior to 1978, otherwise it would have the 1978 logo, but I am no expert on racing car, so I went to search elsewhere.

Using search operators, I scoured the web for the term "Fruit of the Loom" and "cornucopia", I hereby present the following timeline of events:

Misc notes:
Key take aways:
  • FOTL like changing logos a lot.
  • People associating FOTL with a cornucopia is not anything new.
  • A man that worked for FOTL claim that the cornucopia used to exist in a previous iteration of the logo.
  • FOTL explicitly mentionned the cornucopia in a trademark filling
  • FOTL used to stamp their logo on driving car.

Furthermore, I have discovered that FOTL very inconsistent with their branding colors:

121331-1.jpg

678658685678678.PNG

5675678787568675.PNG

As you can see, colors are way off on some elements of these logos, likely due to sacrifices to save up on production costs or whatever.

I will make another post tomorrow, I am too tired right now to continue. I will see if I can dig deeper into the all the different trademarks and logo variants.

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Alright, I did some digging...

First, I did some digging in the Geocities archive. I found out on this website that Fruit of the Loom stamped their logo on racing cars in the 1980s. I notably found this picture on from "Hans Heyer at Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft in 1980":

View attachment 44315

A curious observation is that it use the 1962 logo in 1980 - this only make sense if the car was made prior to 1978, otherwise it would have the 1978 logo, but I am no expert on racing car, so I went to search elsewhere.

Using search operators, I scoured the web for the term "Fruit of the Loom" and "cornucopia", I hereby present the following timeline of events:

Misc notes:
Key take aways:
  • FOTL like changing logos a lot.
  • People associating FOTL with a cornucopia is not anything new.
  • A man that worked for FOTL claim that the cornucopia used to exist in a previous iteration of the logo.
  • FOTL explicitly mentionned the cornucopia in a trademark filling
  • FOTL used to stamp their logo on driving car.

Furthermore, I have discovered that FOTL very inconsistent with their branding colors:

View attachment 44316
View attachment 44317
View attachment 44318

As you can see, colors are way off on some elements of these logos, likely due to sacrifices to save up on production costs or whatever.

I will make another post tomorrow, I am too tired right now to continue. I will see if I can dig deeper into the all the different trademarks and logo variants.
I've heard someone say that it's possible the cornucopia logo was from a popular knock off brand but I really don't think that's the case. The name was exactly the same so surely they would have been sued out of existence (you would think). Also no one that I've seen has uploaded a picture of the cornucopia logo actually on a tag. Furthermore, how would a knock off brand be able to distribute these shirts through well known retailers who already had popular brands like this as a vendor.

This "current" logo looks completely alien to me, everything about it just looks wrong. I had someone send me a direct message once stating that the cornucopia was used in the fruit of the loom design because it followed the golden ratio concept in graphic logo design and went on to tell me that they were studying gravitational waves at a university and that there was a controversial theory that a black hole in space or something was sending out disruptive waves through space time, I think meaning that the waves were causing rifts between parallel dimensions. Who knows, I thought it was interesting that someone DMed me to tell me this stuff even if it's all nonsense.
However, this is the only Mandela effect where I absolutely know there was a cornucopia. I remember specifically being a child with my red gameboy, looking at the fruit of the loom logo and wondering what the horn shaped thing was.

I'm going to find that DM, I don't know what to think of it honestly because it sounded sensible and it wasn't some person randomly bragging to the public considering it was a DM.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I've heard someone say that it's possible the cornucopia logo was from a popular knock off brand but I really don't think that's the case. The name was exactly the same so surely they would have been sued out of existence (you would think). Also no one that I've seen has uploaded a picture of the cornucopia logo actually on a tag. Furthermore, how would a knock off brand be able to distribute these shirts through well known retailers who already had popular brands like this as a vendor.

This "current" logo looks completely alien to me, everything about it just looks wrong. I had someone send me a direct message once stating that the cornucopia was used in the fruit of the loom design because it followed the golden ratio concept in graphic logo design and went on to tell me that they were studying gravitational waves at a university and that there was a controversial theory that a black hole in space or something was sending out disruptive waves through space time, I think meaning that the waves were causing rifts between parallel dimensions. Who knows, I thought it was interesting that someone DMed me to tell me this stuff even if it's all nonsense.
However, this is the only Mandela effect where I absolutely know there was a cornucopia. I remember specifically being a child with my red gameboy, looking at the fruit of the loom logo and wondering what the horn shaped thing was.

I'm going to find that DM, I don't know what to think of it honestly because it sounded sensible and it wasn't some person randomly bragging to the public considering it was a DM.
Interesting. As for myself, I do not have any strong memory regarding the conucopia, but it does feel right to me too.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
So I'm not sure what's going on here but everytime you post a link to the wayback machine it directs you to the same page (this one) and in these two specific instances of the link I couldn't find what you were talking about. I'd love to see what you were referring to when you said that wayback machine begged to differ. Also interesting to note is the fact that the blog post you linked with the 30 pics of random logos there are some pictures that refuse to load and the only thing that shows up when you click on them is this:
1669126146587.png

I found this testimony by the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk user DeconJ particularly interesting. It's found on this page but I'll quote it here:
Strangest thing about this, I remember about a year ago looking at some of the tags in my shirts and underwear that were fruit of the loom. I noticed the logo no longer had the "horn of plenty" that I've seen everyday in my clothes since I was a small child. The new logo looked plain. I didn't think anything of it. I found out about the Mandela Effect about a year ago with the whole Berestain/Berenstain bears thing. The past few days it's come up again and I've delved heavily into it. I just read about the Fruit of the Loom logo change last night. I went home and check some OLD shirts I have from concerts years ago that I absolutely KNOW have the old logo I was used to. I was floored when I saw that it indeed was this "new logo". I have a couple childhood shirts. Looked through my garage and found that these had the "new" logo as well. Freaked out, I did a google search and found absolutely no evidence that the logo in my mind has ever existed. I asked several people about it and they're all positive they know the horn of plenty is in the logo as well. I'm really messed up over this. This is the proving factor for me. How could this logo never have existed when almost everyone I know recalls it? Even stranger, the more I think about it, the more "distant" this logo I remember feels. It's like it's slowly slipping away from me. Very, very odd. I also am from the "JIFFY Peanut Butter" universe, apparently. My mom bought it exclusively when I was a child. I just alerted her to the fact that it doesn't exist just a few hours ago. She doesn't believe that's possible. I feel deeply shaken by this fruit of the loom thing. Who else feels that strongly about it?
I'm seriously starting to wonder if the CERN shifting us into another dimension conspiracy theory has some truth to it.

Another interesting thing to note: Fruit.com is still the domain used for the US but for Europe they use fruitoftheloom.eu with language encoders depending on the country you're in. I'm not sure if that implies anything but I thought it was interesting to point out.

Please do, it sounds very interesting

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
So I'm not sure what's going on here but everytime you post a link to the wayback machine it directs you to the same page (this one) and in these two specific instances of the link I couldn't find what you were talking about. I'd love to see what you were referring to when you said that wayback machine begged to differ. Also interesting to note is the fact that the blog post you linked with the 30 pics of random logos there are some pictures that refuse to load and the only thing that shows up when you click on them is this:
View attachment 44358

I found this testimony by the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk user DeconJ particularly interesting. It's found on this page but I'll quote it here:

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the CERN shifting us into another dimension conspiracy theory has some truth to it.

Another interesting thing to note: Fruit.com is still the domain used for the US but for Europe they use fruitoftheloom.eu with language encoders depending on the country you're in. I'm not sure if that implies anything but I thought it was interesting to point out.
Regarding the first logo, I was talking about this image. Regarding the "Waback machine begs to differ parts", I was talking about how FOTL claim to have made the current logo back in 2003 but from the archived snipet I linked, it was already in use in October 12 2000.

Regarding the blog post, they seems to have linked pictures from external websites. The screenshot you posted is some standard web error thing.

Analysis of the missing images:

https://external-preview.redd.it/uO...mp;s=de76af7dda73070aec805bb4603c3554c3a1707c - R*ddit image, now forbiden because reasons.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/B38AAOSw-olaJHeg/s-l400.jpg - this image work, no FOTL lgo though

https://d9nvuahg4xykp.cloudfront.net/897220613268053122/1129719193666132932.jpg - broken CDN link

https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.ne...19c7c78f4171ca/s_5dfd0691afade873a4f41d33.jpg - another broken CDN link

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~IMAAOSwn1FbL71W/s-l400.jpg - this image works but no FOTL logo

https://d1w8cc2yygc27j.cloudfront.net/195940981482937025/-2008229380676201393.jpg - another broken CDN image

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hUwAAOSwax5YzvRO/s-l300.jpg - this image works but no FOTL logo

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/...VINTAGE-NEON-SIGN-POSTER-LABEL-100-Cotton.jpg - dead image.

---------------------------------------------

Analysis of the overall situation:

• A musical album featured a cornucopia prior to the arrival of the modern logo. Assuming that the "main" logo history has no hole, it would be impossible to fit a cornucopia in the 1978 design.
  • It is not impossible that a cornucopia was used on some obscure product line in the 1980s (as suggested by a trademark).
  • A man working for FOTL says that the logo used to feature a cornucopia.
  • Prior to 2016, there is no instance people noticing the missing cornucopia. In every earlier instance, people just assume it is here.
  • In the 1980s, the logo print quality was mediocre.
  • In all most all parodies, the cornucopia has the same angle, the only exception being in The Ant Bully.

What I think is going on:

If there is one thing this research proves, is that people even associated the cornucopia with the FOTL even when it could not have been possibly on the main logo. I believe it's fully possible that a cornucopia was once featured on an obscure product brand, but was quickly phased out.

Prior to 2016, there is no explicit mention of anyone noticing that something was missing (I made sure to avoid the term mandella effect in my search). People first noticed on a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post where some comments noticed how they remembered a cornucopia. Then the "real" logo apperared on an imgur post and says there is a disinformation compaign going on. Let's take a look of the logo in all it's HD glory:

nGVVA43.jpeg

While the logo "feels right" upon closer inspection, some alarm bells are ringing in my bells. As a graphic designer, I can't help to notice that the stroke on the cornucopia do NOT match the rest of the logo. Regardless of whatever there was a cornucopia or not, this logo is very suspcious.

So I think this mandella effect is caused by multiple factors:

• There may have been a cornucopia on analogous logo for a short period of time in the 1980s on some FOTL products.
  • When people recall the logo without direct reference, their minds always add a cornucopia.
  • On some products, leaves ended up being brown and since they are often low res, this can create confusion.
  • In the 1980s, the printing of some black and white logos leave some details up to imagination and people saw a cornucopia.

I said earlier in the thread that I remembered a cornucopia but that this memory was not very strong. Anyway, this mandela effect apperas to not be new. I think the most plausible explanation for all of this is that our mind sucks. Even if it turns out that there was a cornucopia on some obscure FOTL product, most of us would have not been exposed to it when we were a kid.

TODO:

• Dig deeper into trademarks, some appears to be unlisted. See if Justicia is the only trademark site out there.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Another aspect of this that I want to look into at some point is the angle of Fruit of the Loom going bankrupt and essentially being saved by Warren Buffet. I'm not sure if that'll provide any info but it could be interesting to research on.

While the logo "feels right" upon closer inspection, some alarm bells are ringing in my bells. As a graphic designer, I can't help to notice that the stroke on the cornucopia do NOT match the rest of the logo. Regardless of whatever there was a cornucopia or not, this logo is very suspcious.
I really don't see what you mean when you say that the stroke on the cornucopia is different because the art style looks the same to me. Maybe that's just bc I'm an engineer though and not an artist. Also the only reason why I think that the "our minds suck" explanation falls short is because of how many testimonies there are of people not only remembering it, but specifically remembering learning what a cornucopia was from the Fruit of the Loom logo. Also it doesn't explain the sheer amount of people who have no knowledge of this whole thing yet are completely and utterly surprised when faced with the claim that the cornucopia doesn't exist.

Dig deeper into trademarks, some appears to be unlisted. See if Justicia is the only trademark site out there.
I'm honestly really annoyed that trademarks aren't as well filed as patents are. For patents, there's one central official place and everything is clearly organized. Trademarks seem to be all over the place though

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I really don't see what you mean when you say that the stroke on the cornucopia is different because the art style looks the same to me. Maybe that's just bc I'm an engineer though and not an artist.
This image I just made should help visuazlise what I mean:

stroke demo.png

Somewhat unrelated, but I found this cursed ad during my research:

678786789689689.PNG

feeble_world

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Kudos to manpaint for digging that deep. I've heard about this before but I don't think any other reporting has gone into that much detail.

This whole thing sounds surreal to me because FotL is not at all a brand in my country, I've never heard of it at all until the press used it as an example in articles about mandela effect. So I couldn't tell you what the logo is supposed to be.

Had no idea what products the brand even sold until a USAmerican online friend told me it was underwear.

Keep up the investigation. An object in a logo would be the stupidest thing possible for CIA brainwashing to target so fallible brains are the most likely answer. I dunno though. It's uncomfortable to doubt my memory because my memory represents my entire beliefs and understanding of the world.

But if your brain has misremembered something, the false memory is so convincing that it just seems like the truth. As an example, in the past I fell off my bicycle and hit my head really hard. Ended up going to hospital and getting examined and having to rest for weeks/months afterwards for my brain to recover. I don't have any memories between eating dinner half an hour before riding (and even this I only remembered after somebody told me it happened) and "waking up" in an emergency room. As far as my memory is concerned, the accident itself literally never happened.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This image I just made should help visuazlise what I mean:

View attachment 44405
IIRC this is an artists reproduction of what everyone remembers so it makes sense that they haven't perfectly followed the current logo.

I also remember the cornucopia logo, they never sold underwear in the UK but I'm almost certain I saw it on old band tees of my dad's.

Virtual Cafe Awards