The Mario Movie

• Thread starter Jade
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3699 times.

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
The trailer looked nice enough. I liked Chris Pratt's Mario.

While we're at it, it might have been a goofy movie starring Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, but the set design of the 1993 film was really impressive for what it was. You could've called it Blade Runner for kids.
13_streetset1.jpg
07setdesign.jpg

DxO6DhpVsAAaTWf.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
The trailer looked nice enough. I liked Chris Pratt's Mario.

While we're at it, it might have been a goofy movie starring Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, but the set design of the 1993 film was really impressive for what it was. You could've called it Blade Runner for kids.
View attachment 40039View attachment 40040
View attachment 40038
I remember hearing somewhere that the set designer actually did work on Blade Runner. I agree, I think it turned out pretty impressive to look at.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I remember hearing somewhere that the set designer actually did work on Blade Runner. I agree, I think it turned out pretty impressive to look at.
I don't think that movie's actually as bad as it's made out to be. I watched it for the first time in about 20 years the other night with the wife. It's not brilliant, but I think it was a pretty enjoyable popcorn flick. I think people are just hard on it because it really has nothing to do with Mario. If it starred a bunch of original characters with the same basic story, I think people would have been a lot easier on it.

Of course when it came out I was 9 and I saw it in theatres. Seeing Mario on the big screen was a trill at the time regardless. I was more excited for the 1993 movie than I'll ever be for the new animated one just because I was the perfect age to be excited for a Super Mario movie.

Virtual Cafe Awards

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
immediately dropping my confidence in this movie, as the OFFICIAL MARKETING TEAM is now reinforcing the constantly shoved in our faces, soulless social media DRECK that has infected our current generation's intelligence and vocabulary. Why the hell does anyone still think trying to appeal to Generation Z by using their utterly retarded language for their movie will work anything?

You don't need to do that stupid crap as it makes you look absolutely ignorant to anyone who isn't a infinite scrolling blob of absolute retardation who can't go 10 seconds without blabbering their favorite social media "sound effect" or constantly repeating their favorite internet word (oh hey, 'no cap' is in one of the official ones!) like they have a speech impediment.

I doubt Gen Z has a legitimate Mario fan base, as the majority of what I've seen just consists of unrelated videos featuring Mario (SMG4) or making nonstop twitter memes.

this is why i barely watch movies or tv shows from after 2019 anymore

Virtual Cafe Awards
immediately dropping my confidence in this movie, as the OFFICIAL MARKETING TEAM is now reinforcing the constantly shoved in our faces, soulless social media DRECK that has infected our current generation's intelligence and vocabulary. Why the hell does anyone still think trying to appeal to Generation Z by using their utterly retarded language for their movie will work anything?

You don't need to do that stupid crap as it makes you look absolutely ignorant to anyone who isn't a infinite scrolling blob of absolute retardation who can't go 10 seconds without blabbering their favorite social media "sound effect" or constantly repeating their favorite internet word (oh hey, 'no cap' is in one of the official ones!) like they have a speech impediment.

I doubt Gen Z has a legitimate Mario fan base, as the majority of what I've seen just consists of unrelated videos featuring Mario (SMG4) or making nonstop twitter memes.

That's a parody poster, dumbass.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Someone pointed out that it's basically just the Lego Movie, similar plot, similar portrayal of male/female lead, all these different themed lands, etc and now I can't unsee it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
"I'm meant to be the main hero, but I don't know how to be heroic!"

"Anyone can be a hero." [looks into camera] "Even you. The weight of the world is on your shoulders."

"We're all relying on you, Mario! Us, the weak majority. You must carry us across the finish line. Because even though anyone can be a hero, it is you that must bear our burden."

Virtual Cafe Awards

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
That's a parody poster, dumbass.
I didn't know that because I don't use Snapchat (or is it instagram?) and I saw the verification logo and assumed it was legitimate since there was no context provided beforehand.

Also I've seen companies do this legitimately before and it's hard to figure out if it's fake or real considering what things happen

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Someone pointed out that it's basically just the Lego Movie, similar plot, similar portrayal of male/female lead, all these different themed lands, etc and now I can't unsee it.
It's just following the new Hollywood formula. It's not difficult.

Normal Normie is the unlikely hero but he doesn't know how. Over the next hour and a half he'll learn how to use his powers while going through new and zany lands of dysfunctional characters.

* Wreck it Ralph
* Sausage Party
* The LEGO movie
* The LEGO movie 2 (but emotionally)
* The Emoji Movie

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

Sir, this is a wendy's
1669822388463.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
I didn't know that because I don't use Snapchat (or is it instagram?) and I saw the verification logo and assumed it was legitimate since there was no context provided beforehand.

Also I've seen companies do this legitimately before and it's hard to figure out if it's fake or real considering what things happen
I don't use social media.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score