a forum admin's letter about agora

レオタルドのフェティッシュ

Existence is but a diabolic deception
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mrwillhorlen.me
Hi (lordofthecringe),
This is a moderation alert - Im sorry to have to edit your first post, but I had to remove a link to the Agora Forum you shared. Within the web revival community the Agora Forum is generally considered a toxic website and contrary to the values most of us share.

I personally believe in providing a forum experience thats safe, inclusive and kind, to people of all backgrounds - one way I ensure that is the case, is by barring links to sites that might be harmful or degrading to a visitors experience. This forum doesn't aim to be a village square, its more like a private house thats having an open party for neighbours.

Of course you're still welcome here; but please respect this forums community for what it is and not for what the rest of the web is like - there are so few kind places left online
:4u:

-Melon

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Can confirm that I once received something similar too. I think MTTS slso had a similar experience IIRC.

レオタルドのフェティッシュ

Existence is but a diabolic deception
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mrwillhorlen.me
Can confirm that I once received something similar too. I think MTTS slso had a similar experience IIRC.
maybe mtts was the reason this site is labeled as such

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
maybe mtts was the reason this site is labeled as such
Well assuming the message I received to me happened months before MTTS signed up there, that being said, I think the front page scare people will all the MMTS quote and super-predator stuff.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I actually like Melon's site and the work they've been putting in with their community, but imo it's a bit ridiculous to not even let links to this forum get shared. Melon's forum, Melon's rules I suppose.

Is it because we schizo post too hard? Or because some don't really tip toe around social issues? Or is it all a Jesuit conspiracy to suppress the truth like Nagolbud tried to warn us about?

I don't exactly jive with the general old web community since a lot of them appear to be hardcore Twitter/Tumblr transplants, but at least neocities is largely hands off when it comes to policing ideology. So long as we can all do our own thing on equal footing it's fine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
Within the web revival community the Agora Forum is generally considered a toxic website and contrary to the values most of us share.
What does that mean? AR doesn't have any real unifying values other than vaporwave interest. Opinions vary greatly on all sorts of things around here.
I personally believe in providing a forum experience thats safe, inclusive and kind, to people of all backgrounds
Inclusive and kind to people of very specific backgrounds and beliefs. Pretty ironic that a forum for early web stuff is throwing a giant roadblock in the way of what made early web so great. There was no monolithic culture, it was an organically evolving petri dish of whoever and whatever was plugged in. By limited who and what can plug in, they are missing the point completely.

200.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I gotta be honest and give them credit... not being able to promote a rival forum is a very web 1.0 thing to do. If this were 2002 we would organize a raid, flood their forums with links back here, and kick their shit in. lol
I mean... What's holding us back from doing a raid to defend the honor of agora chan :tou5:

WE WILL BE KNOWN TODAY MELON, TOMORROW >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

(Yes this is a joke)

Virtual Cafe Awards
What does that mean? AR doesn't have any real unifying values other than vaporwave interest. Opinions vary greatly on all sorts of things around here.
My guess is that the forum is not militantly pro-trans enough to satisfy the shitlib carebears.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
They're trying to cultivate a mood, I can respect that, but the message comes across as hugboxy and uninformed.

This forum can be a little combatitive with us all calling each other names in an effort to poke eachother into defending and reinforcing and reasoning on what we believe. From an outside perspective of people who have never had their beliefs challenged that can be seen as """toxic""", especially to Tumblr users.

Personally speaking, if you are coming into a forum and expecting us to drink your social gatoraid without a fight you deserve to be bullied until you leave.

Gatekeeping good, and on that cyclic note, I respect their decision to appropriately protect their space. Long live the Yesterweb.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I would truly be interested in what they find so reprehensible about the forum. Is it the fact that some people here are openly anti-furry? That's literally the only specific "exclusionary" thing I can think of ever having seen here. Pretty pathetic how spineless people have become.

My guess is that the forum is not militantly pro-trans enough to satisfy the shitlib carebears.
I know this is probably the real answer, but it makes me wonder how pro- you have to be to pass their purity exam. What it actually looks like in practice.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I mean... What's holding us back from doing a raid to defend the honor of agora chan :tou5:

WE WILL BE KNOWN TODAY MELON, TOMORROW >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

(Yes this is a joke)
Yeah! Cmon, let's go get em!

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Agora isn't a hugbox or a circlejerk, it is competitive jerking, if you can't keep up with the competition get out.
Wait, circlejerks AREN'T competitive jerking? What kinda lame circlejerks do you attend? Mine even compare the distance your load shot and sperm count desu.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
If this were 2002 we would organize a raid, flood their forums with links back here, and kick their shit in. lol
lul, reminds me of when those sadgrl.online discord servers were being raided by /g/ and they were freaking the fuck out, I wanna say that was about a year ago now. (Also when and how did sadgrl pass fauux on Neocities for most popular site??)

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
lul, reminds me of when those sadgrl.online discord servers were being raided by /g/ and they were freaking the fuck out, I wanna say that was about a year ago now. (Also when and how did sadgrl pass fauux on Neocities for most popular site??)
I find it impressive we haven't caught more attention from the chans. Maybe we overlap just enough to be uninteresting to them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RealTomCruise

Internet Pilgrim
Reaction score
Awards
I find it impressive we haven't caught more attention from the chans. Maybe we overlap just enough to be uninteresting to them.
I'm actually impressed we haven't gotten soyjak spammed to oblivion by soyjak.party, we are too small I guess, they will shit on anything they can get there hands on, chan boards, random tech site comments, some of the old twitch raids on there were pretty comfy and produced some gold for a bit.

Virtual Cafe Awards