Mr. Beast Curing 1000 people of blindness is an example of the system working.

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Mr. Beast recently released a new video were he cures 1000 people of blindness.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2ifmkGGus

I believe that this is an example of the youtube system working for the better, because it's a good act being rewarded.
Everywhere you look on youtube, drama and criticism wins out, beating out positive and heartwarming videos by a large margin.
This creates a culture of cynicism and mistrust that you can see growing in the world at large.
Mr. Beast's video however, is an exception, a video where a good at is not only done but, rewarded by the system on mass.
This not only encourages Mr. Beast to create more videos like this, doing more good deeds in process, but other big youtubers as well.

Anyway what do you guys think about the video and my little opinion on it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
The absolute state of Muttland. Retards celebrate this as some kind of miracle that he paid for peoples surgeries? Lmao in the rest of the world this is covered by your public health insurance.
What's so wrong with celebrating a good act, against a corrupt system.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
What's so wrong with celebrating a good act, against a corrupt system.
It puts the focus away from the broken system, and towards the actor within the broken system. It's also worth noting there's 2 broken systems at play here, American Healthcare with hilarious 6 figure bills, and YouTube with hilarious videos that are absolutely not hypnotic and apathy-inducing in nature. No system is fine if it requires philanthropy to provide equity, and individuals with the privilege to be philanthropic, often gained that privilege by questionable actions. I will reserve judgement for each philanthropist on a case-by-case basis, but if they contributed to the digital revolution or the industrial revolution they probably filled everyone's lives with a modicum more misery.

Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell for my next video where I make 1000 people blind for the first time

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
It puts the focus away from the broken system, and towards the actor within the broken system. It's also worth noting there's 2 broken systems at play here, American Healthcare with hilarious 6 figure bills, and YouTube with hilarious videos that are absolutely not hypnotic and apathy-inducing in nature. No system is fine if it requires philanthropy to provide equity, and individuals with the privilege to be philanthropic, often gained that privilege by questionable actions. I will reserve judgement for each philanthropist on a case-by-case basis, but if they contributed to the digital revolution or the industrial revolution they probably filled everyone's lives with a modicum more misery.

Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell for my next video where I make 1000 people blind for the first time
1. I never said that the systems you mentioned are good. Actually I've said the opposite.
2. It doesn't shift away focus from the broken system. The vast majority of people aren't focusing on the system to begin with. This allows the video to be an introduction to the problem while still propping up the creator. This encourages more creators to let there platforms be introductions to these problems increasing awareness.
3. Anyone can be a philanthropist.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
1. I never said that the systems you mentioned are good. Actually I've said the opposite.
2. It doesn't shift away focus from the broken system. The vast majority of people aren't focusing on the system to begin with. This allows the video to be an introduction to the problem while still propping up the creator. This encourages more creators to let there platforms be introductions to these problems increasing awareness.
3. Anyone can be a philanthropist.
  1. Ok.
  2. It does, it's called an attention economy for a reason. You have a limited amount of focus each day, you can put it into investments, methamphetamine, volunteering, personal projects, social causes, funko pops, McDonalds, KFC, books. If you are unaware of something, you can't act on it. If you have forgotten something, you might feel you've forgotten it, but you can't act on it. Also I don't really care about either system, because YouTube gives me funny cat videos and American healthcare gives me funny 6 dollar bill memes. Thanks for giving me your limited attention bucks.
  3. Thanks homeless man, this piece of cardboard and like $0.04 I will need to go to a coinstar booth with all the other Government money-laundering(the government loses money by printing $0.01 coins so why do they do this? TRADITIO- wait no, just because nobody cares and nobody puts focus on it). The money the homeless guy has is better put towards his own cause, not the cause of some tree charity(not saying tree charities are bad, but you can have "useless trees" or "useless eaters")

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I read the title to this thread and thought for a second that "Mr. Beast cures blind people" referred to some sort of faith healing and that he had unlocked greater spiritual powers
thumbnail.jpg

Sorry for off-topic btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Awards
Mr. Beast recently released a new video were he cures 1000 people of blindness.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2ifmkGGus

I believe that this is an example of the youtube system working for the better, because it's a good act being rewarded.
Everywhere you look on youtube, drama and criticism wins out, beating out positive and heartwarming videos by a large margin.
This creates a culture of cynicism and mistrust that you can see growing in the world at large.
Mr. Beast's video however, is an exception, a video where a good at is not only done but, rewarded by the system on mass.
This not only encourages Mr. Beast to create more videos like this, doing more good deeds in process, but other big youtubers as well.

Anyway what do you guys think about the video and my little opinion on it.

I'm usually quite cynical about these kind of stuff (you can't trust rich folks), but tbh, i can't hate mr beast, he doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, and his actions, even if insignificant in the big spectrum of thing, are actually actions, many millionaires won't do a shit for others, and even if it is just for attention and fame, mr beast is not actually harming or abusing anyone, so hey, at least i can respect that, there are many things wrong with the system, but tbh, i give Beast a pass for at least trying, and hey, if he can find himself at peace by doing it, go ahead, let the man be happy.

I just wish i lived in a system that isn't so darwinist and we had to rely too much on the same people who is making our life miserable, but hey, i'm a positivist, i think stuff always get better, in the meantime, kudos for everyone who tries to make other people's life better, no matter if you are poor or rich, your actions are the real legacy you left in this world.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I'm usually quite cynical about these kind of stuff (you can't trust rich folks), but tbh, i can't hate mr beast, he doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, and his actions, even if insignificant in the big spectrum of thing, are actually actions
I don't know how many people are aware of this, but back when he had <10000 subscribers, he used to make videos in his room, just making fun of kids and weird shit he found online. Whenever I see him in the news, I always see him as just some college student who's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, even though that's likely not the case anymore

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Tbh I dislike him a lot lmao. His stupid Thumbnails, his Hamster face, his videos which are clearly aimed at adhd children and if not, helps developing it I'm certain. He always spends ridiculous amounts of money on weird stuff or challenges in his videos. I wonder where this money is coming from. Because even if you have views like he does, ad money wont be enough to spend several million dollars every week. Most must be sponsored money.

Or at least a creative way to avoid taxes.
But no, what I dislike most about him, is that he is the epitomy of a good goy. His videos are harmless, non provocative, he discusses no greater topics, he doesnt use his brand and ridiculous reach to bring across a message. Its just good goy content. Its a bit like the "give a man a fish and he will eat a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat a lifetime" kinda thing. I dont even need to watch that video ( and I didnt) to know he doesnt even take 30 seconds to talk about how fugked up the US healthcare system is and that it does need to change. I just know it. Because then he would step on some people. He would threaten the current order and its benefactors. You like to tell me he isn't like them. But why doesn't he still take a moment to talk "real talk". This must mean he is a benefactor himself. Even pewdiepie shit on the system during his haydays. Filthy Frank became a legend because he shit on the system in a sarcastic ironic tone, but if you have more than 80IQ you saw through it. But not Ms Beast.

This is why I dislike him

Virtual Cafe Awards
im neutral on mr beast, i think what hes done right is just do dumb shit with his money most of the time, which is how all rich people should behave ( fuck you Bill Gates, go build an orbital space cannon or cyborgs running windows 11 instead of gay shit like curing "malaria"[THE REAL FAKE VIRUS] ), however some of his videos seem to have other motivations behind them, such as when a company owned by hormel foods sent him 10,000 turkeys to feed families... in the midst of a lawsuit against hormel for deceptive advertising, possibly making the video a way of increasing their reputation, which makes me think whether his other videos also serve more cynical purposes.

its also so weird watching him become this family friendly youtuber when like 5 years ago his whole thing was making fun of kids for having shitty intros & also trying to fill a similar space that edgier youtubers like idubbbz had at the time... he even still has a video of him calculating how many of his organs he'd need to sell to get rich still up on his channel, which is concerning as we've never actually seen his kidneys or liver on camera.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
So far I think this debate boils down to two sides. Either heartwarming videos distract from the problem, or heartwarming videos help give attention to the problem. Personally I think it helps give attention to the problem, because these videos cause people to think about it, at least in my experience. I have shown and shared the video with many people who were disturbed that the government doesn't cover the treatment for free. Than again I might have just gotten lucky with the people I showed it to.

Virtual Cafe Awards
But no, what I dislike most about him, is that he is the epitomy of a good goy. His videos are harmless, non provocative, he discusses no greater topics, he doesnt use his brand and ridiculous reach to bring across a message. Its just good goy content.
what do you expect from mr beast lol his content is primarily for children... do you look at childrens tv and also think the same thing??
what would mr beast with a message even look like?
"I SURVIVED THIS POST MODERN HELLSCAPE FOR 50 HOURS" (thumbnail is him being assaulted by a police officer at a BLM rally with a red circle around his insanely airbrushed face)

Filthy Frank became a legend because he shit on the system in a sarcastic ironic tone, but if you have more than 80IQ you saw through it. But not Ms Beast.
no hes a legend for eating cakes made out of hair & vomit

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
what do you expect from mr beast lol his content is primarily for children... do you look at childrens tv and also think the same thing??
what would mr beast with a message even look like?
"I SURVIVED THIS POST MODERN HELLSCAPE FOR 50 HOURS" (thumbnail is him being assaulted by a police officer at a BLM rally with a red circle around his insanely airbrushed face)

no hes a legend for eating a cakes made out of hair & vomit

Broke: He became a Legend for the Cake Trilogy

Woke: He became a Legend for publicly ridiculing current topics and rip them apart.

And yes. The Cake Trilogy remindsme of 2016 and the magic in pre covid life. So its the best content for me regardless.

Virtual Cafe Awards
And yes. The Cake Trilogy remindsme of 2016 and the magic in pre covid life. So its the best content for me regardless.
fuck susan 4 nuking them

Virtual Cafe Awards