Introduce yourself!

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Stark Raving Mad
Never knew Tony Shalhoub was in a show with Neil Patrick Harris, I quite enjoyed his work on Monk

Virtual Cafe Awards

Onryō

A post-human survival horror story.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Wait. We have a Lake Baikal tread!?

Welcome to Agora! Btw, hope you have a comfy time.

What creepy or unnerving media would you recommend? I love getting sp00ked, but it's hard for me to find anything that gives a sense of something truly 'unknown'

Ever heard of Gemini Home Entertainment?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Monk is a great show. Growing up, it was one of my family's go to shows. That and Burn Notice
Same here, minus the Burn Notice part, never really watched that or much of Psych but heard they're good.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Onryō

A post-human survival horror story.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
My Name is Earl. You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad stuff and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

90's nostalgia. A yearning for the time before the Great Recession, before 9/11, before the cancer of idpol and the corporate sterilization of the internet. A late-night disassociative kind of beat to vibe to halfway between the world I grew up in which longer exists and the future I was told about that's no longer possible.

What subgenres are you most into?
It's been years since I was into hard cataloguing music. I recall particularly enjoying future funk and vaportrap but I have no idea how reflective that is of my current tastes. I also listen to bedroom pop, 80s/90s industrial music, darkwave, black metal, classic country, and many other things.

How did you find out about this place?
I was a member of the Agora Road Discord server a few years ago. I've been lurking and browsing here occasionally for a couple years and felt like it was time to make an account. This site is one of very few that are still really unique and enjoyable.

What do you do for fun?
I spent most of the last decade devoted to music and technology, but got pretty burned out and dispassionate. I waste most of my waking hours in front of the computer these days. When I'm doing well I enjoy the outdoors, fitness, reading, cooking, learning about history and foreign languages, and shooter games. I love the strange and obscure and will happily spend days going down rabbit holes.

Welcome to Hell, soldier.

Virtual Cafe Awards

dorgon

Violently Peaceful
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
dorgon.neocities.org
My Name is Earl. You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad stuff and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me.

90's nostalgia. A yearning for the time before the Great Recession, before 9/11, before the cancer of idpol and the corporate sterilization of the internet. A late-night disassociative kind of beat to vibe to halfway between the world I grew up in which longer exists and the future I was told about that's no longer possible.

It's been years since I was into hard cataloguing music. I recall particularly enjoying future funk and vaportrap but I have no idea how reflective that is of my current tastes. I also listen to bedroom pop, 80s/90s industrial music, darkwave, black metal, classic country, and many other things.

I was a member of the Agora Road Discord server a few years ago. I've been lurking and browsing here occasionally for a couple years and felt like it was time to make an account. This site is one of very few that are still really unique and enjoyable.

What do you do for fun?
I spent most of the last decade devoted to music and technology, but got pretty burned out and dispassionate. I waste most of my waking hours in front of the computer these days. When I'm doing well I enjoy the outdoors, fitness, reading, cooking, learning about history and foreign languages, and shooter games. I love the strange and obscure and will happily spend days going down rabbit holes.

welcome to the central african republican waterboarding forum

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
Enjoy your stay in hell, michigan.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Enjoy your stay in hell, michigan.
In what I can only assume as one of the greatest ironic jokes of all time (or prot propaganda, I'm not sure) pretty much the only road leading into Hell MI is called Darwin Road. Makes me chuckle every time I see it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Red

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi lads, name's Red. Pleased to meet y'all

Scrubs, Simpsons (it's cancelled to me) or My name is Earl

false Nostalgia, dreams, escapism

mallsoft, synthwave/synth-pop

an ad on 4chan

What do you do for fun?
Video games, discovering new things, music & spriting

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hi lads, name's Red. Pleased to meet y'all

Scrubs, Simpsons (it's cancelled to me) or My name is Earl

false Nostalgia, dreams, escapism

mallsoft, synthwave/synth-pop

an ad on 4chan

What do you do for fun?
Video games, discovering new things, music & spriting
Red, huh, are you from argentina by any chance?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Red

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Oh no, i used to have a friend with the same nickname living in argentina, years ago, haven't seen him in 4 years.
Ohh, sorry to disappoint lol but hey you can have a new friend called red now KaReNwInK
seems a popular nickname overall tbh

Virtual Cafe Awards

PhrostiX

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don't watch sitcoms or TV in general anymore, but I am currently re-watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (I do not think it was officially cancelled).

I like to relate vaporwave to art and music. I've always been interested in the 80s and 90s, and anything related to vaporwave helps me immerse myself with the time period, even though I never lived through it. I grew up very young on the internet, starting at 3 years old, meaning that could be attributed to my unusual interest in past internet culture.

I like electronic music, dubstep, and pop for the most part. It's very difficult to pick out subgenres, but above all I like Glitch hop.

Liminal space ultimately led me to finding Disillusion, which in turn, caused me to discover the infamous Rick Tempest (Also known as Rig).

What do you do for fun?
I like to play video games and watch anime. Sometimes I go chill in Cafés with friends.

I'm glad to finally be part of this community

Last edited: