Introduce yourself!

Your average genderless depressed af tech cultist smoking marijuana on Saturn :pirateflag:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

Don't really watch sitcoms sorry lol. As for tv hmmmm maybe PANTHEON or Little Birds.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
cool vibes + nostalgia + nice visuals + cool music

What subgenres are you most into?
In regard to Vaporwave? I would say either Late Night Lo-Fi or Vapormeme could be my favorite subgenres. But idrk.

How did you find out about this place?

Been lurking for a year before signing up, dead internet facts originally introduced this spot to me.

What do you do for fun?

I like to write (worldbuilding/critiques/poetry/papers), contribute to opensource projects, work on my website, take cool photos, cosplay, 3d print random shit, and collect antique books/ cool lights.

:owostamp::delet32:

Brapuccino

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.zeropointfool.com
Hello there,
Nice to meet you all.
I was gonna choose the name Red but it was taken so I went with Brapuccino instead. That one wasn't taken for some reason.

I don't know a lot of cancelled sitcoms, much less one I could say I feel "identified" with. Big Twin Peaks fan, I suppose you could say I share a bit of Cooper's sense of wonder and curiosity and sometimes I think things just sort of happen around me.

I've always seen it mostly as a music genre but I suppose it's also an aesthetic as well.

In terms of vaporwave, wouldn't call it a subgenre, but you could say I sometimes like to listen to the "sources" of vapor tracks' samples. I spent a short time listening to a lot of citypop and I think Taeko Ōnuki was my favorite artist.

Mentioned positively on a different forum and was curious.

What do you do for fun?
I like watching movies, streaming stuff for friends, occasional photography, high effort shitposting (rare), cooking stuff sometimes and listening to music.
I used to go on trips somewhat regularly, at least until rona fuckd anythang up.

I make my own music as well, but unsure if I'd call it "fun". It can be a very rewarding and satisfying process, and I do love it for that, but it's also a lot of work and headaches and finishing tracks thinking "wow this is great" only to listen back to it the next day and thinking "what the fuck was I thinking?".

Looking forward to making some friends and having a good time.
7HzG87M.png

r_7

Balloons can get fucked...
Reaction score
Awards
Website
panthermoderns.org
There's not much to say, other than I'm here. I run some sites, I do some tech, I knew about cyberpunk before the Billy Idol album when it was released...

Sitcom... Sitcom... Fuck if I know, I can't recall the last actual sitcom I actually watched. Small Wonder?

It's like sex on drugs while drunk, in a dirty motel room with neon blasting through the window and a little blood on the carpet... O_o

I mean, I like them all, but ya know maybe Lo-Fi and Utopian...

I find things, I dunno. It's been on my radar for years honestly, lurked plenty. Just figured I would make an account, see what it's like...

What do you do for fun?

Watch movies, listen to music, make music, hack on some code, dink around with circuits, read books, play games, eat interesting food, drink interesting drinks, ya know what most people do...

GothMonk

Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, glad to be here! :hspin:

This forum already reminds me of a better time so I can't wait to get involved.

Only Fools and Horses - "This time next year we'll be millionaires"

Allows ease of thought to a world of dying 80's - 90's era of Capitalism

Chillwave & Elevator Music

Some article about the dead internet theory.

What do you do for fun?

Sleep, browse online and think about living in another galaxy, space bounty hunting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Hi all, glad to be here! :hspin:

This forum already reminds me of a better time so I can't wait to get involved.

Only Fools and Horses - "This time next year we'll be millionaires"

Allows ease of thought to a world of dying 80's - 90's era of Capitalism

Chillwave & Elevator Music

Some article about the dead internet theory.

What do you do for fun?

Sleep, browse online and think about living in another galaxy, space bounty hunting.
You might be the most chill individual I've seen join here in a while. Welcome and enjoy your stay! :LeDoritoFace:

Virtual Cafe Awards

shooshoo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings! Feels great to be here.

Sailormoon (haha) :anyaSmug:

The music to help me dig into this illusory reality and break some imposed rules

Lo-Fi, Elevator, witch-house

The Atlanic article (no kidding)

What do you do for fun?

Dancing tango, trying to get my 3rd degree (man, I've never felt so pathetically lazy) and stay offline (this one is hard too).

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings! Feels great to be here.

Sailormoon (haha) :anyaSmug:

The music to help me dig into this illusory reality and break some imposed rules

Lo-Fi, Elevator, witch-house

The Atlanic article (no kidding)

What do you do for fun?

Dancing tango, trying to get my 3rd degree (man, I've never felt so pathetically lazy) and stay offline (this one is hard too).
Welcome! This is a site without many actual rules lol. What imposed rules does vaporwave help you break?

Virtual Cafe Awards

shooshoo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What do you find interesting about it? I come from the land of tango and it's kind of weird to see so much interest when over here it's just a funny type of dance that very few practice

I've started dancing at the age of 24 for no reason, I just felt that it was my dance. I've also started studying Spanish but due to a few dramatic depression episodes my knowledge is still somewhere around very-very beginner (going to start again this April).
Later, after a year of dancing, I've figured out that tango (dunno about other pair social dances though) is a mirror of relationship between me and men/ me and me / me and the world.
All the mistakes I make are represented in my mind in a way of false beliefs, psychological traumas and so on. Now the tango for me is more than just dancing, it's therapy.

Well, beside all of this, it's so emotionally fillfulling to be in physical non-sexual yet emotional contact with other people!

Last edited:

__legalizenukes2024__

Nuclear extremist
Reaction score
Awards
Hey im acided god, and all I can say is if my bitch fucks you ima be thankful
What canceled sitcom best represents your life
Community
What does vaporwave mean to you
Some good songs
I like Saint Pepsi's stuff, Floral Shoppe and vaporwave rap mashups.
/mu/
What do you do for fun
I listen to music and study.

J. Cam

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings all!!! I'm Jak, i shall now answer these very important questions.

Currently 'The Inbetweeners'. That's a very British answer though, so I'll also say 'Stranger things' but minus all the cool stuff. I am just a teenager lmao.

hmmmmmmmm, not a WHOLE lot to be honest. dont get me wrong, i think its a cool-ass art style, and i wanna involve myself with the community more, but it's never been anything more to me than a word to describe an artistic genre.

sub-genres of vaporwave? um... i have no idea lol. AGAIN, i think vaporwave is awesome, but it's the cozy, warm, nostalgic feeling of this forum that brought me here, not the vaporwave cummunity.

i think >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk - i'm not a huge redditor, but i was just looking for some old-internet nostalgia, and it looks like i've hit the jackpot.

What do you do for fun?

make youtube videos :) :) also hanging out with friends, both IRL and online

Clockwork

Always running.
Reaction score
Awards
Currently 'The Inbetweeners'. That's a very British answer though, so I'll also say 'Stranger things' but minus all the cool stuff. I am just a teenager lmao.
I love that The Inbetweeners is so culturally relevant to the next generation of kids, too. It's pretty much timeless. I was 100% a Will. You?

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: 56k

J. Cam

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I love that The Inbetweeners is so culturally relevant to the next generation of kids, too. It's pretty much timeless. I was 100% a Will. You?
lmao dude you're too right. my ass got one girlfriend and i felt like the jay of my friend group for a while, but that since ended, and now i'd say im more of a simon, kinda just existing haha