Gaia by Blank Banshee Album Review

Gaia by Blank Banshee is the last album published by him on November 30, 2020.
After years of waiting from the last album, which was Mega in 2016, Blank Banshee surprised us with a whole new masterwork.
It has got 15 songs, let's see them!

Primordial: this is the first song of the album, which is a great one! At the beginning we hear some notes that will get looped during the whole song in different ways, it's very calming and relaxing.

Mindtrap: this piece starts with a rapped part, which gets distorted during the whole song, here you can hear the same notes from the first song.

Tetralix: Tetralix is a very rhythmic beat with sung parts, the overall "mood" of the song is very chill. 10/10.

Blue Marble: the melody has initial pauses but then it gets fast, and then again slow, the synthesizers are very easy to hear here.

Green Ray: this song has got a catchy rhythm and it's very much different from traditional vaporwave, also I personally would define the end "mysterious", maybe this wasn't the intent but it really is.

Teknofossil: this one, just like the name suggests, takes inspiration from techno music, but it always keeps a beautiful chill mood that gets more energia in some parts, alternating the main melody with other sounds.

Mythril: it goes directly to the melody, no pauses or suspance. Mythril is something I would define as polyphonic, a canon, a repetition, Bach would be proud.

Chlorine: there's an initial sound that comes and goes during the song in different tones, there are also vocals. You can hear the EDM influence.

Aquaduct: this one reminds me of when you're somewhere alone and all your thoughts go with the flow.

Enso: this sound is similar to Aquaduct but with less repetitions.

Neo Geo: starts with synths that are extremely beautiful, very clear melody and very emotional, I would say almost nostalgic.

Sentinel: Sentinel starts with a rhythmic succession that gets repeat during the whole song.

Fund My Death: spoken parts, at first it seems a song that will be very aggressive, but it's not, it's a calm piece that gets energia during the chorus. Fund my death!!

Uncanny Valley: piano melody with parts that seem very mechanical thrills, but, even though there's this energy, the feeling is a bit nostalgic.

Escape: here, synthesizers make the rules! But, there's still a great EDM influence, this one seems like a perfect song for an action movie!

To be honest, this album is a great one! And it was a great surprise during 2020.
I'm proud of what Blank Banshee made and I'm happy to see how he got so much influences from many different genres, I love how experimental was in some parts and to be honest, it's extremely original.

View: https://blankbanshee.bandcamp.com/album/gaia

Attachments

• 3C635CF9-BB74-4EB6-A721-1EF1700F332A.jpeg
    3C635CF9-BB74-4EB6-A721-1EF1700F332A.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 1,460

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Gaia by Blank Banshee is the last album published by him on November 30, 2020.
After years of waiting from the last album, which was Mega in 2016, Blank Banshee surprised us with a whole new masterwork.
It has got 15 songs, let's see them!

Primordial: this is the first song of the album, which is a great one! At the beginning we hear some notes that will get looped during the whole song in different ways, it's very calming and relaxing.

Mindtrap: this piece starts with a rapped part, which gets distorted during the whole song, here you can hear the same notes from the first song.

Tetralix: Tetralix is a very rhythmic beat with sung parts, the overall "mood" of the song is very chill. 10/10.

Blue Marble: the melody has initial pauses but then it gets fast, and then again slow, the synthesizers are very easy to hear here.

Green Ray: this song has got a catchy rhythm and it's very much different from traditional vaporwave, also I personally would define the end "mysterious", maybe this wasn't the intent but it really is.

Teknofossil: this one, just like the name suggests, takes inspiration from techno music, but it always keeps a beautiful chill mood that gets more energia in some parts, alternating the main melody with other sounds.

Mythril: it goes directly to the melody, no pauses or suspance. Mythril is something I would define as polyphonic, a canon, a repetition, Bach would be proud.

Chlorine: there's an initial sound that comes and goes during the song in different tones, there are also vocals. You can hear the EDM influence.

Aquaduct: this one reminds me of when you're somewhere alone and all your thoughts go with the flow.

Enso: this sound is similar to Aquaduct but with less repetitions.

Neo Geo: starts with synths that are extremely beautiful, very clear melody and very emotional, I would say almost nostalgic.

Sentinel: Sentinel starts with a rhythmic succession that gets repeat during the whole song.

Fund My Death: spoken parts, at first it seems a song that will be very aggressive, but it's not, it's a calm piece that gets energia during the chorus. Fund my death!!

Uncanny Valley: piano melody with parts that seem very mechanical thrills, but, even though there's this energy, the feeling is a bit nostalgic.

Escape: here, synthesizers make the rules! But, there's still a great EDM influence, this one seems like a perfect song for an action movie!

To be honest, this album is a great one! And it was a great surprise during 2020.
I'm proud of what Blank Banshee made and I'm happy to see how he got so much influences from many different genres, I love how experimental was in some parts and to be honest, it's extremely original.

View: https://blankbanshee.bandcamp.com/album/gaia

Nicely indepth thanks I appreciate the track by track rundown.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I was a little disappointed tbh.

Not that it was BAD, it just wasn't to my taste. I had much higher expectations, and this fell a little short. seemed less cohesive and even a little rushed

here's to hoping BB smashes it on the next one

vaporghoul

どこにいますか?
Reaction score
Awards
Not that it was BAD, it just wasn't to my taste. I had much higher expectations, and this fell a little short. seemed less cohesive and even a little rushed
exactly, it's just so mediocre for a producer like Blank Banshee

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

exactly, it's just so mediocre for a producer like Blank Banshee
yep. thing is, nobody is perfect 100% of the time.

unless you're Dali or Michelangelo or Beethoven or something, everyone has the potential for putting out bad works of art, we can all stumble. a huge part of making art, and one of it's big things is everyone can interpret it differently. BB might have thought this was his magnum opus, every song was a banger...in his lens, maybe the possibility that people wouldn't like it as much never crossed his mind.

even the beatles had some straight up garbage..

vaporghoul

どこにいますか?
Reaction score
Awards
yep. thing is, nobody is perfect 100% of the time.
I definitely think this mindset that everybody must be this standard 100% has definitely contributed to spikes in motivation whether it be negative or not. Personally if he did it for personal reasons and BB feels like he made a really good record (bc at the end of the day it's still good) then that's his success. I feel like there needs to be acceptance of occasional mediocrity without it becoming the standard.

Virtual Cafe Awards