What games have you been playing lately?

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Replaying Deltarune because the games are pretty easy with one hand.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah bro, we all already watched that SSeth video.

I don't know who that is.

I saw the developer posting about it in a rpg forum back in 2013, most of the game was unplayable and the flash player would have seizures and blink all over the place. Its a great game now. I recommend.

In these last 4 days i've been playing Jagged alliance 2, you are a pmc group trying to liberate an island of a dictatress all while trying to recruit the locals and making enough money to pay your mercs. Each one of your mercs has their own set of abilities and flaws, some of them work well with others and some of them will fight between themselves lowering your squad ability to work effectively, permadeath so if they die they're gone. Some times there is weird slowdowns.

Recommend.

Attachments

• jag4.jpg
    jag4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
  • jag3.jpg
    jag3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 41
  • jag2.jpg
    jag2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 45
  • jag1.jpg
    jag1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 44
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know who that is.

I saw the developer posting about it in a rpg forum back in 2013, most of the game was unplayable and the flash player would have seizures and blink all over the place. Its a great game now. I recommend.

In these last 4 days i've been playing Jagged alliance 2, you are a pmc group trying to liberate an island of a dictatress all while trying to recruit the locals and making enough money to pay your mercs. Each one of your mercs has their own set of abilities and flaws, some of them work well with others and some of them will fight between themselves lowering your squad ability to work effectively, permadeath so if they die they're gone. Some times there is weird slowdowns.

Recommend.
oh wow, jagged alliance 2, such an obscure game about mercs i already finished a long time ago, what next, are you gonna talk me about mech warrior 2?
1674920957347.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
oh wow, jagged alliance 2, such an obscure game about mercs i already finished a long time ago, what next, are you gonna talk me about mech warrior 2?
Its a thread about games you've been playing, thats what I have been playing. Its mech warrior 2 good? I never played it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Nintendo's making some old GBC games available through their online service, so I took up Link's Awakening DX. It's my first time playing it in probably 20-25 years. I remember loving the game when I played it back on the GBC, and it's still a lot of fun. I'm stunned that I still remember a lot of the map and other details after so many years.

Compared to a lot of recent games, I love how un-addictive this game is. I don't feel compelled to play it 24/7, and the whole thing can be completed in 5-10 hours.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry for the double post but,
I've pumped maybe 60 hours into Deep Rock Galactic in the past month. Pretty good.
Can I get a Rock and Stone!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Just started Chrono Trigger, already see why some consider it a masterpiece.
You're in for a ride. The only JRPG I actually enjoyed replaying. The music is SUCH a fucking banger!

Once you met all party members, tell me who your main trio is (I feel like who your first CT party was is like some kind of Rorschach test that tells about people's personalities lol)

Me playing;
Replaying Elden Ring because around this time last year it released and I felt the itch again. Apparently I like the early-mid game WAY more now because ij the last ~weeks I had more fun making 4 new characters with different builds than finishing it once. When I reached the Mountaintop of Giants and beat the fire giant I stopped enjoying it and started over.

Tried out the 3 hour demo on steam of Octopath Traveler 2. I actually bought the first one and while gameplay and presentation were superb, the story and characters were just such a genereic6 square jrpg slop that I couldn't care less which made other games way more attractive and I dropped it after not even 20 hours. The demo however got me hooked. I pondered probably 20 minutes of which character to choose because several seemed appealing. I finally decided on the cleric/inquisitor guy and his story was so gripping I'd love to actually see where it leads to. Met one other character whose story also was pretty neat and then the 3 hours were over.
Not paying 60 coins for it but definitely wishlisted.

Then Symphony of War: Nepheliim Saga went on sale on Steam and I grabbed it. I'm a small fan of the GBA fire emblems and I really like advance wars so once a year I get an itch for theyr tactics games. Modern FE is really not my type so I was happy to try this one and depsite some UI jank it feels like FE+.CCurrently at chapter 4 only but so far I've been having a blast.

Lastly I finally found a group of 5 online friends to play Barotrauma with. With the announcement of 1.0 dropping soon it got back on our radar (or rather sonar haha get it? get it? it's joke because submarines use sonars! haha) and we now have a weekly session every Thursday evening. 4-7 players are probably the optimal player count to enjoy it with.

thank you for your attention

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
You're in for a ride. The only JRPG I actually enjoyed replaying. The music is SUCH a fucking banger!

Once you met all party members, tell me who your main trio is (I feel like who your first CT party was is like some kind of Rorschach test that tells about people's personalities lol)

Me playing;
Replaying Elden Ring because around this time last year it released and I felt the itch again. Apparently I like the early-mid game WAY more now because ij the last ~weeks I had more fun making 4 new characters with different builds than finishing it once. When I reached the Mountaintop of Giants and beat the fire giant I stopped enjoying it and started over.

Tried out the 3 hour demo on steam of Octopath Traveler 2. I actually bought the first one and while gameplay and presentation were superb, the story and characters were just such a genereic6 square jrpg slop that I couldn't care less which made other games way more attractive and I dropped it after not even 20 hours. The demo however got me hooked. I pondered probably 20 minutes of which character to choose because several seemed appealing. I finally decided on the cleric/inquisitor guy and his story was so gripping I'd love to actually see where it leads to. Met one other character whose story also was pretty neat and then the 3 hours were over.
Not paying 60 coins for it but definitely wishlisted.

Then Symphony of War: Nepheliim Saga went on sale on Steam and I grabbed it. I'm a small fan of the GBA fire emblems and I really like advance wars so once a year I get an itch for theyr tactics games. Modern FE is really not my type so I was happy to try this one and depsite some UI jank it feels like FE+.CCurrently at chapter 4 only but so far I've been having a blast.

Lastly I finally found a group of 5 online friends to play Barotrauma with. With the announcement of 1.0 dropping soon it got back on our radar (or rather sonar haha get it? get it? it's joke because submarines use sonars! haha) and we now have a weekly session every Thursday evening. 4-7 players are probably the optimal player count to enjoy it with.

thank you for your attention
Have you heard of Chained Echoes? It's not that popular, but those who played it seem to like it, and compare it to Chrono Trigger, SNES Final Fantasy, and others of that era.

There's also Sea of Stars set to release this year, that looks good as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Every once in a while i feel like playing NEO scavenger.

Its a Near future post-apoc survival game set in detroit with some cyoa features. Roguelike so you only get one life and a good playthrough might end with you being woke up with a werewolf on top of you shredding you to pieces, drinking untreated water and shitting yourself to death while running away from detroit robocops, or getting you brain blowed out with a 308 sniper by some methhead scavenger so far from you you never had a chance. That is assuming you can avoid getting sick from the rot cultists, swarmed by melonhead mutants or stabbed by some random guy you met and said he wanted to trade items.

One of my favorite games of all time.
You play it with any mods?

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Replaying the metal gear solid saga (And affirming my unpopular opinion that MGS4 And Peace Walker are the best metal gear of them all)
View attachment 53731
metal gear solid 4 gifs | WiffleGif

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD | Game UI Database
Patrician choice. I remember playing Peacewalker and doing CO-OPs with my Dad on the PSP yonks ago. 'Tis a great game

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You play it with any mods?
I tried to when they were approved by the dev, now a lot of them are just inane things,

-------------

I've been playing the o.g heroes of might, its a good time waster to play a 20 min map every once in a while.
I played a lot as a kid, it stills holds some sentimental value even though its very basic compared to the later entries in the series.

Attachments

• 1676945704778.png
    1676945704778.png
    823.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1676945804443.png
    1676945804443.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 37
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Have you heard of Chained Echoes? It's not that popular, but those who played it seem to like it, and compare it to Chrono Trigger, SNES Final Fantasy, and others of that era.

There's also Sea of Stars set to release this year, that looks good as well.
Never heard of it and just watched a short review and it's actually homegrown (German)! Looks pretty cute tbh, I think I might wishlist it and grab it when it's cheap when I have nothing to play. Thanks for the recommendation.

Virtual Cafe Awards