How many stable Agorans actually exist? One or two? Are you stable?

It has come to my attention that Agorans might be self selecting for instability and irrationality. Which are both excellent traits in people, but not so great when it comes to interpersonal relationships between members. So My question is this:

Do you consider yourself to be one of the stable agorans? What is your evidence?

stability-instability-concept-260nw-1161106909.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dolfin

Cetacean Sensation
Reaction score
Awards
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's sanity in the face of schizoposts that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Dolfin was crazy and could be asked to take meds instead of posting. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to write more posts. Dolfin would be crazy to write more posts and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to write them. If he wrote them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to."

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
I've got my problems and some abnormal interests and opinions, but I'm also a stable guy who can get along with both my friends and with strangers without scaring them off. I suspect the same goes for most people in this site. What's the point of pretending to be crazier than you really are?

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Like.. how?
Mentally? Emotionally? Economically? Behaviorally? Stable way of life?

Economically I'm stable but not for much longer (self-chosen)
Mentally I'm pretty consistent and I'm mindful of how I'm feeling and usually aware as to why.
Behaviorally, yeah. I don't switch up personalities. I have my work-face and my friend-face, and my friend-face is the same as my I'm alone at home face so I think i'm good

If you mean stable as in like, few eccentricities, or being "normal" - hell no not even close

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I'm clinically insane, and diagnosed by my psychiatrist, tbh, i don't care at this point, i spent all my life prentending i was normal when i was not and i'm not, so i just embrace being a crazy sub-human, life has been improved 50% more after that lol. :tou5::BeerTime:

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
I'm clinically insane, and diagnosed by my psychiatrist, tbh, i don't care at this point, i spent all my life prentending i was normal when i was not and i'm not, so i just embrace being a crazy sub-human, life has been improved 50% more after that lol. :tou5::BeerTime:
insane like how

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Insane like: 3 kind of different meds to keep me stable.

He wasn't so direct, but it was pretty obvious my doctor was calling me crazy.
dont take your meds and make wild posts so we can tell you to take your meds

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I'm normie.
Office job, gf, friends, non online hobbies.

Virtual Cafe Awards
- i was played on.
-- world of broken promises pre-2001~2008...
--- "you need to be unique to stand out", so, next step in my mind was > "no way to be normie" >> i never knew what *they* (who?) meant
- does computers screw us all in some way? or was is that we made ourselves... we build them... then, we dont know ourselves > you dont know things until it is too late? or > was it "The Plan"? use people as puppets > "NPC Naysayers"? - to make all sorts of crazy laws? power-trip?
I dont want to - but, do i HAVE TO be bad, in any sense?
-- Last time i had any confidence was in 2010-2015... but it was nothing much, it was just fuzzy feeling. there were bad things, yet, i felt fine...
so, do i hate myself now? because - why? am i afraid to lose that? then, what happened!? is it some kind of trauma - or simply, disability to adapt? maybe thats why --- i miss 2008-2013 - times when i could be naiive. myself. no pretend, even if i wanted to... is it only now that i am afraid? or am i going insane and want to blame others for "making problems to sell cure"?
- maybe i never was teenager, so with strict and boomers-like parents, it is like i have to make my dreams now - if i only wanted to - if i wasnt so emberassed...
-- "teen-ages in stasis"? > peter pan syndrome? --- i dont want to live in my head - but what to do -
stupid kidney and urostomy
- what i even want?? - am i afraid of success, of being "too strong", "bad" to others? there are like milion things...
::: AM I NORMAL?: could be, maybe i am just afraid to be

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'm stable and emotionally adjusted, I have a gf and good friends and I'm performing well at university. However, I'm unabashedly and irrevocably eccentric, people who meet me tell me things like "you're the strangest non-crazy person I've met". There have been times in my life where I've felt unstable, or like I'm diverging too far from consensus to fit in with other humans, but I've learned from those experiences continually and kept integrating myself. I love having weird outside perspectives and seeing things from unusual angles, it genuinely helps me with all kinds of stuff every day.

I use agora to post stuff without thinking about it, without vetting my thoughts for normalcy or accuracy. It's a testing ground of sorts for me, you get unfiltered schizoposts and then once I've written stuff out I can form more measured positions to express to people I know IRL.

protip: the key to being stable is self-awareness and awareness of your reactions to information. Meditate more!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
I'm stable. Got a great gf, a job, and while I don't have a child, I've been taking care of my niece for so long that she's starting to feel like a daughter.

The only time I haven't been stable economically was a short period of homelessness (5 months) after being fired.

There have been many time that I've been emotionally unstable. One time was when I found out my Uncle Richard committed suicide when I was 10. Another was when my brother died, and when I found out I was an IVF baby (very confusing and terrifying to a young Christian boy).

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If you mean "being able to blend in this society" then yes, too much of a normie honestly. I'm pretty sure if any of you niggas met me in real life you won't be able to associate my nekoposts with me. Though it isn't necessary a good thing as I would just admit that I don't have the courage to let my inner otherkin self out.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I would say I'm pretty stable. After being a social outcast in grade school because kids can be pretty mean sometimes, I learned to not care what others thought about me if their opinion about me was completely wrong. Somehow that grew into me really being able to analyze myself which allowed me to get a good grip on my emotions and make sure that they don't dictate my actions. Financially I'm stable. I have a job that pays pretty well and my wife works a teaching job that brings in some really nice bonus revenue. I wish I had more offline hobbies than I currently do but I'm too much of an introvert to regularly do stuff and none of my friends have the same work hours as me meaning that they generally are ok to stay out later while I want to get back home so that I'm not too dead when my alarm goes off at 5:30. Trying to be better about the whole introvert thing though because if I'm not strict with myself on it I know that I would lose my friends due to me being too much of a shut-in

Virtual Cafe Awards