Losers going on mass shootings general thread

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Wow, more people killed people. Incredible. Humans haven't been doing that for thousands of years. Oh the humanity. When will human on human violence end. #SomePoliticalNonsense

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I don't really see how them being trans is particularly relevant.
Quite the outlier when anyone other than a male does this sort of thing, I'd say it's note worthy in that regard.

you'd expect some sort of manifesto explaining that, as is typical of terrorists (terrorists as in politically motivated mass murderers)
Police found one but not sure if any of the contents will get released. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that sort of thing is described in there.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Wow, more people killed people. Incredible. Humans haven't been doing that for thousands of years. Oh the humanity. When will human on human violence end. #SomePoliticalNonsense
If I took that fursuit off, would you die?

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Tinfoil time: MSM and elite politicians of both sides will let this story die in the news cycle because it doesn't fit cleanly into narrative of who commits these heinous acts, any discussion of mental health surrounding this individual will be... complicated, and there's no case for the right to make that doesn't naturally result in something counter to their other held beliefs. The only coalitions that will seize on this story are the three that have all been waning in terms of political relevance over the last 20 years: intensely religious people, anti-LGBT groups, and gun control advocates.

That post was shockingly cogent for a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post, and it's telling that it was deleted. I have sympathy for people who see themselves as trans, but also do not agree with what they advocate for a lot of the reasons mentioned in that post. Additionally, I don't think they're adult about mental health issues and the possibility of alternative explanations to "being born in the wrong body." Oppression of certain groups has always existed in human history, it's a sad truth but it is the truth. The difference is that these type of violent outbursts, suicide rates, deep hatred for self and others and self destructive behavior was not observed in African Americans under Jim Crowe (or even literal chattel slavery!), gay people prior to modern social acceptance, immigrant groups discriminated against through actual legislation restricting their rights, et cetera. I'm sure there are plenty other examples from around the world that fit in to what I'm saying here, but I'm naturally most familiar with American history. The reality is that these people don't have it half as bad as the groups I just described (even if you're from a small conservative town just move to NYC or whatever), yet they think of themselves as the ultimate victims of history and believe the only way out to is destroy society and rebuild it in their image. I don't claim to have a solution but damn something needs to change.
Lmao yeah. I was thinking how, despite being worried about repercussions from the fallout of this shooting for both sides of the political debate, this shooting contradicts cherished narratives by both the American left and right wings. However, I think that the groups that might benefit the most from this are alt-righters, but they're a joke so there's little to be concerned about.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really see how them being trans is particularly relevant. If that theory proposed by the plebbitor was true, you'd expect some sort of manifesto explaining that, as is typical of terrorists (terrorists as in politically motivated mass murderers)
Shooting up a former school is pretty common for mass shooters, either they attended prior or are currently attending. This literally doesn't stand out except for the fact that the shooter was trans this time around.
As for this getting buried by the media, well... yeah. With how common these are, they're not gonna dwell on this. It has to be a Sandy Hook 2.0 at this point to get more than 15 minutes of fame.
If a fundamentalist Christian went and shot a school or college known for being progressive, a few days after the state passed some sort of law that the Christian fundamentalist community deems as oppressive, even if there was no manifesto left (And we don't know if this is the case), I think it would be a safe inference to think that the shooting was politically motivated.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
If a fundamentalist Christian went and shot a school or college known for being progressive, a few days after the state passed some sort of law that the Christian fundamentalist community deems as oppressive, even if there was no manifesto left (And we don't know if this is the case), I think it would be a safe inference to think that the shooting was politically motivated.
If they had no links to the school, then yes, it would be. A former student might just have a grudge, however.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
If a fundamentalist Christian went and shot a school or college known for being progressive, a few days after the state passed some sort of law that the Christian fundamentalist community deems as oppressive
Oh I misread that, ignore my former quote.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If that theory proposed by the plebbitor was true, you'd expect some sort of manifesto explaining that, as is typical of terrorists (terrorists as in politically motivated mass murderers)
You clearly haven't read literally any of the news articles about this event, otherwise you'd know one of the first pieces of information released by law enforcement was that they recovered a manifesto, detailed maps of the school, and plans of how to carry it out.

However, I think that the groups that might benefit the most from this are alt-righters, but they're a joke so there's little to be concerned about.
Yeah probably. This is exactly why I expect we won't be hearing about this basically at all by the time another 10 days passes, with the potential exception of it being pulled out every now and then by people who want to take pot shots at the trans movement. We'll see.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
You clearly haven't read literally any of the news articles about this event, otherwise you'd know one of the first pieces of information released by law enforcement was that they recovered a manifesto, detailed maps of the school, and plans of how to carry it out.
A manifesto saying what? Published where, if anywhere? It could just be saying "fuck this shit, I wanna die" for all we know.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

Yeah probably. This is exactly why I expect we won't be hearing about this basically at all by the time another 10 days passes, with the potential exception of it being pulled out every now and then by people who want to take pot shots at the trans movement. We'll see.
Didn't know there was a manifesto (I know this was directed at dadiscar but still), weird she didn't post it anywhere online, or it just hasn't surfaced. I still find it amazing that it took almost a decade to find Adam Lanza's youtube channel

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
A domestic terrorist's gender isn't important. Any mention of this individual's gender identity is just falling for the corpo news agenda. Who gives a shit what gender a mass murderer of children is.
Finally someone get it, this is nothing but a plot to incite more violence, to divide population and increase the number of shootings in a never ending cycle of violence, to keep up the money rolling and control pumping in their oligarchic agendas.

Virtual Cafe Awards