The Agora road my little pony thread

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
So... what do you guys think about Starlight Glimmer?
Now that was a controversial horse back in the day.

full.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards
View attachment 59540

I actually liked Spring Breakdown. The worst one is the one they go to the cinema imo. Or the theme park one.

View attachment 59541
I am gonna fucking murder Dostoevsky brothers. I read this fuckers book all my life, i thought Crime and Punishment was a good book and i suggested people read it. This is all in the past now, i am gonna fucking break into the serveer room of them and format the computer his AI runs on.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
So... what do you guys think about Starlight Glimmer?
Now that was a controversial horse back in the day.

View attachment 59573
I liked her in the EQG episode she was in. Though I never watched that far into the actual MLP. From what I've gathered, most people on /mlp/ think jer redemption arc sucked, and that she got off way too easy for what she did. They also says it shows Twi and co have a double standard when they forgive Glimmer (Who apparently destroyed multiple dimensions?) but are okay with turning a filly to stone.

A bit off-topic to OP's question. I don't care what Cozy Glow actually did, putting her to stone is so fucked up lmao

Virtual Cafe Awards
I liked her in the EQG episode she was in. Though I never watched that far into the actual MLP. From what I've gathered, most people on /mlp/ think jer redemption arc sucked, and that she got off way too easy for what she did. They also says it shows Twi and co have a double standard when they forgive Glimmer (Who apparently destroyed multiple dimensions?) but are okay with turning a filly to stone.

A bit off-topic to OP's question. I don't care what Cozy Glow actually did, putting her to stone is so fucked up lmao
She is basically Twilight but she is a communist and her Mentor is Twilight. Her relationship with Trixie was really cute but the horrible ground Glimmer had makes it hard for me to like her. Her redemption is horrible because Cozy(a literal child) got worse punishment than Glimmer. Glimmer did things far worse without anyones manipulation while Cozy was manipulated by creatures thousands times older than her for most evil she did(and she is a child)

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
She is basically Twilight but she is a communist and her Mentor is Twilight. Her relationship with Trixie was really cute but the horrible ground Glimmer had makes it hard for me to like her. Her redemption is horrible because Cozy(a literal child) got worse punishment than Glimmer. Glimmer did things far worse without anyones manipulation while Cozy was manipulated by creatures thousands times older than her for most evil she did(and she is a child)
I just lol at the idea that the mare 6 could give a child such a horrible punishment, like wtf. And iirc when you're in stone you're also conscious, fucking hell that's high-key something a villain would do.

Fingers crossed they bring Cozy back for G5 and actually try to redeem her, it would be pretty cool for that to be a moment of revelation to the main cast, 'Maybe Twi actually did some mistakes...' But thats probably too good for the glorified toy commercial that G5 seems to be.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards

The last 2-3 seasons, basically everything after the movie is garbage. The plot in the last seasons is atrocious. Don't let me started on the whole diversity six, and character bloat as well.
The prime part of the G4 is the first 3 seasons, princess Twilight was a mistake, and later blowing up the tree library was a double mistake, but at least the show still had a chill vibe.

So... Discord basically unites the villains as a prank bro (?), then the villains (who were threatened by Discord in a disguise) who were kinda learning friendship ended up being turned to stone while Discord didn't got any punishment. Not to mention what a lame twist, originally it looked like they will get a proper big bad that comes across the whole season, but nope.

To add insult to injury with Cozy Glow, even Daring Doo's villain got redeemed. Like really. wtf

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgFKvWDz3U

Nagolbud was right, these jesuits ruin everything. MLP meant so much for me and it ended like this. (there is one episode after this, that too has some controversial things. lol)

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
The last 2-3 seasons, basically everything after the movie is garbage. The plot in the last seasons is atrocious. Don't let me started on the whole diversity six, and character bloat as well.
The prime part of the G4 is the first 3 seasons, princess Twilight was a mistake, and later blowing up the tree library was a double mistake, but at least the show still had a chill vibe.

So... Discord basically unites the villains as a prank bro (?), then the villains (who were threatened by Discord in a disguise) who were kinda learning friendship ended up being turned to stone while Discord didn't got any punishment. Not to mention what a lame twist, originally it looked like they will get a proper big bad that comes across the whole season, but nope.

To add insult to injury with Cozy Glow, even Daring Doo's villain got redeemed. Like really. wtf

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgFKvWDz3U

Nagolbud was right, these jesuits ruin everything. MLP meant so much for me and it ended like this. (there is one episode after this, that too has some controversial things. lol)

Yeah I know about the Discord twist, from the outside, it sounds so fucking stupid. Like what's going through the writer's head lmao?? I swear they all went to the same school where they teach you you've got to subvert expectations or have twists for no other reason than for their own sake. I see the same issue with Snoke and Grogar, they were just involved on a narrative twist for the sake of shocking the audience, but leaving them with nothing better in place. A twist is only justified when it adds more to the story, not detracts from it.

Also, Discord's motivations for testing Twi is so beyond stupid. Like what kind of logic is that? Imagine someone reviving Hitler and Stalin and giving them full armies just to teach the president of the US a lesson... And I can't get over that Discord, whose fault it was that those 3 started wreaking havoc again, fucking Discord is the one that suggests to Celestia to turn them to stone, while he walks away with barely any punishment.

1681335243828.png

Like, she looks so sad and scared xDDDD It's like the writers went out of their way to make it cruel. Speaking of Cozy Glow, I'm actually editing a Cozy Glow fanfic right now, I'll link it once it comes out (If everything goes well, the issue I've had with editing is that I end up doing a full rewrite lol)

Also, the Diversity 6 xDDDD Idk, I kinda like the idea of the Mane 6 having to mentor a new generation of ponies (Though of course, they had to be a diverse cast of creatures) into the ways of friendship, that could've been cool. Heck even if they aren't ponies, it still is a good idea IMO. But from what I've gathered the execution was so horrible they lost all relevance by S9.

these jesuits ruin everything. MLP meant so much for me and it ended like this.
Wait how do you know how Nagolbud is?

Also, yeah I've got a complicated relationship with MLP because even though I enjoy engaging with the fandom and fan content, I just can't bring myself to rewatch the show even if I've got the impulse to do it because I know how much shit the ending is.... It's one of those things that, perhaps, it's better to retain my untainted memories and nostalgia rather than ruin it for how bad the show ends up.

(there is one episode after this, that too has some controversial things. lol)
I think despite it being controversial, the actual final episode was more or less well-received right?

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
I think despite it being controversial, the actual final episode was more or less well-received right?
Well, it's not that hard to be better received than the worst episode of the show.

Wait how do you know how Nagolbud is?
Beside lurking here sincs like 2019/20 had an acc here and there as well. I kinda miss how much crazier and active the forum seemed back in the day.
But perhaps only time makes it look that way.

Also, yeah I've got a complicated relationship with MLP because even though I enjoy engaging with the fandom and fan content, I just can't bring myself to rewatch the show even if I've got the impulse to do it because I know how much shit the ending is.... It's one of those things that, perhaps, it's better to retain my untainted memories and nostalgia rather than ruin it for how bad the show ends up.
I know that feel.
I got into the show in 2011. It really helped me out in many ways. It was a magical opportunity, before the dark clouds settled over the internet.
I kept my distance from the fandom, but I had lots of bros thanks to hanging out on mlpforums and the various ponychans. People were so open, sincere and friendly. It was cool.

And yeah, the show basically stops being sincere in the end and turns into the same cynical crap that's ashamed of it's message. When we started watching it for the reason that it was sincere and fun. It basically burned me so hard, that I couldn't really let my guard down with any entertainment thing that is still being made. Yeah, I'm autistic. lmao

On the bright side if I ever get to make a niche internet mini franchise, I will certainly keep in mind how not to shit on my audience and how to handle something's spirit better.

Like, she looks so sad and scared xDDDD It's like the writers went out of their way to make it cruel. Speaking of Cozy Glow, I'm actually editing a Cozy Glow fanfic right now, I'll link it once it comes out (If everything goes well, the issue I've had with editing is that I end up doing a full rewrite lol)
Haberman and co are assholes. At least Chrysalis went out like a boss, on the attack.

Also, the Diversity 6 xDDDD Idk, I kinda like the idea of the Mane 6 having to mentor a new generation of ponies (Though of course, they had to be a diverse cast of creatures) into the ways of friendship, that could've been cool. Heck even if they aren't ponies, it still is a good idea IMO. But from what I've gathered the execution was so horrible they lost all relevance by S9.
I wouldn't mind them spreading friendship around, but the Friendship school is so lame. The main focus of Twilight's quest in the beginning was learning from life and real experiences. Teaching friendship as a school activity is something S1 Twilight would try and fail at, only to be taught by Rainbow Dash that real bros grief ranked CSGO players together or something.

For all the critters they got, the Buffalo and the Zebras are absent. Zecora was cool, yet we don't get anymore world building on her. Shame.

Also, Discord's motivations for testing Twi is so beyond stupid. Like what kind of logic is that? Imagine someone reviving Hitler and Stalin and giving them full armies just to teach the president of the US a lesson... And I can't get over that Discord, whose fault it was that those 3 started wreaking havoc again, fucking Discord is the one that suggests to Celestia to turn them to stone, while he walks away with barely any punishment.
Twilight and co... defeated:
Nightmare Moon, Discord, The Changelings, Sombra, Starlight Glimmer's time travel plot, Discord's plunder seeds, the shadow thing is S6, Tirek.

I doubt they would need to prove themselves harder...

As for Discord... I just hate him. I think he is annoying, and has no place in the show outside of being a one note villain. Of all the fan wishes, this time they listened. MEH.
Just from a writing perspective... Discord could basically solve all the problems that is going on instantly. It's just bad.

Yeah I know about the Discord twist, from the outside, it sounds so fucking stupid. Like what's going through the writer's head lmao?? I swear they all went to the same school where they teach you you've got to subvert expectations or have twists for no other reason than for their own sake. I see the same issue with Snoke and Grogar, they were just involved on a narrative twist for the sake of shocking the audience, but leaving them with nothing better in place. A twist is only justified when it adds more to the story, not detracts from it.
I totally agree.

Well... they are basically clones of each other. At least when it comes to influence and worldview. They seem to mechanically repeating tropes without understanding why and how they work. I love a good Twist, but... you can't just pull it out of your ass. Built it up, or don't try to make an ebin story if you can't.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I think he is annoying, and has no place in the show outside of being a one note villain. Of all the fan wishes, this time they listened. MEH.
You know something I don't get? Why the heck they shipped discord with Fluttershy in the show, apparently it was a very popular ship too... Like... Why and how?

Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
You know something I don't get? Why the heck they shipped discord with Fluttershy in the show, apparently it was a very popular ship too... Like... Why and how?
I know right...I can't lie it kind of grossed me out. It felt like shipping a middle aged man and a 16 year old.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I am gonna fucking murder Dostoevsky brothers. I read this fuckers book all my life, i thought Crime and Punishment was a good book and i suggested people read it. This is all in the past now, i am gonna fucking break into the serveer room of them and format the computer his AI runs on.
I never thought I would ever say this, but I agree with you lillill.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I find it funny how I have posted quite a bit in this thread, I have not seen a single episode of MLP. Not even a clip. I watched that pony.mov series when I was a kid and watched a few DWK videos a few months ago, that is the only interaction I have had with MLP whatsoever. I am a phony, with the "h".

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
I find it funny how I have posted quite a bit in this thread, I have not seen a single episode of MLP. Not even a clip. I watched that pony.mov series when I was a kid and watched a few DWK videos a few months ago, that is the only interaction I have had with MLP whatsoever. I am a phony, with the "h".
Ibe barely watched the actual show. I'm just a fucking Equestria girls stan, and Trixie's husband. Ignore everything else. Trixie is my wife.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
Congratulations on breaking the fan content -> show pipeline.

Virtual Cafe Awards