Tears of the Kingdom

• Thread starter Jade
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3177 times.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
FtnLr2MXwAAI0S7

all right which one?
the TotK design is badass

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I think I'll have to fight my gf for the cartridge when it releases because we both will want to play it!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Can't wait to pirate this game on my jailbroken nintendo switch LABeasthaveagoodday
can't do that with mine unfortunately, Splatoon is way too much fun

Virtual Cafe Awards

bibchopman

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I never even considered there would be companion npcs. I wonder what else they're keeping under wraps. I suspect we're going to see an exponential ramp up of trailers showing new features in the coming weeks. They drip fed us for years, now the faucet will be full blast.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I never even considered there would be companion npcs. I wonder what else they're keeping under wraps. I suspect we're going to see an exponential ramp up of trailers showing new features in the coming weeks. They drip fed us for years, now the faucet will be full blast.
Nope, this is the last trailer - because the game comes out next month! Not much time for new presentations.

One thing I hope for now that they've confirmed companion NPCs is that you're able to communicate with Zelda remotely in some way, instead of just having her be stuck somewhere far-off until the end of the game not visibly doing anything.
I also hope her English VA has improved, I couldn't stand her in BotW, it felt like nails on a chalkboard

Virtual Cafe Awards

bibchopman

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Nope, this is the last trailer - because the game comes out next month! Not much time for new presentations.

One thing I hope for now that they've confirmed companion NPCs is that you're able to communicate with Zelda remotely in some way, instead of just having her be stuck somewhere far-off until the end of the game not visibly doing anything.
I also hope her English VA has improved, I couldn't stand her in BotW, it felt like nails on a chalkboard
Definitely agree. The voice acting in BOTW was about on the level of crummy anime dubs of the late 1990s (that I love).

Not so cute in 2017, however.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
so for reference on how broken this game is going to be, here's the current BotW speedrun WR.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYo8ToXZl0Q

The trick that he does with the pot and bow at 3:36 where he's just able to fly around the map is so incredibly easy to do that all you need is a tutorial video. You don't need any practice at all to set it up. Bullet time physics are completely fucked in this game as you can see when he launches himself with bombs. Now, that trick's gonna be gone in TotK because the bomb rune isn't a thing anymore, but there are other funny uses like launching a guardian into orbit from a single cryonis pillar (I would upload a video where I did just that but alas I don't have a microSD converter). We'll see how many glitches carry over between games but with the insane amount of complexity in TotK, this game is going to be a DREAM for glitch hunters and speedrunners

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder how versatile the fusion rune will be, Imma bet that if there are explosive barrels you can fuse to things, it will awaken someone's inner 2010 edgelord and an allah akbar compilation will be posted somewhere in short order.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
FtnLr2MXwAAI0S7

all right which one?
Oh yeah, btw - The popular theory right now is that Ganondorf is gonna be revealed to be
the hero shown in the mural from BOTW, and that he's gonna be fighting against the Calamity too because he wants to end the cycle of reincarnation
It would be really nice to see a WW-style Ganon again.

Virtual Cafe Awards